British Speedway Forum

or J00000nas Davidsson :cry:

Have to say I found a few of the fans comments funny before the meeting on Monday.

"I would sign that Patryk Dudek to replace Proctor" ...... "We should go for Mikael Max" ...... "What about Sayfutdinov to replace Proctor as Ty has a near 9 average in the Speedway Star"

Those were just three of the comments which are way off the mark as all those riders have higher averages ...... Personally I would go for that Gollob fella :D

Edited by T.N.T.
  • Like 1

On that basis, loan Michelsen ;):D

Hes not affordable :lol:
  • Like 1

One rumour I have heard bandied about is that R/R is not going to be allowed in the Play Offs - can anyone confirm or deny this - or has that part of the rule book not been written yet :D

If it is true then we will have to sign someone.

Wolfie

One rumour I have heard bandied about is that R/R is not going to be allowed in the Play Offs - can anyone confirm or deny this - or has that part of the rule book not been written yet :D

Wolfie

Going into the play offs with R/R would be a huge gamble, the possibility of going down to 5 riders in a meeting is always a possibility, and that would be a difficult hurdle to overcome. I really hope Wolves get someone in soon....

The facility for using R/R for Ty Proctor should have been withdrawn once Plymouth replaced him. That might have forced the Wolves management to do something!

The facility for using R/R for Ty Proctor should have been withdrawn once Plymouth replaced him. That might have forced the Wolves management to do something!

Interesting suggestion, although Proctor being our asset should make a difference!

15th July Proctor was removed from the Plymouth 1-7 and since then we have had just 2 home meetings. They have obviously been talking to riders but got nowhere ....... no team should be forced into making a change and sign a rider they don't want.

Cant say for definate, but if Wolves declare that they can't find a suitable replacement, then R/R has to still be an option for them as they can't be forced into signing a rider that is not upto the job o they had no intention of signing.

Frankly I think Wolves will NOT be going into the play offs using R/R for Proctor and think a new signing will be named just before they start and make us stronger away from home at the right time as we need it with the way Swindon and Poole are dominating at their home tracks.

15th July Proctor was removed from the Plymouth 1-7 and since then we have had just 2 home meetings. They have obviously been talking to riders but got nowhere ....... no team should be forced into making a change and sign a rider they don't want.

as they can't be forced into signing a rider that is not upto the job o they had no intention

But surely if teams WERE penalised for using R/R, for an overly extended period ala Wolves & Eastbourne, maybe they would make a signing. You don't see R/R being used in Poland unless

it's for a top rider, anyone else and it's a reserve = team sign a new rider & don't short change their customers!

Be patient Wolves fans.

A couple of riders have turned down joining at the moment and will make themselves available for the UK come the end of August including the likes of Peter Ljung, Jurica Pavlic and Daniel Nermark

But surely if teams WERE penalised for using R/R, for an overly extended period ala Wolves & Eastbourne, maybe they would make a signing. You don't see R/R being used in Poland unless

it's for a top rider, anyone else and it's a reserve = team sign a new rider & don't short change their customers!

I still don't get this 'short changing' of customers. We're still seeing 15 heats with 4 riders in each. I far prefer RR to a guest.

SG - You don't see it in Poland because they have a squad and a list of riders waiting to step in. These riders are often looked after by the track, given time to practice and financed. We dont have that here and teams in Poland will have second strings that are #1's in the Elite League here.

I still don't get this 'short changing' of customers. We're still seeing 15 heats with 4 riders in each. I far prefer RR to a guest.

1) Meetings drag out due to riders having two rides on the trot. Example Eastbourne v Wolves finished at 10:10pm. Interval taken at 9:20pm.

2) No number 8 named - risk of heats without four riders.

3) Lack of variety - limited 'new' riders

4) When both teams use r/r it's a joke that we are seeing even more. At NL level it's even more of a disappointment.

This is a further dilution to the ridiculous half a 'B' fixture E-Lite League.

How many Mondays have Wolves not ridden?

1) Meetings drag out due to riders having two rides on the trot. Example Eastbourne v Wolves finished at 10:10pm. Interval taken at 9:20pm.

2) No number 8 named - risk of heats without four riders.

3) Lack of variety - limited 'new' riders

4) When both teams use r/r it's a joke that we are seeing even more. At NL level it's even more of a disappointment.

This is a further dilution to the ridiculous half a 'B' fixture E-Lite League.

How many Mondays have Wolves not ridden?

Teams can't use a #8 anymore as it meas taking a rider to a meeting, paying him to sit around. Yes it's a catch 22 situation which doesnt help with so many doubling up riders now in the Elite League.

Don't think there are many that like the fixtures being off set so you ride one team four times and another twice ad hopefully that is one thing that will be addressed in the winter months

First Monday meeting wasn't until May 8th and since then there have been 17 Mondays upto and inc August 5th. Of those 17, Wolves have not ridden at Monmore Green on just 6 occaions but these have been justified with fixtures taking up those dates

April 29 at Coventry

May 13 - British Final

May 20 - RESERVED for British Final

June 3 - at Peterborough

July 1 - Wolves Select v Dudley

July 15 - SWC

When you take into account, Wolves have been fortunate not to hae had one rain off meeting this season, so the number of Mondays free would not have really helped until the later months. We have 5th and 19th August with no meetings, so after that it's down to the play offs in mid Sptember (23rd onwards).