British Speedway Forum

The promoters don't give a toss about the paying supporters they will plod on with 6 riders and RR and keep taking our money I have started picking which matches I want to go to were I would at one time go to all and away ones.

Must admit that is my sentiment right now also.

I know its shocking. Joint top of the league. So awful to watch such a poor side.

I know its shocking. Joint top of the league. So awful to watch such a poor side.

Glad you are happy with RR

I'll take rr and be joint top of the league than have no rr and be also rans. It's not ideal, but the moaning is way over the top.

Without Fred's absence on Friday we'd very likely be 4 pts clear.

As it is the important factor is we get the RIGHT man in before the play offs.

Should we not do that, go into the playoffs with RR and get beaten with ease then by all means its open season, right now I don't see anything to worry about.

Even had Freddie ridden at Coventry, it's hard to see Wolves getting more than a point at Brandon when you look a the results.

HT 1 = KK was on fire so Freddie second and Ludvig last means a 4-2 to Bees intead of a 5-1

HT 5 = Freddie should have won, so a 3-3 instead of Bees 5-1 (16-14 now)

Skornicki now would not have been a tactical in heat 8 so a 2-4 instead of a 2-7..... so the 3 points gained by Freddie so far coves those gained by Adam

HT 11 = Jacob replaces Kerr and wins ...... just as Freddie would have done taking him to 8 from 3 rides

HT 13 = Maybe Freddie could have beat Scott to make it a 3-3 insted of a 4-2

HT 15 = KK again spoils the party so a 3-3 was about right.

Bees would still have won the meeting and Wolves would have gained one point

Wolves have to get the right person in for the play offs (or v Belle Vue) and in my opinion the only rider capable of coming in and scoring points straight away is Peter Ljung who would form a good partnership with Adam and Ricky moved to #2. The only other rider would be Daniel Nermark.

Pontus Aspgren has returned to Britain and hitting big scores for Rye House but bringing him in would put him at reserve and Ludvig at #2 with Jacob likely to move up before the end of the season. Same would apply if Nicolai or Hynek Stichauer were to double up.

We seem to have missed out on some riders already and Michelsen has proved with Eastbourne that he would have been a rider that would have made the team stronger. If you are looking for another poential youngster, then Vaclav Milik has to be the choice

Even had Freddie ridden at Coventry, it's hard to see Wolves getting more than a point at Brandon when you look a the results.

HT 1 = KK was on fire so Freddie second and Ludvig last means a 4-2 to Bees intead of a 5-1

HT 5 = Freddie should have won, so a 3-3 instead of Bees 5-1 (16-14 now)

Skornicki now would not have been a tactical in heat 8 so a 2-4 instead of a 2-7..... so the 3 points gained by Freddie so far coves those gained by Adam

HT 11 = Jacob replaces Kerr and wins ...... just as Freddie would have done taking him to 8 from 3 rides

HT 13 = Maybe Freddie could have beat Scott to make it a 3-3 insted of a 4-2

HT 15 = KK again spoils the party so a 3-3 was about right.

Highly flawed TNT.

With a signing at 2 we may have got something at Coventry.

And maybe the 'signing' would have scored less than 5 from 4 and been even worse.

Folk seem to be expecting a 5.5 rider to come in and be averaging 8.

I'll take rr and be joint top of the league than have no rr and be also rans. It's not ideal, but the moaning is way over the top.

Should we not do that, go into the playoffs with RR and get beaten with ease then by all means its open season, right now I don't see anything to worry about.

So would i, that isn't then point.

We have had a superb year , whilst the injuries have muted our dominance it hasn't stopped us from still battling for top spot.

It is the injury to Ty that has seen our dominance turned into indifference.

I was/am hoping the management feel the same and would do what it takes to bring in a replacement that would turn us back into favourites again.

So the statement that a replacement has to be `affordable` sums up the aim for this season right now and the play offs.

Forgive me, as a fan, if i feel a little cheated.

When nearly all other forum posters say that Wolves are the easy option in the play offs it tells you a lot about our chances.

Whilst i will never rule out our play off hopes of another title, we seem to be out of form of late. NOT what you want in August.

I know where you are coming from Steve.

However last night they weren't out of form, they beat a very good Birmingham team.

The play-offs aren't in August either, they're in September.

No replacement for Ty was going to cover what he was scoring to be honest.

I'd rather have the right signing later than the wrong one early. Time will tell if and when that happens. If they DON'T replace him, then I agree with all the comments. Let's wait and see.

If the Wolves do sign somebody then it could all change but if not they will still be a tough nut to crack.Whoever goes there if it was the first leg ? if not on there game could end up having a large deficit to claw back.Monmore is a hard track to master a bit of a homer but credit where it is due they have had an outstanding season which in all honestly LOOKED an average line up at the start of the season.

• Like 1

I know where you are coming from Steve.

However last night they weren't out of form, they beat a very good Birmingham team.

The play-offs aren't in August either, they're in September.

No replacement for Ty was going to cover what he was scoring to be honest.

I'd rather have the right signing later than the wrong one early. Time will tell if and when that happens. If they DON'T replace him, then I agree with all the comments. Let's wait and see.

We are singing from the same hymn sheet then.

The RIGHT replacement is key, and not just a signing for the sake of it. But that right signing is needed.

As for the play offs, of course they start next month but you need to be in form leading up to them, not the week they start.

Last night was great result wise, the facts remain we have been indifferent for weeks now.

So, Wolves have 5.78 to replace Ty Proctor with, so obviously any rider must come in on or below that figure.

As we're hearing a lot of bleating about how badly RR is doing for Wolves, I figured, let's check out the reality of this.

RR at home is averaging 5.86

Away it is averaging 5.82

Overall 5.84.

So there is the crux, any rider brought in needs to be at the very least matching that, more ideally beating it. Would someone totally new, thrown in at No 2 do that? Maybe.. maybe not. We've seen Michelsen come in at Eastbourne and have a couple of good meetings but also a shocker at Lakeside (potential play off opponents).

It would be safer to look towards established riders, like Nermark and Ljung. Yet they have averages of below 5.78 for a reason.. that's their level in the EL. Yes, they can have good meetings, but they'll also be awful in others.

The simple reality is we are never going to be able to replace the scoring Proctor was providing at the start of the season. He was riding to an 8.5pt average, which is why we were so dominant. RR has simply been producing what Proctor would have been EXPECTED to produce. Given the injuries also suffered by Tai and Freddie, we've still done well to stay on contention.

I remain confident that come the play-offs the team is capable of stepping up a gear and giving anyone a run for their money.

I expect it won't be just one change before the play offs, I expect Baby Lindgren to be gone too..