British Speedway Forum

Hopefully he can display the same form as last time he rode for Wolves - certainly a far better signing than some that had been suggested.

Edited by Wolfie
  • Like 1

Are you Gavan in disguise?

Who/what/where/why is this 'Gavan' that's popped up in a couple of threads???? :wink: Not too many posts recently so maybe he's 'had enough' already?? :D

Edited by Skidder1

Miskowiak's return is barrel-scraping - not just for Wolves, but the EL and British speedway as a whole.

Really? On what grounds?

Miskowiak can be a match winner or a complete flop and thats in each race not meeting.

Certainly a cheaper option than Michelsen, Nermark or Ljung who have been mentioned and time will tell if it works out

Revealing little quote from the Dark Lord in the local paper tonight,.....'Along with every other Elite League club we enquired about Patrick Dudek (Polish World Cup winner) and at one stage were in negotiations with Mikkel Michelsen who joined Eastbourne recently but never at a financial level.....' The bit he missed out was 'I know we have been top of the league for most of the season and have a half decent chance in the play offs but if you lot think I'm going to maximise our chances by spending a penny piece more than necessary you've got another thing coming. Now keep on rolling up every Monday and giving me your luverrly lolly there's good fellows'. Outbid by Eastbourne, oh dearie me. (No disrespect to the Beagles by the way).

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

I'm not exactly over the moon by the signing. On the other hand the last time he rode for us it was as a heatleader, and now it will be as second string, so less pressure on him in that sense. As mentioned before I would certainly consider putting Wells at number two.

• Like 1

Think the only talk with Dudek may have been when Freddie was out injured and they didn't know how long he was going to be out for as he wouldn't fit in the team to replace Proctor but he has shown no interest in riding over here at all.

Michelsen was the one rider I would have loved to have seen and if not then the likes of Vaclav Milik. However as Mikkel Bech opted to sign in the Premier League and rule himelf out, then MM signed for Eastbourne, Wolves had to go for a moe experienced rider to come in at a late stage.

Peter Ljung looked a good option but his form has dropped off and has now turned down Lakeside while Daniel Nermark has returned from injury to score well in big meetings but has again ruled out riding over here despite having good connections locally. At one stage I was getting worried that Klindt, Aspgren or even Stichauer were in the short list but Miskowiak could be a better option.

I agree that he would be better at #3 with Ricky at #2 and hope the Polish partnership can help us on tracks like Swindon, Birmingham and mos likely Poole.

Robert Miskowiak - Age 29 - Last 8 meetings

2013-08-04 Polish 1. league in Lublin {Poland) 1 Wybrzeze Gdansk 0 3 3 1* 3 = 10+1

2013-07-24 Polish Club Pairs Championships in Ostrow (Poland) 8 Wybrzeze Gdansk 3 2* 1* 2* = 8+3

2013-07-21 Polish 1. league in Gdansk (Poland) 13 Wybrzeze Gdansk 2 3 1 3 1 0 = 10

2013-07-07 Polish 1. league in Lodz (Poland) 5 Wybrzeze Gdansk 3 2* 0 2 1 2 = 10+1

2013-07-06 UEM Individual Championships Challenge in Zarnovica (Slovakia) 2 1 2 2 1 = 8

2013-07-03 Swedish Alsvenskan in Avesta (Sweden) 3 Gnistorna Malmoe 0 2 fx = 2

2013-06-30 Polish 1. league in Gdansk (Poland) 13 Wybrzeze Gdansk 2 3 fx 3 1* 2 = 11

2013-06-27 Swedish Alsvenskan in Malmoe (Sweden) 3 Gnistorna Malmoe 3 0 0 2 = 5

At least he already has a set of Wolves kevlars !!

Edited by T.N.T.

Welcome back Robert, he gave us some strength away from home last year & will hopefully take the pressure off Wells and allow him to race at no2. Sqora and Misko - could it work?

Edited by superguest

Risky signing, could go either way. Hope he has a fruitful return to the Elite this time...

Aww bless.

School be starting again soon.

? ? ?

Totally uninspiring signing! Having said that he could be just what is needed to strengthen the Wolves going into the play-offs or he can be a total flop!! Will have to wait and see....

Risky signing, could go either way. Hope he has a fruitful return to the Elite this time...

Pretty much sums up those of us that aren't inspired by the signing. Jury out on the success this time.

Totally uninspiring signing - At least a signing has been made so can go into the remaining matches with a 1-7, we know what Bob can do, he knows the tracks and is scoring well and he can gate. Replacing Ty was always going to be difficult with the form he was in compared to the average he was on now Klindt that would have been a totally uninspiring signing.

Risky signing - How going with R/R was risky if we lost another rider during the meeting we would have been up messy creek

Now at least we have options , changing the riding order , Whilst Jacobs in good form we can use him as a replacement for out of sorts riders instead of saving him for R/R rides.

• Like 2