British Speedway Forum

No way should Freddie be released. He is Wolves through and through and maybe he couldn't get a flight in time to get there. Yes there are flights Saturday morning that could get there, but are they full ?

I am not saying he is right nd do feel Wolves should have been his priority here but let's not forget all he has given the club over 10 years and deserves the right to give his views on it in the forthcoming days.

As for Nicki Pedersen ...... no chance and isn't there a rumour he could be at Kings Lynn to replace Schlein in a last bid to reach the play offs.

Get Ljung or Nermark in for Ty and Wolves will be ready for the play offs and I think Swindon will finish top and will choose Brummies or us and plan on meeting Poole in the final.

As for next year, I cant see the Elite League being the same as it is now and would like to see the EL and PL made closer to hopefully bring it to one big league in 2015.

I doubt Wolverhampton would be interested with NP coming back after the whole Wayne Carter incident a few years ago...

think it's more the other way round now

No way should Freddie be released. He is Wolves through and through and maybe he couldn't get a flight in time to get there. Yes there are flights Saturday morning that could get there, but are they full ?

he was all set to ride on friday as of Wednesday morning, Tai is still riding Friday as he and a few other rider (Freddie included) have a private jet waiting for them after the friday night meetings (believe it is the organisers who are footing the bill)

so i don't buy into this maybe he couldn't get a flight there in time, it's fairly obvious that he couldn't be bothered riding friday thus letting his team, team mates and fans down. the same fans who stood in below freezing weather conditions for his testimonial earlier in the year.

if i was the management at wolves the least i would do is take the captaincy off him from now on

• Like 1

Looking forward, it's good to see club assets Pontus Aspgren and Hynek Sttichauer now riding in the Premier League. Both riders started with club to early and while both had glimpses of potential, they are now at their correct level for the time being and hopefully will progress more in the PL.

With Nicolai Klindt and Ashley Morris also riding in the lower league to build confidence while Ty Proctor and Ricky Wells have been doubling up, Wolves have a decent squad of riders now coming through and of course have a young team at present with Tai 23 and Jacob 20 doing well while Ludvig 22 may not be an asset, but his heart is with the club and Freddie is still only 27. Sadly Joe Haines has called it a day a month before his 22nd birthday.

Of course we still have three other youngsters riding in Adam Skornicki 36, Mikael Max 40 and the promising Peter Karlsson at just 43 and still having a few spins at 52 we have Sam Ermolenko who could still show most of those listed the fastest way around Monmore Green

Edited by T.N.T.

I'm glad that you can look forward TNT. Unfortunately the thread is 'Wolverhampton 2013'. I must presume you wern't at Birmingham or Coventry this week?. We are/were allegedly the 'top of the table' team! I'm getting very tired of seeing a patched up team with a permanent r/r, no Number 8 and a complete lack of fight, crawling it's way into the play-off's where we will be subjected to being turned over by Poole / Swindon / Birmingham in the semi and no doubt have to pay more entrance fees and programme charges for the privilege. If Parry International is paying out on success then DP must be quids in! The 'Affordable' Wolves are letting the fans down both on and off the track.

• Like 2

The list of riders Wolverhampton have tried to get to replace Ty Proctor is quite long and most if not all have been mentioned at one stage.

Why are they still using r/r is not one has agreed to join up but there will be a full team v Belle Vue I'm sure

Why don't Wolves try and sign Rene Bach?

In fine form in the Premier League and Danish league outscoring the likes of Mikkel Bech Jensen and Mikkel Michelsen.

His average is 5.15 and he fits in well at 2.

The list of riders Wolverhampton have tried to get to replace Ty Proctor is quite long and most if not all have been mentioned at one stage.

Why are they still using r/r is not one has agreed to join up but there will be a full team v Belle Vue I'm sure

The riders they have tried to sign either can't do the fixtures listed or are too expensive.

The promotion has emphasised again and again that the replacement has to be affordable - i.e. CHEAP

I'm surprised Klindt is riding against us on Monday as I fully expected the promotion to go backwards yet again and sign him after his performance for Brum against us last Wednesday.

Wolfie

The riders they have tried to sign either can't do the fixtures listed or are too expensive.

The promotion has emphasised again and again that the replacement has to be affordable - i.e. CHEAP

I'm surprised Klindt is riding against us on Monday as I fully expected the promotion to go backwards yet again and sign him after his performance for Brum against us last Wednesday.

Wolfie

Has Rene Bach been mentioned at all ?

Why don't Wolves try and sign Rene Bach?

In fine form in the Premier League and Danish league outscoring the likes of Mikkel Bech Jensen and Mikkel Michelsen.

His average is 5.15 and he fits in well at 2.

Yes he has been mentioned and was at Monmore Green a couple of weeks ago have a practice after the meeting and going pretty well too. This may just be him trying a few things out or could be a potential signing but I think they have another rider they are looking at bringing in ....... possibly ?

We do need a full team in the play offs as R/R isn't working at away tracks and it looks like whoever we sign has to be able to ride Birmingham, Poole and Swindon. ....... Sudden Sam anyone !!

EDIT; Bach rode at Birmingham, Poole and Swindon last season scoring 4, 6 and 2

Edited by T.N.T.

Cant see why he would, hasn't looked EL level and is most definetly not the answer to replace Ty.

Cant see why he would, hasn't looked EL level and is most definetly not the answer to replace Ty.

It has got to the stage where we can no longer afford to be choosey - we have to sign more or less whoever is available.

Wolfie

It has got to the stage where we can no longer afford to be choosey - we have to sign more or less whoever is available.

Wolfie

Agreed, but not a signing for signing sake. Whilst RR has shown its inadequate signing someone who really hasn't taken any chances well at EL level is just a desperate step.

My enthusiasm is dwindling with every passing day that we don't get a decent replacement tho

Continued use of R/R doesn't tend to work for long periods as it eventually takes its toll on men and machines.

Wolves were flying in the first half of the season when nearly everyone was going well but it's clear the wheels are starting to come off and Freddie's decision to miss the match against Coventry and the Wolves subsequent statement clearly shows things are not going as well as it was earlier in the season.

I would say Wolves will be everyone's first pick come the play offs, of course assuming that Wolves will still be in them, lose tonight and its not so clear cut.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Continued use of R/R doesn't tend to work for long periods as it eventually takes its toll on men and machines.

Wolves were flying in the first half of the season when nearly everyone was going well but it's clear the wheels are starting to come off and Freddie's decision to miss the match against Coventry and the Wolves subsequent statement clearly shows things are going as well as it was earlier in the season.

I would say Wolves will be everyone's first pick come the play offs, of course assuming that Wolves will still be in them, lose tonight and its not so clear cut.

I think your right about being first pick, but I think we will in the play-offs without a doubt.

The promoters don't give a toss about the paying supporters they will plod on with 6 riders and RR and keep taking our money I have started picking which matches I want to go to were I would at one time go to all and away ones.