British Speedway Forum

you could end up with a lifetime ban from the launch pad shads! :shock:

For having an opinion?

For having an opinion?

shads, you should know the only opinions uncle len allows at hoddesdon are his own! :wink:
  • Like 1

Uncle Len in his end of season speech last night said that next years team is basically sorted subject to "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" !!!

.... and it will be "one of the youngest teams he has ever assembled" !!!

So does that rule out Ollie Allen, Gjedde, Lanham, Doolan etc etc??

I would say Mellgren (6.47), Bunyan (5.14), Garrity (4.79) & Kasper (4.28) are pretty much nailed on leaving just under 22 points to play with (assuming the limit is 42.5 again).

IF (young) Nelson (5.33) is included that would give us a whopping 16 points plus to play with for the final two riders. Correction 14 points cos Len's teams are always at least 2 points under the limit!!

So which two youngsters could they be???

Edited by Fiala

After Lens statement last night about next years team being the youngest fielded etc etc and his off the record statement that there will be 4 teenagers, 1 21 year old and 2 older riders, I think that only the number one position is the real mystery for most rye supporters )))

1. Gjedde, Doolan, Masters ???

2. Tyson Nelson (19/20)

3. Anders Mellgren (21)

4. Jason Bunyan (33 ?)

5. Ricky Kling (24/25?)

6. Jason Garrity (19)

7. Kasper Lykke (18?)

Sam Masters (21/22) was the big rumour I was told last night, if so then it will not be as Len stated with the ages, but not far out.

Very interesting team, plenty of room for improvement, but only 2 fully british riders.

After Lens statement last night about next years team being the youngest fielded etc etc and his off the record statement that there will be 4 teenagers, 1 21 year old and 2 older riders, I think that only the number one position is the real mystery for most rye supporters )))

1. Gjedde, Doolan, Masters ???

2. Tyson Nelson (19/20)

3. Anders Mellgren (21)

4. Jason Bunyan (33 ?)

5. Ricky Kling (24/25?)

6. Jason Garrity (19)

7. Kasper Lykke (18?)

Sam Masters (21/22) was the big rumour I was told last night, if so then it will not be as Len stated with the ages, but not far out.

Very interesting team, plenty of room for improvement, but only 2 fully british riders.

If that side doesn't get the punters back, then nothing will. I doubt we'll see Charlie again. Ricky Kling was dropping big hints on Twitter about joining the Rockets, but you have to be careful with social media, as I've recently discovered!

It'll be strange to see a majority foreign Rye House side after years of watching an almost fully British line up.

Kennett(Doubling up)

Nelson

Garrity

Nielsen

Mellgren

Bunyan

Leaves enough room for another.

Kennett(Doubling up)

Nelson

Garrity

Nielsen

Mellgren

Bunyan

Leaves enough room for another.

What's the formula for converting EL to PL averages, is it +60%?

Edited by Shadders

What's the formula for converting EL to PL averages, is it +60%?

Yes. Easiest way is to divide the EL average by 0.6. Kennett's 6.25 EL average converts to 10.42, pretty hefty!

Chris' team above comes to 36.43 leaving 6.07 for the final rider give or take any slight movement in the final GSA's.

Put a fully fit Taylor Poole in there on 5.99 and the team's a good un.

Edited by Steve Irving

Yes. Easiest way is to divide the EL average by 0.6. Kennett's 6.25 EL average converts to 10.42, pretty hefty!

Chris' team above comes to 36.43 leaving 6.07 for the final rider give or take any slight movement in the final GSA's.

Put a fully fit Taylor Poole in their on 5.99 and the team's a good un.

Kennett 10.42

Nelson 5.33

Poole 5.99

Bunyan 5.14

Mellgren 6.47

Nielsen 4.28

Garrity 4.79

Total 42.42

You'd be hard pushed to see a better team with more potential than that in the league.

Kennett 10.42

Nelson 5.33

Poole 5.99

Bunyan 5.14

Mellgren 6.47

Nielsen 4.28

Garrity 4.79

Total 42.42

You'd be hard pushed to see a better team with more potential than that in the league.

Kennett would never Maintain a 10.42 average - no potential in him on that average!

Edited by F P

Something that needs to be addressed during the winter is the club website. For any professional sports club not have a website in this day and age is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Communication between the club and supporters needs improving.

• Like 1

Shadders are trying to get your name in print again this week ? :rofl:

Edited by semion

Something that needs to be addressed during the winter is the club website. For any professional sports club not have a website in this day and age is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Communication between the club and supporters needs improving.

I quite agree Shads ))

And I will be telling the management all this at the 'Official Supporters Club' Dinner and Dance tonight.

PS, you not invited ????

:rofl:

Kennett would never Maintain a 10.42 average - no potential in him on that average!

Doesnt really matter to be honest, you need a number one to go out in heat 13 & 15 & get the race win, if he maintains 9-10 point average for the season then its job done. You need the lower order riders (especially reserves) to put a point or two on their averages.