British Speedway Forum

Great news for the team just hope for his sake that it's nota knee jerk reaction to the british under 21.

I have not posted on here for yonks ( whatever they are ) but I felt a word needs said about young Mr. Garrity. I was gutted for the lad over his British Final. I am one of the old school who doesn't like one wee bit this business of semi-finals, then finals, in big meetings.

The boy went through the card undefeated. In the good old days, that would have made him the Under 21 British Champion. In my book, sorry to Mr. Branford, who has done brilliantly, but it's how I feel. This whole carry on was brought about, like so many things, to try and make TV more exciting. I just don't like it....and never will. To win five races, then have to run the risk of what actually happened in the final, where other riders possibly haven't won a single race, and lose, is to me just plain wrong. I await all round condemnation.

• Like 5

I have not posted on here for yonks ( whatever they are ) but I felt a word needs said about young Mr. Garrity. I was gutted for the lad over his British Final. I am one of the old school who doesn't like one wee bit this business of semi-finals, then finals, in big meetings.

The boy went through the card undefeated. In the good old days, that would have made him the Under 21 British Champion. In my book, sorry to Mr. Branford, who has done brilliantly, but it's how I feel. This whole carry on was brought about, like so many things, to try and make TV more exciting. I just don't like it....and never will. To win five races, then have to run the risk of what actually happened in the final, where other riders possibly haven't won a single race, and lose, is to me just plain wrong. I await all round condemnation.

You won't get any from me. I posted my views on the U21 thread after leaving the meeting on Monday. I said to the people I was standing with that he was destined not to win it after breezing into the final. That's the way things are I'm afraid and I can't see them reverting back to the old format. I'm sure we'd be celebrating if Jason had sneaked into the final through the semi and won it Edited by Shadders

Interesting to see Robert Mear lastnight, Craig said something about having only 28 Elite meetings, he was getting a bit of track time! Not sure if he was checking out something on his bike.

Thankfully it was only that... Did you see his score at Sheffield last night? The only riders he beat were James Sarjeant and Ben Hopwood

Edited by Shadders

IMO Robert Mear needs far more meetings than he can get in the EL alone to keep himself sharp.maybe temporary cover for Jason Bunyan could work out for both parties if the averages fit.

Edited by Triple.H.

I see Olly has been signed by Coventry to take over from Joe Screen. I presume its a double UP so we get preference if there any clashes in fixtures.

Good Luck to him. As long as he stays safe and doesn't knacker all his best equipment I hope it will keep him sharp for the Rockets.

IMO Robert Mear needs far more meetings than he can get in the EL alone to keep himself sbarp.maybe temporary cover for Jazon Bunyan could work out for both parties if the averages fit.

He has a full time job, so I doubt he'd want any extra meetings.

I see Olly has been signed by Coventry to take over from Joe Screen. I presume its a double UP so we get preference if there any clashes in fixtures.

Almost certain about that.

I would have thought Steve can come in for Nelson next Saturday, but I'm not sure ?

I would have thought Steve can come in for Nelson next Saturday, but I'm not sure ?

All due respect to Boxall, not a direct replacement for Nelson (not on current form anyway). Because Bunyan is also missing, the Rockets will be able to use R/R & a guest. Maybe name Boxall at #8?

We have Bunyan, Lambert and Nelson out on Saturday. All due respect but Morley is not the answer to replace Lambert. And if we ride R/R for Nelson it puts pressure on Jason G and Kasper to perform. If Steve can nurse his bike through a full meeting, he looked as fast as Nelson last Saturday, but he cannot come in as reserve as he has previously held a PL average of above 4 ??

Richie Hawkins ? Micky Dyer ? as guest options ?

Micky dyer would be the most obvious choice - but not sure of his previous record around rye - naming Boxall at no.8 would be a very shrewd move in my opinion.

We have Bunyan, Lambert and Nelson out on Saturday. All due respect but Morley is not the answer to replace Lambert. And if we ride R/R for Nelson it puts pressure on Jason G and Kasper to perform. If Steve can nurse his bike through a full meeting, he looked as fast as Nelson last Saturday, but he cannot come in as reserve as he has previously held a PL average of above 4 ??

Richie Hawkins ? Micky Dyer ? as guest options ?

As Lambert can only be replaced by an NL rider I would have thought that Morley was the obvious choice.

Weather forecast looks pretty bad for the next 72 hours, looking brighter towards the end of May.

Len should take any early decision and postpone all meetings until June then!