British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish Play Offs 2012

Trivia for "oldies". 50 years ago today, an obscure record called "Love Me Do" was released.

Did you need one of those wind up gramophones to play it?

It's insane how time flies though FIFTY YEARS good God.

Just realized everyone must have resigned and given up asking........"are you going to show Polish speedway" lol. The match threads, emails and tweeets to Premier Sports were forever relentlessly asking them.

one rider only for vetlanda in heat 11

and it's Lindqvist!

Trivia for "oldies". 50 years ago today, an obscure record called "Love Me Do" was released.

Nice harmonica....terrible band.....much preferred The Stones

Can anyone else see a possible last heat decider?

Plane boards at 9.45pm - wish me luck!

Just like to say thanks to Premier Sports for the coverage in 2012, and to manchesterpaul for the scoresheets for each match.

I think Dave Goddard deserves a medal for his commentaries - such a relief from the adrenalin fuelled nutter on another channel - but I do think that Premier could at least give him an on-screen credit!

Lets do it all again in 2013

• Like 1

Can anyone else see a possible last heat decider?

Of course its possible, however II still believe that Vetlanda will win before heat 15.

Heat 11 will determine that.

British time?

Yes, so as long as there's no further del....NO Dave, don't put the commentator's curse on it!

Just like to say thanks to Premier Sports for the coverage in 2012, and to manchesterpaul for the scoresheets for each match.

I think Dave Goddard deserves a medal for his commentaries - such a relief from the adrenalin fuelled nutter on another channel - but I do think that Premier could at least give him an on-screen credit!

Lets do it all again in 2013

Excellent post (the Premier Sports part i mean lol) and certainly seconded, thirded etc etc. Dave Goddard certainly excels when at times there is absolutely zilch information coming his way with rider changes in the heats, particularly in the early part of the season.

Also, he is often able to spot key moments and events in a race. He's got a true speedway fans awareness of likely tactical rider changes and.......hold on i am getting a backhander payment for this exaltation aren't i???......most of all it's great to have a commentator who can appreciate fantastic racing without going into screeching hysterics and overstating the slightest overtake etc.