British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

But I thought he was a genius?

Its only the daft that think that! :D

I can't believe there are some on here who don't believe he is still posting??!!!

Hi KKS. You certainly fooled me this time. :lol:

Hi KKS. You certainly fooled me this time. :lol:

Ha ha no I promise its not me, as certain other posters will testify.

In any case I can spell!!

• Like 1

Ha ha no I promise its not me, as certain other posters will testify.

In any case I can spell!!

• Oh really perhaps you should check your last post on the Ryan Sullivans thread.

• Like 1

If Peterborough requires crowds of 2,000 to 'break even' then their business model is wrong. To require this level of attendance is a pretty good indicator that their expenses are way too high. Chucking money at riders does not guarantee success, only a diminished bank balance. Building team loyalty and thinking longer term are very important.

• Like 1

Building team loyalty is important TonyE, but then if you have a team av limit as low as 41 or 42 most teams have to get rid of riders, so much for team loyalty. The averages of the teams this year mean that eight out of the ten teams have to get rid of riders if the limit for 2013 is 41 and 5 have to if 42 is the limit. Approx team points used. Peterborough has bought in a couple of riders whos average has increased this year, which one or two will you have to get rid of. This does not help with long term thinking and planning.

If Peterborough requires crowds of 2,000 to 'break even' then their business model is wrong. To require this level of attendance is a pretty good indicator that their expenses are way too high. Chucking money at riders does not guarantee success, only a diminished bank balance. Building team loyalty and thinking longer term are very important.

Hearing some of the figures being branded about the cost of star riders. we seriuosly need to rethink the sport and where it's going. If these figures are correct then most clubs can't afford them.

Everybody needs to be realistic, The Promoters, The Supporters, The Workers, but most all, so does the Riders.

The Elite league is not big enough to sustain this massive financial drain. Either riders drop their demands or give this country a miss .

This is facing the reality of the situation....

• Oh really perhaps you should check your last post on the Ryan Sullivans thread.

Do you know, you're absolutely correct. I apologise for my mistake.

If Peterborough requires crowds of 2,000 to 'break even' then their business model is wrong. To require this level of attendance is a pretty good indicator that their expenses are way too high.

it's just crazy i'd doubt anyteam bar poole average anywhere near that,

I doubt anyone who failed to make play offs didnt make a Loss this season. After so many rain offs we have had.. The cost of flying Danish and Polish riders in for meetings that are then rained off must be astronomical. Come on Rick Frost hang in there.... ;-)

I doubt anyone who failed to make play offs didnt make a Loss this season. After so many rain offs we have had.. The cost of flying Danish and Polish riders in for meetings that are then rained off must be astronomical. Come on Rick Frost hang in there.... ;-)

We've been told that the riders have to pay for their own flights etc in British speedway. The only travel expenses covered by clubs now are the travel costs from UK base to track + return

If Frost is covering riders flight costs more fool him

I agree with this - clearly they had also built in a higher level of sponsorship than they achieved. Had they got this, then the break-even crowd would be smaller. However they haven't been slow to fork out when needed - Ryan Sullivan wouldn't have come cheap, nor THJ (although he hasn't done that many meetings). Surely they're also disappointed with MJJ - World Cup winner and won the Vojens GP but only scored 1 point at Poole in August and is only 4th in the Boro averages. Unless of course the EL is much harder than a lot of people like to make out!

• Like 1