British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

A lot of the assets cannot be used by the parent club because of the team-building averages limit

I know, we've been through that! They may also not want to ride but then change their mind or otherwise become available.

Edited by Crump99

Anyway, back to the OT...

I think we'll be going with:

K. Bjerre

Sundstrom

Buczkowski

Fisher

Kosciuch

L. Bjerre

Lawson

Solid at home, dodgy away, typical Panthers fare.

Let's hope you're wrong!

• Like 1

Let's hope you're wrong!

I hope i'm wrong too!

Snap!

I reckon we will see Fisher, Larsen and Hougaard, throw in Kosciuch, Bjerre, Sundstrom and Lawson, and thats your lot. Wont be bad, at home, decent, away, erratic. Theres a shock :lol:

All transfers used to go through the BSPA office with the appropriate BSPA cut and admin costs.

I am sure that doesn't surprise anyone.

So why should it be considered unreasonable for Mr Frost to want to have some say in where his asset rides or to want to be consulted by any possible future employer?

• Like 1

So why should it be considered unreasonable for Mr Frost to want to have some say in where his asset rides or to want to be consulted by any possible future employer?

Whether its unreasonable doesn't matter. The law says he has no say in it and that's all there is too it. You may well take the view that the "the law is an ass" (to quote Charles Dickens) but its still the law. Freedom of employment and all that. I am not saying its right or wrong but that's the way it is.

Whether its unreasonable doesn't matter. The law says he has no say in it and that's all there is too it. You may well take the view that the "the law is an ass" (to quote Charles Dickens) but its still the law. Freedom of employment and all that. I am not saying its right or wrong but that's the way it is.

It maybe the law, but there are still association regulations and courtesies to follow!!!

Anyway, back to the OT...

I think we'll be going with:

K. Bjerre - Hope you are correct

Sundstrom - We all know of course

Buczkowski - Hope your correct

Fisher - Hope you are wrong

Kosciuch - Hope you are wrong

L. Bjerre - Hope you are wrong

Lawson - Hope you are correct

Solid at home, dodgy away, typical Panthers fare.

But is it the law? If Puk signed a document giving his parent club the right to first refusal or whatever that would be taken into account. This is totally different to the Bosman ruling and we're talking people who are already employed in two or three other countries so hardly come into the gissajob category the EU rules came in to protect.

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Like 1

But is it the law? If Puk signed a document giving his parent club the right to first refusal or whatever that would be taken into account. This is totally different to the Bosman ruling and we're talking people who are already employed in two or three other countries so hardly come into the gissajob category the EU rules came in to protect.

Exactly. We won't know 'the law' until it's tested but I can't see it being tested anytime soon.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

I fully realize that Kenneth Bjerre is part of Rick Frost's team building plans due to his not inconsiderable outlay in not only his BEL career but in his past SGP activities but I still feel that Hans Andersen would be a more popular signing by many.

I fully realize that Kenneth Bjerre is part of Rick Frost's team building plans due to his not inconsiderable outlay in not only his BEL career but in his past SGP activities but I still feel that Hans Andersen would be a more popular signing by many.

Jury is out on this 1, this time last year I saw many posters not wanting Bjerre, but this year the majortity seem to... Also Hans wants to stay at Swindon just like Batchelor does, yet Bjerre wants to be at Peterborough.

You are undoubtably right but the fans dont pick the team.

The question really is DID Puk ACTUALLY sign such a contract ? If he didn't we are talking about a hypothetical situation. If he did then its difficult to discuss without knowing exactly what it says but I very much doubt, for a number of reasons that the sort of contract you mention actually exists, but of course we don't know so we can only speculate. As far as I know most riders sign a fairly standard BSPA contract.

EDIT: On a different point. what's happening to Ryan Sullivan ? I thought he moved back to England and wanted to ride over here. He is the sort of class act British speedway needs and I, for one, will be disappointed if he doesn't turn up somewhere.

Edited by E I Addio