British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

Best track my butt... Monmore takes that award.

Best prepared maybe, but not the best track by a long way.

Edited by Game On
  • Like 2

Best track my butt... Monmore takes that award.

Average at best a very technical track having British finals there is a joke, went there a dozen times was a ok venue now is only one side open.? Went there once for the British open pairs meeting very average and now as race tracks go would be well down the pecking order in front of Eastbourne and Lakeside only.!!

Champions of the best track in the Elite league :party:

You mean JOINT champions! :t:

Down to personal choice. I've never liked Monmore because of it's shape. True, it requires a more technical approach. but to me speedway is about speed, and at Monmore your always scrubbing speed off approaching the corners.

Went their last year to see the Stars ride and was well disappointed. There wasn't many races when someone or other fell off. and it wasn't just our riders..

Like i say, it's down to personal choice, I prefer to see the racing fast and close and slipstream riding the man in front to gain that extra speed...

It must have been a rare meeting with little passing then as that is certainly not the norm.

Average at best a very technical track having British finals there is a joke, went there a dozen times was a ok venue now is only one side open.? Went there once for the British open pairs meeting very average and now as race tracks go would be well down the pecking order in front of Eastbourne and Lakeside only.!!

Yet wins best prepared track time and time again, and loved by the riders. As far as best for passing has to be at the top of the pecking order.

Nothing wrong with Wolves, for me its up there with P'boro and Lynn as the best tracks in the EL.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with Wolves, for me its up there with P'boro and Lynn as the best tracks in the EL.

Couldnt agree more. Always look forward to my trips to both Kings Lynn and Peterborough.

Hate going to Peterborough, Wind the throttle one trick ponies.

If you hate going there, then why go?

• Like 2

Im sure if you actually won there then you would enjoy it. Its not fun seeing your team get beat every season at the showground.

Get a grip fella, Obviously your going to win at a track where big engines are rewarded and not skill.

All riders have engines set up for big and small tracks. it takes skill to ride all tracks

Edited by Panther2006

All riders have engines set up for big and small tracks. it takes skill to ride all tracks

Wolves speedway is run as a business, Pboro is a millionaires toy.

Wait till he gets bored, Your club has no morals and just chucks money at riders yet you still can't buy an away win. :lol:

Wolves speedway is run as a business, Pboro is a millionaires toy.

Wait till he gets bored, Your club has no morals and just chucks money at riders yet you still can't buy an away win. :lol:

If You knew anything bout Peterborough Speedway then you would know that Rick Frost took over to stop the club going bust and has invested alot of money to try and atleast make the club stable. But then again I guess he may well of not botherd when theres people like you that dont appreciate someone coming along to stop a club going bust.

Edited by Panther2006

If You knew anything bout Peterborough Speedway then you would know that Rick Frost took over to stop the club going bust and has invested alot of money to try and atleast make the club stable. But then again I guess he may well of not botherd when theres people like you that dont appreciate someone coming along to stop a club going bust.

You do know that you responding to KKS who is desperately trying to pretend to be a Wolves fan. Well, for the next few days anyway then the usual drivel will commence.

• Like 1