British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

I also wouldn't look at a house that I couldn't afford to buy

And you can't force someone to rent their house if they are adamant they want to sell, but you can't afford it.

Edited by Noodles

I think you will find Larsen and Fisher were signed before last week!!! try and keep up :lol: You are obviously obsessed by bad mouthing the Panthers, but at least try and keep to the facts. :icon_smile_clown:

A panthers fan thinking there promotion is being consistent, as expected.

I dont need to bad mouth the Panthers, your own assets are doing a decent enough job to escape which says all i need to know. :t:

• Like 4

Think I'd rather rent it out to get some money coming in as that's the most logical answer.

Well at least it's your decision to make rather than some committee, made up of househunters who may or may not have an interest in buying or renting your house!

And you can't force someone to rent their house if they are adamant they want to sell, but you can't afford it.

No you cant but if there are no buyers it would be sensible to rent it or you have no money coming in at all

• Like 2

BUT would you try and sell or rent a home that you actually didn't own?

• Like 3

in the eyes of the bspa who run/govern the sport in this country he is owned...riders, promoters have to follow the rules sanctioned by the the bspa don't they ???

it's fairly obvious you and paul burbidge don't like the asset system,why don't you take the bspa members to task about it

• Like 2

But these are the rules that ALL promoters aware of and should adhere to on all occasions and not just when it suits their own agenda's. I don't recall Kings Lynn or Speedway Star berating the asset system when Ward & Batchelor were sold for large sums of money.

it's fairly obvious you and paul burbidge don't like the asset system,why don't you take the bspa members to task about it

:rofl:

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

But these are the rules that ALL promoters aware of and should adhere to on all occasions and not just when it suits their own agenda's. I don't recall Kings Lynn or Speedway Star berating the asset system when Ward & Batchelor were sold for large sums of money.

:rofl:

You cannot own a person,you cannot stop a person working. Hans should take them to the european court. He will win without a doudt and frost would back down before it even went that far.

• Like 1

Well at least it's your decision to make rather than some committee, made up of househunters who may or may not have an interest in buying or renting your house!

At least with a house you can own it - no one OWNS the riders! :rolleyes:

Always going on about the rules! So explain why Coventry were given permission to speak to Hans and Swindon weren't? The rules state that if the parent club don't plan on using a rider, the club that they were last on loan with has first refusal! A good example of NOT adhering to the rules on all occasions and just when it suits their own agendas :rolleyes:

You cannot own a person,you cannot stop a person working. Hans should take them to the european court. He will win without a doudt and frost would back down before it even went that far.

Then why hasn't he done it? Why has no-one ever done it?

Who is stopping him from working - he could have ridden for Coventry? He could have ridden for Peterborough? He chose not to so if he wants to ride for Swindon they have to purchase him. They obviously agree with the concept of owning riders, why else would they have bought Doyle?

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 2

Quite clearly, though, the respective purchasers/tenants believe the current owners do 'own' them, having just used the current system to add to their own property portfolios.

• Like 2

Then why hasn't he done it? Why has no-one ever done it?

Who is stopping him from working - he could have ridden for Coventry? He could have ridden for Peterborough? He chose not to so if he wan't to ride for Swindon they have to purchase him. They obviously agree with the concept of owning riders, why else would they have bought Doyle?

Would you work for a derisory amount of money? I know I wouldn't so hardly an offer. As said above, Coventry shouldn't have been talking to him anyway and FYI Swindon didn't buy Doyle - they swapped him with Magic! :rolleyes:

At least with a house you can own it - no one OWNS the riders! :rolleyes:

Always going on about the rules! So explain why Coventry were given permission to speak to Hans and Swindon weren't? The rules state that if the parent club don't plan on using a rider, the club that they were last on loan with has first refusal! A good example of NOT adhering to the rules on all occasions and just when it suits their own agendas :rolleyes:

Would you work for a derisory amount of money? I know I wouldn't so hardly an offer. As said above, Coventry shouldn't have been talking to him anyway and FYI Swindon didn't buy Doyle - they swapped him with Magic! :rolleyes:

Interesting so could Peterborough have swapped Magic for Doyle?

So if I am offered a job and I don't like the salary they are offering I can take them to European Court?

Edited by Noodles

The rules state that if the parent club don't plan on using a rider, the club that they were last on loan with has first refusal!

Do they? Which rule? Hope you're right.

Do they? Which rule? Hope you're right.

It is correct, that is the system.

Folks keep banging on about the word 'own' in respect of the rider. Clubs hold a rider's registration for the UK, so therefore have a role in where he rides.

• Like 2