British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

They could agree on a deferred payment compromise.

Makes a lot of sense but I guess the Peterborough owners are looking for cash upfront given the uncertainty of the future of the sport (sky's last season?) and the uncertainty of installments being paid (Swindon- Companies House). I also sense their view of the way forward is to improve the quality of speedway in the UK with at least three quality riders per team which is clearly at odds with the BSPA. I think they may be right as the racing would be more competitive and the chances of keeping Sky involved will be improved as they like being associated with quality. In the "Elite" league too many race results can be easily forecast before the tapes go up. Time for the BSPA to wake up and make some radical changes as at present they are in danger of killing the sport. Unfortunately I am not convinced there is the ability or desire within to make the decisions if recent events are anything to go by.

Would have picked Andersen myself but not suprised he wanted to stay with the strong looking Swindon team .......

Not 100% convincing though is it: " so he put forward a proposal for the Panthers" & “He came back to them" which suggests that it wasn't as clear cut as Swindon's where he wanted to ride, unless of course it really was a sensible offer which he turned down? That would then agree with what you say and light the touch paper on those bridges.

Peterborough had the choice of Neils K Iversen, Hans Andersen, Kenneth Bjerre and Troy Batchelor to take up the #1 race jacket.

Would have picked Andersen myself but not suprised he wanted to stay with the strong looking Swindon team ....... Hougaard will be a good signing until he moves out of the reserve postion and Kosuich drops down insted.

Have predicted Panthers to battle Coventry and Eastbourne for 7th place ..... just behind Wolves !!

If Panthers finish just below Wolves, they will be one place above Belle Vue i reckon.. ;)

Not 100% convincing though is it: " so he put forward a proposal for the Panthers" & “He came back to them" which suggests that it wasn't as clear cut as Swindon's where he wanted to ride, unless of course it really was a sensible offer which he turned down? That would then agree with what you say and light the touch paper on those bridges.

Hans has already stated it was an offer similar to when he first came across. Unless you claim to know better of course.

It wasnt when Andersen first came across he said when he first joined Peterborough... wasn;t he at Poole for 2 or 3 years prior to signing for the Panthers?

• Like 1

Hans has already stated it was an offer similar to when he first came across. Unless you claim to know better of course.

I only know the same as everyone else. We have events as one side sees and reports it and events as the other side sees it and reports it. Neither side has to lie to make their case, they just have to use whichever pieces of the argument works for them. It's only when you put the two together and look more deeply (if you ever get close to actual situation) that you get closer to the reality when two sides are slugging it out.

• Like 1

I only know the same as everyone else. We have events as one side sees and reports it and events as the other side sees it and reports it. Neither side has to lie to make their case, they just have to use whichever pieces of the argument works for them. It's only when you put the two together and look more deeply (if you ever get close to actual situation) that you get closer to the reality when two sides are slugging it out.

Either way, i'm sure the truth is in there somewhere. It depends who has the most to lose as to who is prepared to `embellish` the most.

Either way, i'm sure the truth is in there somewhere. It depends who has the most to lose as to who is prepared to `embellish` the most.

The truth is always somewhere it's just that we rarely see it. I'd say that Panthers have the most to lose because after somehow giving away a league winning side in 2012 they are in danger of doing the same once again but I don't think so this time round. The side we are putting together isn't setting the pulses racing but it's not as bad as the so called prediction experts are suggesting. It has question marks to answer but the league is only a means to an end and what you start with is rarely what you finish with.

If Panthers finish just below Wolves, they will be one place above Belle Vue i reckon.. ;)

Think Coventry and Eastbourne will be above Belle Vue ;)

Think Coventry and Eastbourne will be above Belle Vue ;)

Everyone will be above the Aces, im suggesting the Wolves will be down with them possibly. Not sure, but the top two may have one eye on the GP's...

Can't the Mods just rename this thread Panthers 2013a, lock it and start a new one called Panthers 2013b - it's getting tiresome!

• Like 1

Can't the Mods just rename this thread Panthers 2013a, lock it and start a new one called Panthers 2013b - it's getting tiresome!

And EXTREMELY CHILDISH!!!!!!!!

Same thing - kids are tiresome, especially when they sit near me in the stand. Can't say that the edit has improved the situation too much. Might as well just name it "Frost's Red & Black Army 2013" (good title btw) but not much hope of taking the heat out of the situation with this thread, hence the original suggestion stands!

What are you expecting? Look who started the thread...and who's changed his screen persona AGAIN! :blink:

• Like 3

What are you expecting? Look who started the thread...and who's changed his screen persona AGAIN! :blink:

So you're saying that the mods are powerless? Need to find some better software then!

Edited by Crump99