British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

He who pays the piper calls the tunes

Yeah, but the tune the piper should be playing is respect, and we haven't had a lot of that from the Panthers this off season.... To their riders or their fans...

• Like 1

He who pays the piper calls the tunes

As I said - what if all the pipers refuse to play?

In the words of Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence.

They may have offered Hans a deal, but that does not mean he would have been signed. Now that Swindon have made an offer, the situation will all pan out. I think Mr Frost is entitled to seek some transfer fee's for his assets, he paid out for Linus and Troy after all. Its time the vulture teams in the elite lge stopped feeding off other clubs assets, its time they bought some of their own. I must add that Swindon have acted in a professional manner, i applaud them for making an offer for Hans.

• Like 1

They may have offered Hans a deal, but that does not mean he would have been signed. Now that Swindon have made an offer, the situation will all pan out. I think Mr Frost is entitled to seek some transfer fee's for his assets, he paid out for Linus and Troy after all. Its time the vulture teams in the elite lge stopped feeding off other clubs assets, its time they bought some of their own. I must add that Swindon have acted in a professional manner, i applaud them for making an offer for Hans.

You can call some clubs vultures, but a team like Peterborough put themselves in a position where they have far more riders than they would be able to fit in a team. Expecting clubs to stump up for signing riders as assets left, right and centre when those clubs can barely afford to run anyway shows what thin ice the system is on.

You can call some clubs vultures, but a team like Peterborough put themselves in a position where they have far more riders than they would be able to fit in a team. Expecting clubs to stump up for signing riders as assets left, right and centre when those clubs can barely afford to run anyway shows what thin ice the system is on.

Whilst i accept your comments in general, i feel it is reasonable to want a fee for number one riders like Hans and Iverson, especially as the latter has stated he does not want to ride for the panthers.

Yeah, but the tune the piper should be playing is respect, and we haven't had a lot of that from the Panthers this off season.... To their riders or their fans...

Yes, I believe respect is the word used for seeking permission to talk to someone else's asset

• Like 2

Whilst i accept your comments in general, i feel it is reasonable to want a fee for number one riders like Hans and Iverson, especially as the latter has stated he does not want to ride for the panthers.

I agree with you re Iverson, it is reasonable. The problem is that you're then reliant on clubs to have the dough to cough up. Take Brum and the Barker situation, ignoring the possible shenanighans about who said what to who. If Brum have to buy him (especially the figure is anything like £20000) then I expect they won't, possibly because they can't.

Yes, I believe respect is the word used for seeking permission to talk to someone else's asset

That asset as far as I have seen has indicated that he does not wish to ride for P/B, so spite springs to mind,but as the system is seemingly run at the moment, all looks true to form.

I don’t think Lynn were right in what they initially done, but whilst a lot is being made out of the issue that Lynn spoke with NKI first, that isn’t a reason, why both teams, could not to sit round the table and negotiate a deal.

Respect, is something that is earned, and the Panther have done nothing, in this instance to warrant that respect. NKI has publicly stated that he has had no contact with Peterboro’ for over 2 months.

I am in no doubts we will eventually secure the services of NKI. It’s just a pity, it couldn’t have been done in a right an proper manner, instead of all this showboating and petty arguments, that’s done no-one any favours…

Edited by GRW123

I don’t think Lynn were right in what they initially done, but whilst a lot is being made out of the issue that Lynn spoke with NKI first, that isn’t a reason, why both teams, could not to sit round the table and negotiate a deal.

Respect, is something that is earned, and the Panther have done nothing, in this instance to warrant that respect. NKI has publicly stated that he has had no contact with Peterboro’ for over 2 months.

I am in no doubts we will eventually secure the services of NKI. It’s just a pity, it couldn’t have been done in a right an proper manner, instead of all this showboating and petty arguments, that’s done no-one any favours…

haven't seen any petty arguments from the panthers promo,what have they said ???

wasn't it andersen saying in the press he hadn't heard a thing ??? but panthers have now offered him terms

the difference between puk is he stated he won't ride for panthers (andersen never) so panthers MIGHT have left the decision up to the bspa/ scb the rulebook

• Like 1

Unfortunately, domestic speedway in Britain is struggling these days. The elite lge relies heavily on sky money and clubs on sponsors. Maybe its time for fixed term contracts to be used in the UK, possibly 2 years, after which the rider is free to negotiate with another club. This would free up transfer monies which would ease the financial burden.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, domestic speedway in Britain is struggling these days. The elite lge relies heavily on sky money and clubs on sponsors. Maybe its time for fixed term contracts to be used in the UK, possibly 2 years, after which the rider is free to negotiate with another club. This would free up transfer monies which would ease the financial burden.

At last, a Panthers supporter that speaks sense......

That works both ways, what respect did Lynn show Peterborough when they happily shelled out for Schlein but expected NKI to come out on loan for a song, for a third year.

It's not as though the Lynn promotion haven't profited from the asset system themselves, Batchelor and Ward both brought in transfer fees when they moved up.

NKI is fully aware that Peterborough bought him when he first rode for Peterborough, of course it doesn't stop riders from buying themselves out of the asset system if they feel that strongly about it.

• Like 1

I agree. It was very professional (and quick) to get Troy to delete his tweet that he'd done his EL deal!!! Well done to the Swindon promotion!! :wink:

• Like 2

As I said - what if all the pipers refuse to play?

In the words of Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence.

In the words of Kenneth Bjerre "Reach out and touch me!" ;)