British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

Well Lukas Dryml has re-signed for the eagles, thats another possibility gone.

Who or what is KKS ...

Good question!! Many have asked it and many, many more have asked, why!?!! ...and many, many, many more suss him/her every time! :D

Good question!! Many have asked it and many, many more have asked, why!?!! ...and many, many, many more suss him/her every time! :D

But who is it?

Peterborough ET

The story goes with Swindon making a 2nd offer for Hans, only to withdraw it before management had a chance to look at it............Strange.

Then asked if they could speak to KB. It was rebuffed straight away.

And it goes on, and on......

Will we ever get a team.

Isn't it double standards letting Dryml go on loan year after year. Also surprised they are not using Lawson,no other rider as good on his average in my opinion.

Peterborough ET

The story goes with Swindon making a 2nd offer for Hans, only to withdraw it before management had a chance to look at it............Strange.

Then asked if they could speak to KB. It was rebuffed straight away.

And it goes on, and on......

Will we ever get a team.

Simply explained - if they are going to have to buy Batchelor (BSPA ruling apparantly?!)they won't be able to afford to buy Hans, so 2nd offer quickly withdrawn!!

Wasn't Batchelor owned by Swindon and bought by Peterborough,if that was the case i suggest promoters shoud put a clause in the contract that the buying club can't sell him for more than they bought him for,which i think is why demba Ba went to Chelsea for about 7m.

......................and some bang on about it like they are obsessed!!!!

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 3

Isn't it double standards letting Dryml go on loan year after year. Also surprised they are not using Lawson,no other rider as good on his average in my opinion.

It is possible the loan fees for Lukas every year make more financial sense than selling him. P'boro have just announced all 7 team members this year will be full time elite lge riders. That rules out Kus. My money is on Dakota North at reserve.

Also surprised they are not using Lawson,no other rider as good on his average in my opinion.

Panthers weakness is away and Lawson is a passenger away from the EoES (where he can be very good it has to be said).

Jeez, are we discussing speedway :shock:

What the hell's going on :blink:

It is possible the loan fees for Lukas every year make more financial sense than selling him. P'boro have just announced all 7 team members this year will be full time elite lge riders. That rules out Kus. My money is on Dakota North at reserve.

No ........... Peterborough should have been FORCED to sell him on the third loan year irrespective of "his worth" .......you can't have "rules" that apply in only one direction..................... no, wait a minute............ apparently you CAN!!!!!

No ........... Peterborough should have been FORCED to sell him on the third loan year irrespective of "his worth" .......you can't have "rules" that apply in only one direction..................... no, wait a minute............ apparently you CAN!!!!!

Forced under what rule or regulation ? Eastbourne and P'boro are both happy with this, what has it got to do with any third party.

Well Lukas Dryml has re-signed for the eagles, thats another possibility gone.

There is no way Lukas would ever ride for the Panthers again - of that I'm sure

I cannot believe that they haven't signed him on a transfer.... Lukas "I love Eastbourne blah blah blah" every year!

Panthers not on a promise:

Peterborough Panthers team boss Jan Staechmann has refuted claims from rider Richard Lawson that he was ‘promised’ a place in the city team for 2013.

Lawson launched a scathing attack on Panthers yesterday, saying he felt ‘let down’ after the assurance of a team spot for the third successive season failed to materialise.

Staechmann is adamant that was not the case but did admit that the man who rides for Workington in the Premier League featured prominently in Peterborough’s plans.

That was until a recent change of direction with Panthers now intending to track a team made up of full-time Elite League riders.

Staechmann said: “We cannot and have not promised any rider a place in our team, but it is very true that Richard figured in our plans.

“I have stayed in touch with him throughout the winter and let him know that we couldn’t include him as soon as we settled on which direction to go in.

“I have been on the other side of the coin as a rider and know how he feels, but these things happen in speedway.

“When it became possible for us to go with a team made up entirely of full-time Elite League riders, we opted to take that route.

“We encountered many problems last season with injuries and availabilities in doubling-up positions and we didn’t want to be left vulnerable in that way again.

Lawson also claimed he turned down an offer from another Elite League club, thought to be Swindon, as he expected to return to Peterborough.

Edited by TesarRacing