British Speedway Forum

Anyone heard on the grape vine the date for Cardiff 2013, I know it's going to be announced tommorow night on sky but wanted to beat the big rush !!!

Well if it is won't let me book for the Marriott where we normally stay. Let the conspiracy theories begin

I just tried some hotels for the 1st of June and they are saying fully booked

Edited by lynnboy
  • Like 1

Elvis Costello in Cardiff on 1 June 2013, maybe thats the reason :lol:

I hear Mr Allens hoping to win the British Final and get the wild card ... oh yes "Olivers Army are on their way" :approve:

• Like 1

Elvis Costello in Cardiff on 1 June 2013, maybe thats the reason :lol:

On checking Cardiff Conventions 2013 Reason 1st June hotels throughout Cardiff booked is a Womens Institute conference with 4000 middle aged ladies packing the hotels so i am told...Have no idea when the date is though

I have checked the Hilton in Cardiff city centre (usually an indicator!! ;) probably block booked for riders/officials) and it UNAVAILABLE 1 June 2013.

This could be THE date as this is a return to the w/e of the first Gp there back in 2001.......think I'm going to book that date for Newport Hilton (flexi rate so it can be cancelled if this is wrong :lol: :lol: )...makes the weekend cheaper if I can get the b/b at reasonable prices early.

Cheaper ferry rates for me too if this date is correct :party: This years crossing nearly killed me!!!

If it is June 1st, then one has to question the wisdom of this date as that week is Whitsun week, bank holiday on Monday May 27th, schools off that week therefore people normally would be looking to be away for the week!

WHATEVER the date, and we will know later, remember that BSI don't have a completely free choice. Stadium availability is key, as it is in Copenhagen, along with other events taking place in Cardiff which affects hotel availability.

If it is June 1st, then one has to question the wisdom of this date as that week is Whitsun week, bank holiday on Monday May 27th, schools off that week therefore people normally would be looking to be away for the week!

All the more reason to incorporate the Gp at the end of hols...... :party: Roll on tonights announcement and we'll see

FIM Dansk Metal Danish Speedway Grand Prix 2013

Saturday 1 June 2013 278 days from now

this was posted on www.zapaday.com

Danish GP is 1st June

*edit* Beaten to it by above post

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1