British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Krzysztof Kasprzak Possible Testimonial?

A) Hope he applies for one and is turned down

B) If in the saddest of news he is granted one people vote with their feet. Or lack of them.

Don't know many people with a lack of feet but I suppose there must be a few.

In the last 10 year how many riders have had testimonials and actually deserved them? Just about none. Which is impressive as there must be 5 or 6 testimonials a season.

edit > Mathew Weathers, he actually did 10 years at Edinburgh.

Michal Makovsky.

Testimonials should be given after 10 years consecutively at a club..not 10 years spread over several clubs when the rider decides to turn up.

Don't know many people with a lack of feet but I suppose there must be a few.

Are you in a silly mood?! :P

Michal Makovsky.

Testimonials should be given after 10 years consecutively at a club..not 10 years spread over several clubs when the rider decides to turn up.

Have you ever heard of team building points limit? It's a sort of device that ensures that it's virtually impossible for a rider to stay at a club for more than 3 years, nevermind 10.

Anyway if the Pirates want to give KK a testimonial what's it got to do with anyone else. As i said before it's not mandatory to attend, if you want to then I'm sure you'll be welcome if not keep your money in your pocket.

One thing is for certain that there will be a bigger crowd at Wimborne Rd for a KK testi that at any other EL or PL meeting that week. :approve:

• Like 1

Have to say KK doesnt conduct himself too well in public but as you will see from this clip he was in the wrong place at the wrong time,take a look at this clip,i dont think it was kk;s fault and the young fans dad should have known better then to let off foul mouth words in front of the youngster,thats just not on whatever the reason..

Edited by speedy den boy

Have to say KK doesnt conduct himself too well in public,take a look at this clip,i dont think it was his fault but hes just not a fans person.

And the little guys dad really covers himself in glory in that clip doesn't he

• Like 1

Have you ever heard of team building points limit? It's a sort of device that ensures that it's virtually impossible for a rider to stay at a club for more than 3 years, nevermind 10.

Anyway if the Pirates want to give KK a testimonial what's it got to do with anyone else.

Actually it does, in that such meetings have to have the approval of the BSPA. I believe that they get agreed at the Annual Conference.

Not sure of many that have been refused over the years though...

If anyone deserves a benefit at Poole it should be Middlo, especially given the circumstances surrounding his original testimonial in the early 80's.

• Like 1

Anyway if the Pirates want to give KK a testimonial what's it got to do with anyone else. As i said before it's not mandatory to attend, if you want to then I'm sure you'll be welcome if not keep your money in your pocket.

One thing is for certain that there will be a bigger crowd at Wimborne Rd for a KK testi that at any other EL or PL meeting that week. :approve:

And thus making it extremely difficult for a rider to get a testimonial, exactly the way it should be, not given out willy nilly.

The only Polish rider, in my opinion, who has deserved a testimonial for services to British Speedway was Adam Skornicki. Never the most talented rider, but someone who showed commitment to whichever British club he was contracted to. Unfortunately, the same cannot be applied to Krzysztof Kasprzak. Testimonial meetings should not simply be awarded to those who have happened to intermittently appeared in British racing over a ten year period.

• Like 3

Think chris harris is most deserving after all his years in british speedway, gps, world cups, british finals. Next year will (hopefully) be his 9th year with same club. Hes always willing to guest at short notice for other teams.

Coventry fans would give him testimonial for his 2010 play off efforts alone.

When you say 9 years with same club - I assume you mean 'owned'. As he did have a year out and went to belle Vue!!!

Still think he will be deserving of a testimonial though.

And whilst I think a rider should be rewarded for loyal service, what about those who had no choice!?

Rory is due a testimonial this year / next year but has moved around a little.

Edinburgh to Coventry was obviously a move into the Elite, but it certainly wasn't his choice to move away from Coventry when Hans Anderson was brought in. Surely loyalty to the British League should be recognised as well.

• Like 1

Loyalty to the British League should certainly be recognised. There are very few riders who manage to stay with the same club, with the numbers game their destiny isn't in their own hands. I certainly don't feel Kasprzak should be getting a testimonial, has he actually done 10 full seasons in the EL?

• Like 1

When you say 9 years with same club - I assume you mean 'owned'. As he did have a year out and went to belle Vue!!!

Still think he will be deserving of a testimonial though.

And whilst I think a rider should be rewarded for loyal service, what about those who had no choice!?

Rory is due a testimonial this year / next year but has moved around a little.

Edinburgh to Coventry was obviously a move into the Elite, but it certainly wasn't his choice to move away from Coventry when Hans Anderson was brought in. Surely loyalty to the British League should be recognised as well.

I don't think anyone can have an issue with a rider was dropped mid-season. Rorys spells at Ipswich and Peterborough shouldn't really matter. Then as I said earlier, I think a season away for good reason should be accepted (Coventry were not running at the time), and then the club he rode for that season bought him. So Rory is acceptable

Loyalty to the British League should certainly be recognised. There are very few riders who manage to stay with the same club, with the numbers game their destiny isn't in their own hands. I certainly don't feel Kasprzak should be getting a testimonial, has he actually done 10 full seasons in the EL?

TBF, this is the only time in 10 years he's not done a full season other than being dropped by Swindon early in his career and Lakeside in 2010.

Have to say KK doesnt conduct himself too well in public,take a look at this clip,i dont think it was his fault but hes just not a fans person.

I am glad that clip of the so-called "fan" has been put on there to identify the idiot concerned. That bloke and his foul mouth has been an embarrassment to the club for some time. Unfortunately every club has a one or two like that and Lakeside is no different. At least he has now been publicly shown up.

KK is not everybody's cup of tea but there is a time and a place to get riders autographs. Loads of people get riders autographs/photographs before the meeting when they are walking down from the changing rooms to the pits and I have never known any rider refuse, including Kaspa. After the meeting when the riders can still be a bit pumped up is not always the best time to ask. I am far from being KK's biggest fan but on this occasion it seems he was confronted by a big-mouth that a lot of people have been complaining about for some time. As another poster has said, what a great role model for the child he has with him.

Edited by Custer Mouse
  • Like 2

I am glad that clip of the so-called "fan" has been put on there to identify the idiot concerned. That bloke and his foul mouth has been an embarrassment to the club for some time. Unfortunately every club has a one or two like that and Lakeside is no different. At least he has now been publicly shown up.

KK is not everybody's cup of tea but there is a time and a place to get riders autographs. Loads of people get riders autographs/photographs before the meeting when they are walking down from the changing rooms to the pits and I have never known any rider refuse, including Kaspa. After the meeting when the riders can still be a bit pumped up is not always the best time to ask. I am far from being KK's biggest fan but on this occasion it seems he was confronted by a big-mouth that a lot of people have been complaining about for some time. As another poster has said, what a great role model for the child he has with him.

A very good post CM. I was stood there with my mate (briefly in the last shot with the hat on) KK was stood for some time signing autographs and having photos taken.

In fact he was the last rider in the pits apart from Davy Watt. KK was going to sign his autograph and he thought the boy said no so he stood up and walked away past me. The pratt concerned then let out a stream of abuse efing and going calling him arrogant. All this in front of the little boy. KK was quite taken aback and visibly upset about the incident.

I was going to say something to the "gentleman" concered but thought better of it.

I met KK on a plane back from Poland and he was fine. Also had a chat with Chris Harris and all he did was slag Scott Nicholls off!

• Like 1