British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

I would suggest Screamer the meeting has been put together, in shall we say an inexpensive way. No Top names, even from the Premier League. I would respectfully suggest if it wasnt for the fact it was to remember Ash, would many even bother with it.

I would suggest Screamer the meeting has been put together, in shall we say an inexpensive way. No Top names, even from the Premier League. I would respectfully suggest if it wasnt for the fact it was to remember Ash, would many even bother with it.

I'm sure they had last years meeting on their mind when they put together a good line-up (and a great meeting it was too) but that was poorly attended which suprised me and many others but it wouldn't have hurt anyone hust to have included Doolan in this one.

This line-up will only put off even more but I'm not missing it for the World

Edited by screamer

A team I think we could afford:

1. N.K. Iversen 8.79

2. M. Szczepaniak 5.19

3. R. Fisher 6.02 (what average would he come in on, if PL -% he would be around 5.5?)

4. O. Allen 5.77

5. R. Schlein 7.23

6. K. Wolbert 5.03

7. L. Eklof 3.00

Total 41.03

A team I think would be strong at home in my eyes. Hopefully somethings would change so the team would fit, if the Fish's average dropped you could bring Nermark back in place of Matuesz but with O.Allen, R. Fisher and D. Nermark in the same team it wouldn't be too long until someone is seriously injured! I think I would rather give the Pole another go to be honest Daniel just is too crazy, I would have liked to see Kozza back in a D/UP to be honest but you can only do what the numbers let you.

That team probably won't be a million miles away... Lasse sharing with Wolbert, and Worrall sharing with Eklof would be the ideal additions.

That team probably won't be a million miles away... Lasse sharing with Wolbert, and Worrall sharing with Eklof would be the ideal additions.

Really? That looks a poor side to me. Definitely inconsistent. Relying too much on olly allen and saucepan having a good second season. Will iversen ever better this season? Can't see it.

• Like 1

Really? That looks a poor side to me. Definitely inconsistent. Relying too much on olly allen and saucepan having a good second season. Will iversen ever better this season? Can't see it.

I agree, it don't look any better then this year. Olly Allen and Szczepaniak are gate merchants, who struggle to make up places once behind. Apart from Roo Boy, this side is not as good as last year.

Didn't say it was a good side, just said it won't be a million miles away...

• Like 1

Of course that side looks weaker than this year's, that's what the points limit does. It's easy to say 'that team looks poor' but until all the others have been assembled nobody really has a clue. And even when when they have many still don't.....remember the world and his wife predicting we would finish bottom in 2011?

I'd be fairly satisfied with that team to be honest with the addition of a couple of good double up options. We aren't gonna win the league in the foreseeable future so a team which gives 100% each week and wins most of their home matches will do me fine.

Edited by Bagpuss

I'd be fairly satisfied with that team to be honest with the addition of a couple of good double up options. We aren't gonna win the league in the foreseeable future so a team which gives 100% each week and wins most of their home matches will do me fine.

Not ever wanting to give up hope of ever winning the League , but I too would be satisfied with that.

I agree with one of you guys in relation to assembling a lynn side with a powerful top 3. I accept that the norfolk arena is a fair track and that away teams enjoy riding there. therefore there is always the possibility of dropping points at home. I have a feeling the stars will be a real threat next season. My hunch is fuelled in the knowledge that there does appear to be a lot of top riders that would like to ride at lynn.

• Like 1

I agree with one of you guys in relation to assembling a lynn side with a powerful top 3. I accept that the norfolk arena is a fair track and that away teams enjoy riding there. therefore there is always the possibility of dropping points at home. I have a feeling the stars will be a real threat next season. My hunch is fuelled in the knowledge that there does appear to be a lot of top riders that would like to ride at lynn.

There's always been a host of riders wanting a year at Lynn but we just won't (rightly so) pay some of the ridiculous wages.

• Like 1

Well yes, that's obviously a problem. I bet janowski and iversen weren't cheap this year though. For what its worth, here's my lynn side. 1. Iversen. 2. Korneliussen. 3. Janowski. 4. Allen. 5. Batchelor. 6. Howe. 7. Hansen.

Well yes, that's obviously a problem. I bet janowski and iversen weren't cheap this year though. For what its worth, here's my lynn side. 1. Iversen. 2. Korneliussen. 3. Janowski. 4. Allen. 5. Batchelor. 6. Howe. 7. Hansen.

That team is closer to 50 than 41!

• Like 1

Fair enough disagree with my team I have no problem with that - I used some Stars assets and riders the promotion like and who will probably not be in demand as much as some of the others so we have a chance to sign them, but at least be realistic when you post your own team, your team came to 47.37 (I take it you mean Kenneth Hansen? as I used his 2009 average from Peterborough).

I agree, it don't look any better then this year. Olly Allen and Szczepaniak are gate merchants, who struggle to make up places once behind. Apart from Roo Boy, this side is not as good as last year.

Okie dokie - I just went with a team I think we could afford and riders we could get hold of. Don't forget we had a racer in Mads, yet he didn't exactly light up the track with overtaking this season, like last year did he? in fact he was poor at home this season, yes I would prefer to see someone like Harris at Lynn with fantastic overtaking and yes riders like it at Lynn but because we won't pay as much as others it just isn't going to happen with a top end team. I think this season we have missed someone like Olly in the middle order who can gate and go and who will generally get you around 7-8pts or so at home, we have had the very inconsistent three of Magic, Mads and Dan and we just didn't have a clue what they were going to score. Considering Buster has already said Szczepaniak is an asset (rare for Lynn) and they have a view to use him in the future, hence I added him in the team. Yes I could go with a fantasy team with Harris, Woffinden and Niels as our 3 heat leaders and try and fit some lower riders in but I'm just trying to stay realistic. In my eyes if you want a decent 2nd heat leader like Schlein, Harris or Nicholls then sadly Mads has to go.

• Like 1

Can we fit Crumpy in now that he has retired from SGP?

If we want a quarter of the teams average used, and half the teams wages, then yeah go ahead!