British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

its effectively the same system as last year, with just one double upper named. we could name olly allen, and everytime hes not avaiable have david howe guest for us.

I doubt neither Howe or Allen will want to settle for a 'pure' DU role - won't give them enough action as fixtures. Both would want a full 1-7 team place I reckon.

It is reported that Allen is wanted at Rhy House, not sure if he has signed yet but it would probably do him good, so he may d/u.

It is reported that Allen is wanted at Rhy House, not sure if he has signed yet but it would probably do him good, so he may d/u.

He has signed for Rye House.

It's been report that Olly has signed for Rye ..............

As i said thats crazy! Once again the BSPA have shot themselves in the foot.

Teams that go for double-uppers could be seriously weakened if one (or more ) of those riders have PL commitments, so it discourages teams from doing it (Eastbourne already stated they wont), so how will that help developing riders get EL experience? Crazy.

It'll only help develping riders if EL promoters sign them (of course), obviously EL promoters want the chance to or they wouldn't have brought in the rule?? The EL promoters will go through their potential rider's fixtures and in the case of injury they have the chance of bringing in anyone else in the PL up to their average (of course).

There must be a desire to use double uppers by EL clubs as they have voted to increase the number of spots per team from two to three. Personally I think it makes sense to just name one rider and use guests, it will eliminate the need for R/R covering for a double up spot and get rid of the chopping and changing of the understudy like we have seen in the last couple of years, not least by my team. It may also lead to more PL riders getting EL experience with an extra double up slot and guest bookings. One final point, Brum and Plymouth showed last year with Barker that with a bit of planning and co-operation fixtures can be arranged so that double up riders have very few clashes in the first place.

the stars mangerment have been very quite since end of the agm wonder when we will hear any team news anybody else heard anything

As with other years at this time don't panic - has the Chapmans ever let us down ?

As with other years at this time don't panic - has the Chapmans ever let us down ?

I have no qualms as far as the Chapmans are concerned. It’s the state of the sport that really deflates my thoughts. It doesn’t seem important what riders are racing any more. The league, The BSPA, the whole thing, is a shambles. My enthusiasm has just about given out, to the point of,

What’s the point???

Have 2 words for you, Haza.

Ricky.

Wallace.

• Like 1

Have 2 words for you, Haza.

Ricky.

Wallace.

ok yes you got me there lol - we will have a very good team on par with 2011 just don't panic

Can't see anyone panicking.....I'm confident that lessons were learned from last year and we'll be pleased when names are announced.

For me Puk Wolbert and Szczpaniak are a must the other 4 must fit in around them

• Like 2