British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

I'm a first bender :D lots of sensible folk round there ;)

Not sure I'd agree with that... Trees also frequents the first bend ;)

It seems you say something that some Panthers fans don't like and you get compared to KKS - happened to me too :rolleyes:

We are all entitled to our opinions and I don't see why anyone has to revert to comparisons with the site's troll! I can see both points of view but choose not to attack the poster - just the post!

Worth having a look at the post which caused the comparison though:

Overheard from the school playground and repeated on the BSF - "My club's richer than yours and we'll make you wait! Why? Because we can!" :rolleyes:

Don't think it was unreasonable reponse to compare it to a KKS post unless I missed the joke or point of your post? You are entitled to your opinion but it's like a broken record. There are only so many times that you can attack the post. Which Panthers point of view do you see because that appears to have passed us by?

If the first bend at Saddlebow Road is anything like at Blunsdon Bagpuss you must have your thermals on most of the summer!!

If the first bend at Saddlebow Road is anything like at Blunsdon Bagpuss you must have your thermals on most of the summer!!

Having spent a few seasons at both tracks i can confirm that the norfolk arena is almost, but not quite as cold as the abbey!

Having spent a few seasons at both tracks i can confirm that the norfolk arena is almost, but not quite as cold as the abbey!

I reckon Blunsdon being a couple of degrees colder than anywhere else in Wiltshire at any one time! I do recall the NA being bitterly cold in April many years ago castrolargh.

Being honest I will admit to being bloody freezing at some time at most speedway tracks over the years including Peterborough.

Easy access too but gets bit tight if you haven't arrived within the hour

Being honest I will admit to being bloody freezing at some time at most speedway tracks over the years including Peterborough.

Somerset can be brass monkeys up on the back straight banking...from memory though, Wimbledon was pretty snug!

Not sure I'd agree with that... Trees also frequents the first bend ;)

Cheeky cow ;)

Its nice just being oblivous to the nonesense and its what the ignore button is all about. :t: ....................................! :rofl:

I'll let you fill in your own personal details but do take care with the spelling :wink: All-round pure comedy gold......Thanks!

:lol:hypocrisy.jpg

Edited by internetman

I lived in North Wootton, just north of the Red cat Pub for a while, and in the winter when there was a north wind we were first in line for weather from the arctic. The track next to the sugar beet plant was not a lot warmer at times.

At Swindon it is bad when the wind gets up, because of being on top of a hill and no protection from any surrounding buildings.

If we are talking about any track, Buxton takes some beating, it can be freezing up there, but you have the sheep to keep you warm. :wink:

I cant understand why everyone assumes 'skullduggery' has taken place with regard to Niels, Hans,Troy.

Surely its equally as likely that the riders themselves have asked or told the respective promoters (Lynn/Swindon) that they'd be happy to return, so why does everyone assume its the promoters that have 'offered a deal without permission' ? All the promoters could be guilty of is saying 'yes we'd happily have you back if possible'.

Just a thought.

might be the case but its fairly obvious (going by the tweet Batch quickly removed) that financial deals have been struck between rider and club before being granted permission to speak to the rider from their parent club

might be the case but its fairly obvious (going by the tweet Batch quickly removed) that financial deals have been struck between rider and club before being granted permission to speak to the rider from their parent club

It happens everywhere though, no it's not right but it happens in all sports. Also in everyday life, before handing notice in at a job everyone has got another/better option lined up. It's the way things work, Phone calls etc turning peoples heads at a better deal, and I can't understand why it's all caused such unrest now.] especially as it's obvious that P'boro never wanted to inculde NKI anyway.