British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Surely leave the team how it is for a fair while, if we start to struggle then bring Mads back for whoever, if Mads doesn't get fit for a while then it'll be someone else in.

After all if this is the team for a couple of months, i'm sure we'd have had about 4 or 5 more injuries by then!

Never mind a third heat leader, we need a second heat leader!!

Perhaps that's a little harsh on Rooboy but he's not reached the levels we and he I'm sure too, expected this season. I'm sure he'll improve though and will be crucial to our play-off push.

We're not the same team without Mads. If he's out for longer than expected, then a swift move for a 7pt man would be very smart IMO. I would love it if we signed a rider of the calibre of MJJ but let's not bankrupt Buster : )

I'm sure rory will come good and lead us into the playoffs! But we definitely need Mads back by then if we want to get into the final.On another note Lebedev looks he will be fun to watch,as for Porsing he is unknown quantity to me but being Danish I'm sure he will be quality!

• Like 1

We could still see them next season anyway as I jist don't see the EL surviving in it's current format.

The novelty of the EL has worn off with me to be honest.

In the current format the Premier League is the place to be

My fear is that we return to the days of 60-30 home wins which were the norm in the PL - with very few PL away riders prepared to attack the NA track. By the interval it was already 3 points in the bag. Me and my boy took to going to away meetings to see competitive racing, and in the last PL season we were off watching the Panthers - and realised what good standard racing was.

I know we have been spoiled with the last few years in the PL with the strong teams Buster / Rob have put out - but if there is one bg league - and we are half-way up it - will the PL be that appealing - especially if the top riders give it a miss.

My other fear is that Buster seemed to regain his passion when we were back in the EL - I think our club would not be the same without the energy the Chapmans put behind it. Stadium, track, manager, team - all top quality at the moment - you don't know what you've got until its gone as the song goes.

• Like 2

My fear is that we return to the days of 60-30 home wins which were the norm in the PL - with very few PL away riders prepared to attack the NA track. By the interval it was already 3 points in the bag. Me and my boy took to going to away meetings to see competitive racing, and in the last PL season we were off watching the Panthers - and realised what good standard racing was.

I know we have been spoiled with the last few years in the PL with the strong teams Buster / Rob have put out - but if there is one bg league - and we are half-way up it - will the PL be that appealing - especially if the top riders give it a miss.

My other fear is that Buster seemed to regain his passion when we were back in the EL - I think our club would not be the same without the energy the Chapmans put behind it. Stadium, track, manager, team - all top quality at the moment - you don't know what you've got until its gone as the song goes.

totally agree in fact we did the same thing on the weeks Pboro had a meeting we didnt go to Kings Lynn that week and went to the showground instead was bored stiff with seeing big home wins ,

As far as dropping back into the PL is concerned that doesn't interest me at at all big home wins been there seen it done it - Ithe one thing about the last 3 seasons in the EL as we have left home for the NA is the thought shall we win this week rather than shall we hit 60 pont mark I'd sooner lose than see big home wins week in week out .

I think we'll be operating at the highest level next year, just a case of whether thats an EL as we know it, a much weaker one or one big league.

Just can't see it being the first option.....things surely have to change. I think people in general are getting fed up with guests, R/R and infrequent fixtures.

• Like 1

I think we'll be operating at the highest level next year, just a case of whether thats an EL as we know it, a much weaker one or one big league.

Just can't see it being the first option.....things surely have to change. I think people in general are getting fed up with guests, R/R and infrequent fixtures.

the main problem as I see it is England is at the bottom of the list of riders priority GP Polish league Swedish league Danish league then there is the Gp qualifiers World U 21and then comes British EL it won't matter if its one big league or we stay the same with EL and PL we will still be at the bottom of the ladder .

Yes things need to change but the fact we are at the bottom won't what ever happens in the winter .

• Like 1

I think we'll be operating at the highest level next year, just a case of whether thats an EL as we know it, a much weaker one or one big league. Just can't see it being the first option.....things surely have to change. I think people in general are getting fed up with guests, R/R and infrequent fixtures.

I'm one of the people currently getting a bit fed up with guests and R/R and infrequent fixtures! Then again, I am now filling the gaps with other fixtures, like going to watch our NL team plus I go to see meetings at Peterborough as a neutral from time to time and go to PL tracks like Leicester and Ipswich if I can. Then again, I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to do that, but many others probably can't. I wouldn't say I'm unhappy with the EL, but I did prefer the amount of fixtures that the PL seemed to give us.

Absolutely Haza, and its high time we tailored our product to that rather than the EL trying to be something its not. Clubs simply need to stop haemoraging money.

Edited by Bagpuss

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase take us back to the Premier League Buster. The shenanigans of Poole & now Swindon have joined the party.

Elite League is killing me!!!!!!

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase take us back to the Premier League Buster. The shenanigans of Poole & now Swindon have joined the party.

How have Swindon joined the party? Do you really think we want to be missing our number 1? Not as if we will get much to replace him either - probably Nicholls or Bomber - so don't tar us with the same brush as Poole thanks :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

whatever are you on ??
  • Like 1

Sure.. Says the club who have been sacking riders for fun.

How have Swindon joined the party?  Do you really think we want to be missing our number 1?  Not as if we will get much to replace him either - probably Nicholls or Bomber - so don't tar us with the same brush as Poole thanks

The very rubbishe Gomolski is now missing the home and away meetings through "injury" & replaced by the inform Gathercole. Need I go on!!!

The very rubbishe Gomolski is now missing the home and away meetings through "injury" & replaced by the inform Gathercole. Need I go on!!!

You're having a giraffe! Do you know what you're saying - it's Cory Gathercole for Gawd sake! You really think he strengthens us?? :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0