British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

They'd love a few thousand like you!

What's that supposed to mean? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way by the way. I'm just not sure what angle you're coming from.

Edited by em1500uk

seem nki has said Lynn or nothink in England top man

So it seems Bjerre is 5th choice!!

Thats great motivation for your likely No1.

Go on Kenny say no as well !!

• Like 1

So it seems Bjerre is 5th choice!!

Thats great motivation for your likely No1.

Go on Kenny say no as well !!

whys bjerre 5th choice as no1 ??? who says panthers haven't offered him a contract

stick to the facts

Upon reading the article and digesting what's been said, I am half inclined to believe what Peterborough are saying. Of course in these situations you have to be careful as libel or slander laws are in place, so there may well be some truth in that report, else why have they said what they've said so publicly? I know they could just be doing it to stoke the fire that's already raging, but I'm not so sure about that myself.

The Rory Schlein situation comment from them in itself is interesting...especially if true! Fair valuations are also mentioned, but what do Peterborough consider a fair valuation? The figure they're thinking of may well be considered 'silly money' to Swindon and Lynn. You never know, and they're not about to publicly state what figure they're after as that's not really how you go about those things.

Basically, I'm still not sure what to believe and who is telling the truth. The only people that really know what's going on are Iversen/Andersen/Batchelor and the promotions of Lynn and Swindon themselves. All I want is for the matter to be resolved, but in the right way.

• Like 1

Kings Lynn have been accused by some of choosing to purchase Schlien instead of Iversen.

The facts appear a little different now. Kings Lynn were found guilty of illegally approaching Schlien. In order to be allowed to track him in 2013 they were required by the BSPA to purchase him. In contrast the BSPA agreed that Iversen could be signed on loan. So apart from the initial illegal approach to Schlien (for which I assume Kings Lynn have been fined) everything now makes sense in terms of the following moves.

Peterborough are now objecting to BSPA's decision to allow Inversen to join Kings Lynn on loan hence the current impasse. However, it is interesting the despite what is being discussed, currently the BSPA agree with Kings Lynn on the make-up of the 1-7 and also the loan/purchase of each relevant rider.

Thank you 500cc for that nice little summing up for the older generation (that's me) who can't keep track of what's going on. :D

Kings Lynn have been accused by some of choosing to purchase Schlien instead of Iversen.

The facts appear a little different now. Kings Lynn were found guilty of illegally approaching Schlien. In order to be allowed to track him in 2013 they were required by the BSPA to purchase him. In contrast the BSPA agreed that Iversen could be signed on loan. So apart from the initial illegal approach to Schlien (for which I assume Kings Lynn have been fined) everything now makes sense in terms of the following moves.

Peterborough are now objecting to BSPA's decision to allow Inversen to join Kings Lynn on loan hence the current impasse. However, it is interesting the despite what is being discussed, currently the BSPA agree with Kings Lynn on the make-up of the 1-7 and also the loan/purchase of each relevant rider.

So it must be the BSPA have no proof of an 'illegal approach' by Lynn for NKI.

As i said before if the rider himself has told Lynn he wants to ride for them in 2013 and they respond with 'yes we'd be happy to have you and this is the deal we'd give you if you did' that can hardly be construed as an 'illegal approach'! If this is what has happened surely that should be the end of it.

P'boro have only themselves to blame IMO for the whole situation anyway by keeping their assets in the dark for so long. Even odds-on favorite Bjerre doesnt know yet!!

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 4

What facts are these? A story in the local paper from Peterborough is from one side - I'll wait for the claims to be corroborated or disputed by the other parties! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Why didn't Peterborough cause this much fuss last year when we loaned Iversen and were successful? My belief is they're wanting to sell as many assets as possible as they will not be able to survive in 2013 on attendance figures. I wonder how Kenny B feels with the knowledge he's competing for a place in the eyes of the promotion with a rider who has stated he isn't interested in riding for Peterborough in 2013 (Andersen).

Plus, Peterborough are complaining about certain promotions accusing them off certain ambitions. On what basis is saying that Schlein was illegally approached by King's Lynn, not an accusation? All as bad as eachother, no wonder British speedway is such a state.

My belief is they're wanting to sell as many assets as possible as they will not be able to survive in 2013 on attendance figures. I wonder how Kenny B feels with the knowledge he's competing for a place in the eyes of the promotion with a rider who has stated he isn't interested in riding for Peterborough in 2013 (Andersen).

have you thought they might be selling there assets because the rules never allow to use them all at once,

tell me a club what can survive on attendance figures bar poole in the elite, they've made no secret they never earned big money last season

who's to say bjerres not been offered a contract ???

• Like 1

have you thought they might be selling there assets because the rules never allow to use them all at once,

tell me a club what can survive on attendance figures bar poole in the elite, they've made no secret they never earned big money last season

who's to say bjerres not been offered a contract ???

They haven't been able to use them all in previous years and were fine with loaning them to other clubs, so why now the sudden want to sell them all? Never said he hasn't been offered a contract, just been reported in the press Andersen has too and has rejected them twice because he has no intention of riding for them.

Edited by tastethepoison

They haven't been able to use them all in previous years and were fine with loaning them to other clubs, so why now the sudden want to sell them all? Never said he hasn't been offered a contract, just been reported in the press Andersen has too and has rejected them twice because he has no intention of riding for them.

difference is they weren't (alledgedly) tapped up

The article is about the Iversen/Lynn and Andersen+Batchelor/Swindon saga with Peterborough. Kenneth Bjerre not being mentioned means nothing for me. He's not involved in all this. As has been said, he may well have been offered a contract by Peterborough. Why wouldn't he have been offered one? OK, he had that nasty leg injury at the end of last season, but seeing as he's close friends with Frost, one would think he would've been offered a place anyway?