British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Got to agree with these comments. I think some supporters need a reality check as to the financial position some of these speedway promotions are in and therefore how they are forced deal with situations. It is not a nice situation to be in.

We have Peterborough in dispute with KL and also Swindon. Coventry in dispute with Birmingham. I don't believe for one minute that these promotions/people want to be in a dispute with each other but it is a result of the situations they find themselves in. I really hope all the parties can come to an amicable agreement and we get on with the racing in March. Really don't want to lose NKI, Troy, Hans & BB to the EL.

• Like 2

People needed worry about Buster. People prehaps would also do well to remember he has sold the likes of Troy, Darcy and Kev Doolan over the past few years. That must equal a good few 000 in anyones book.

Edited by semion

Got to agree with these comments. I think some supporters need a reality check as to the financial position some of these speedway promotions are in and therefore how they are forced deal with situations. It is not a nice situation to be in.

Surely the promotion at Peterboro as business people need to 'get real' in these tough financicial times before throwing a transfer or nothing ultimatum though?As i've said surely a solution can be worked out to the satisfaction of everyone instead of pissing everyone off which seems to be the situation at present?As ive suggested a loan fee and realistic instalments?Right now they're looking at a big fat zero return on their investment,which seems pretty dense..even to a non-business person like myself ;) I really hope after all this guff is hopefully sorted,the whole assets system is looked at in detail and soon.. before our sport turns in to an even bigger running joke than it is at present.. :neutral:

• Like 1

Surely the promotion at Peterboro as business people need to 'get real' in these tough financicial times before throwing a transfer or nothing ultimatum though?As i've said surely a solution can be worked out to the satisfaction of everyone instead of pissing everyone off which seems to be the situation at present?As ive suggested a loan fee and realistic instalments?Right now they're looking at a big fat zero return on their investment,which seems pretty dense..even to a non-business person like myself ;) I really hope after all this guff is hopefully sorted,the whole assets system is looked at in detail and soon.. before our sport turns in to an even bigger running joke than it is at present.. :neutral:

Agree but you can't have a situation where assets become worthless overnight just because a particular system is not working. If I told my bank manager that the assets valued in my last audited accounts were worth £100K and now were worthless I doubt I would be getting support from him and he would be advising me to close the business. The bigger picture needs to be looked at hear otherwise...............

And on the subject of the sport being a joke, I would rather outsiders think that and the sport can continue on a sustainable financial basis if the alternative is the sport becomes dead in this country. I just couldn't bear to think of that happening to speedway in this country.

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 1

Agree but you can't have a situation where assets become worthless overnight just because a particular system is not working. If I told my bank manager that the assets valued in my last audited accounts were worth £100K and now were worthless I doubt I would be getting support from him and he would be advising me to close the business. The bigger picture needs to be looked at hear otherwise...............

and would you include your employees as fixed assets in your accounts ? I think not. I cant see NatWest being to excited by that, if you did.

and would you include your employees as fixed assets in your accounts ? I think not. I cant see NatWest being to excited by that, if you did.

I very much doubt a rider is included as a club's asset in any financial valuation other than when a promoter sells up. That doesn't mean though that Mr Frost, and any other promoter willing in the past to buy rather than borrow a rider he wanted to use should lose out because of it. The sport has a transfer system in place and promotions using it should not lose out because of a few who no longer wish to play ball for their own particular reasons.

Strange though that the two currently complaining about Peterborough's stance have utilised the current system recently to acquire an asset or two.

• Like 1

I think screamer has it right on another thread, if the asset system is to fall then the clubs who have spent money need recompensing through higher loan fees or whatever. It will have to be a gradual process rather than bang, everyone is suddenly a free agent.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you would when you own a saleable asset, pretty sure all the players would be on a football clubs balance sheet.

I'm pretty sure you would when you own a saleable asset, pretty sure all the players would be on a football clubs balance sheet.

You certainly would if you sold the business - unless they were retained and sold as 'optional extras'. Edited by Leicester Hunter

so, it looks as though most EL clubs admission prices are going to be £17 per adult. We all OK with that?????

I've always said £20 is my limit. Once the EL reaches that point that's me done.

so, it looks as though most EL clubs admission prices are going to be £17 per adult. We all OK with that?????

I've always said £20 is my limit. Once the EL reaches that point that's me done.

Will be interesting to see if the £10 specials will be required next year