British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hewitt

Seasons Best And Worst

Worst rider iv seen at Berwick was Justin Sedgeman, although Sitera should have been scoring far more than he has done.

Best rider this year, Im a little biased but Ricky Ashworth has been sensational for Berwick all season until his injury.

I can only comment across the entire spectrum (EL, PL & NL) but:

Best Track: Scunthorpe, Workington & Plymouth. Honourable mentions Sheffield and Rye House :o Worst track: Stoke's for the NL fours. Never seen anything like it (Belle Vue ? Says everything that I haven't been there this season).

Best overall experience(track, stadium presentation): Dudley - at £10 the cheapest, too. Honorable mention: Workington.

Most impressive riders: Jason Doyle, Rohan Tungate, Niels Kristian Iversen, Stefan Nielsen, Josh Bates, Tom Perry, Richie Worrall, Ben Reade, Nicolae Covatti.

Best presenter : Kevin Long (Mildenhall) Ian Jones (Dudley), Bryn Williams (Isle of Wight). Honourable mention: Rob Godfrey (Scunthorpe). Worst presenter : that bloke at Sheffield who can't tell the difference between Gary Irving and Tom Young.

Best food : Mrs Tsunami's meals at Newcastle :t: Never touch the stuff at tracks but I am told that the burgers at Berwick (straight from Anderson's Butchers) are fantastic.

Best fans : No question, Plymouth. Worst fans : Coventry.

Most amazing meeting: Sheffield v Glasgow at Owlerton (also worst team management decision that night).

Most underrated track : Lakeside. Most overrated track : Somerset.

Best smack in the chops look : Squall & Spinny junior when I won the raffle for the second time at Sheffield :D

Edited by Halifaxtiger

ben barker best rider,mike bowden worst promoter

Yesterday he wasnt,looked average i thought

Yesterday he wasnt,looked average i thought

Until he went round Josh Auty on the last bend, that was. That was anything but average.

watch this

I was lucky to witness that first hand and still can't believe he made up do much ground.

Another Sheffield master stroke - Ashworth, Auty, Wilson, Birks , Compton - the list grows

Here we go.

Best visiting team; Workington/ Berwick/ Edinburgh

Most unluckiest team; Somerset

Sheffield Rider of the year; Joe Haines.

Most baffling Sheffield rider; Ricky Wells Premier League form v Ricky Wells Elite League.

Best meeting; Sheffield v Leicester

Best visiting fans; Leicester very vocal.

Worst visiting fans; Leicester far to gobby

Best after meeting meal; The Parmo.

Most baffling incident at a speedway meeting; Squall trying to kick me in the nuts at Redcar.

Funniest moment; Squall falling in love with his Parmo and wanting to be the South Yorkshire/ Derbyshire ambassador for the Parmo.

Most baffling Team Management decision; Sheffield v Glasgow.

Unluckiest visiting fan; Paulco who came down to Sheffield to see his team get humped, but missed his teams victory.

Visiting fans that sulked the most; Bandits4va at the first Berwick meeting

Biggest smile by a visiting fan; Bandits4eva at the second Berwick meeting.

Best texters; Squall and Spin Junior the Batman and Robin of the Updaters

Best Updater; Youngy

Worst Guest rider; Justin Sedgmen

Best Guest rider; Christian Henry.

Luckiest visiting fan; Halifax Tiger (Don't do the raffle at Sheffield when he is there)

Best visiting rider; Lasse Bjerre, Adam Roynon and Craig Cook.

Funniest away moment; Drac sulking at Redcar when took a point off them.at their place.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 1

Unluckiest visiting fan; Paulco who came down to Sheffield to see his team get humped, but missed his teams victory.

Yes , glossing over that unfortunate fact . Is it not about time you were starting a thread for the BEST social occasion of the season Spinny ?

But is your Stadium Still There, Malletts isnt its Flattend

By what ive read bowden will be flattened before the sba.

A low point was seeing Luke Bowen go through the fence... It was horrific.

Workington Promotion. Never been in touch with Adam Roynon to ask how he is!!! Shamefull

Absolutely disgusting :mad: What is it with Denham and riders , they ride their backside off for the team but he always manages to have a fall-out with them, last season James Wright,Peter Kildemand this season Rusty,Gary and now Adam the guy needs to learn some people skills get off his high horse, the lad won the Pairs the other week in the Comets colours and thats the thanks you get, another rider bites the dust at worky and probably won't be back !!!!

For me :

Best Rider : Roynon and Richie Worrall and Rene isn't far behind

Worst rider : Sitera and Mudgeway

Nicest Food : Scunny

Best track : Somerset ( good racing/passing )

Roynon and surprised no one has mentioned Craig Cook

Oops someone has

Edited by comet49