British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mlldenhall New Signing! Welcome Back Aaron Baseby.

From the Official Mildenhall website -

Baseby Returns To Fen Tigers

Tuesday, 04 September 2012 20:13 |

Fans' favourite Aaron Baseby is returning to the Mildenhall Fen Tigers on a full time basis. The club asset, who was left out of this year's starting line-up as his average was too high, has been riding for the Isle of Wight.

He returns to West Row to replace Josh Bates, who has been ruled out for at least a month after breaking his arm. A delighted co-promoter Michael Lee said. "I made no secret of the fact I was gutted when we couldn't fit Aaron in at the start of the season. We agreed he could join the Isle of Wight on condition that if we needed to recall him we could. I think everyone was aware that, as we were getting into the business end of the season, because of injuries we needed to strengthen our lower order.

"Aaron was over the moon at the thought of coming back full-time and I can't praise the Islanders management highly enough for letting him return with their blessing."

Baseby, who has already guested for his parent club this year, will make his full return in Saturday's league match at Stoke, forming a new reserve pairing with Ryan Terry-Daley. Joe Graver will revert to Number 8, in Mildenhall's re-declared line-up.

Although Number 1 Cameron Heeps will still be missing this weekend, he is expected to return when the Fen Tigers revisit Loomer Road for their second leg of their Knock-Out Cup semi-final on Saturday week (15th September).

Lee continued, "Cam is having some x-rays later this week and we are confident that he will be given the all clear to ride again in time for the semi-final, which is obviously a vital match for us, where we need to be as strong as possible. We'll use a guest for him at Stoke and the rider replacement at Buxton on Sunday.

"It's difficult to tell when Josh might be fit again. He has done brilliantly this year but has had some big knocks too, so we are determined to make sure he gets fully fit and doesn't rush back."

Meanwhile it's been confirmed that Cameron Heeps, Stefan Nielsen, and Joe Jacobs are in the line-up for the National League Riders Championship at Rye House at the end of the month (29th September). Lee added, "It's great that we have three riders taking part and any one of them has a great chance of winning."

Fantastic news

• Like 1

surely there is a cut off date for teams changing there liner ups. just what is the point mildenhall are strong enough without being allowed to sign or resign riders at this point of the season .on sunday our team will be without three heat leaders what sort of a meeting are we going to get in those circumstances how are we going to see a meeting with such a unbalanced side taking on the might of mildenhall i will still pay my money to see it but i think it will be so one sided it will be a joke this league needs sorting

• Like 1

surely there is a cut off date for teams changing there liner ups. just what is the point mildenhall are strong enough without being allowed to sign or resign riders at this point of the season .on sunday our team will be without three heat leaders what sort of a meeting are we going to get in those circumstances how are we going to see a meeting with such a unbalanced side taking on the might of mildenhall i will still pay my money to see it but i think it will be so one sided it will be a joke this league needs sorting

All Mildenhall have in fact done is replace Josh Bates who is injured with a rider on a lower average in Aaron Baseby. He is a club asset and the obvious choice.

I doubt this has been done to ensure victory at Buxton, more likely to maintain our hopes in the KOC and League Play Offs.

• Like 1

Perfectly legitimate move and a club asset at that. All helps promote interest in the build-up to the NL season's climax.

• Like 2

Surely if any team has an injured rider they can either use r/r or replace with someone else? as long as the averages fit?

I see the club statement dated and time stamped Tue 4th 20:13. This is around the time we, at Monmore 'Wood', had his absence explained to us as due to illness. That seems somewhat doubtful. Typical speedway. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I've no problem with the signing itself. It's before the cut-off, his average fits and there's time for the declaration to get the nod in time for the big meeting/s to come. :)

welcome back Aaron. Great news for the Fen Tigers. All done within the time limits averages fit well done to the management