British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Edinburgh V Ipswich Pl 7/9/12

i just know your having trouble with anyone who holds a contrary view of your continuous monarch bashing

Oh dear! BSF resident psychoanalyst is back.

Why not leave that to the experts who know what they're doing, Dekker?

yup me n my couch

Away from the usual nonsense , and back to the meeting in mention . As supporters we just have to accept that a rider is not able to clear the track in time . I know it's frustrating when a race is stopped when your team is on a 5-1 , but even if a rider isn't hurt in a fall he only has a matter of seconds to clear himself and a prostrate bike from the track .

I remember a Workington v Glasgow meeting a few seasons back and i was shouting all sorts of unsavoury stuff in the direction of Garry Stead , when i thought he could have cleared the track when he didn't . A few months later the poor bloke was in a wheelchair . I feel terrible about that and maybe we should step back and think a bit before letting our emotions take over .

• Like 4

Well my excitement at reading about the Witches salvaging a point has been tempered by reading about the controversy and some quite hostile banter here as a result :( I've only been going to speedway meets for around three years now, so can only bow down to everyone else's experience, but I have seen numerous cases of riders staying down to get a race stopped when in a losing position only to get up with miraculously no injuries. However, I have also seen good sportsmanship from the riders who do clear the track quickly - so maybe this is like simulation in football, not everyone does it but we're going to have to live with it, because it must be very hard to try and police.

Also disappointed to read this may be the end of the Witches league campaign, but well done to the Monarchs for a good home win in what sounded like difficult circumstances.

Well I did predict the Witches would not make the play-offs 3 months ago, so where are the snipers now??? You see they are all too willing to mock but when Ive been proved right yet again they have all disappeared. Witches lack of top end strength was always going to make qualification impossible and all us realists realised that fact but those wearing rose coloured glasses thought otherwise and just live in cloud cuckoo land :rofl:

Well I did predict the Witches would not make the play-offs 3 months ago, so where are the snipers now??? You see they are all too willing to mock but when Ive been proved right yet again they have all disappeared. Witches lack of top end strength was always going to make qualification impossible and all us realists realised that fact but those wearing rose coloured glasses thought otherwise and just live in cloud cuckoo land :rofl:

They haven't not qualified yet , so don't congratulate yourself just yet

Take a look at last nights scores. Add together the points that No1 and No6 scored for each team.

Not a great difference eh?

If you have a stronger No1 you lose out at No6.

Its not rocket science!

No, but it's facts and he doesn't deal with them!

Take a look at last nights scores. Add together the points that No1 and No6 scored for each team.

Not a great difference eh?

If you have a stronger No1 you lose out at No6.

Its not rocket science!

Heat 13 - Edinburgh 5 - 1 Witches by point is proved :t:

And in heat 15 our number 4 in the averages beat their number 1 and 3 in their averages, so how is your point proved?

And in heat 15 our number 4 in the averages beat their number 1 and 3 in their averages, so how is your point proved?

I think you'll find that Edinburgh's number 1 in the averages was standing in the crowd last night, so I don't think your number 4 beat him ;)

• Like 2

Very funny :lol: You know the point I was making!

• Like 1

Its obvious to any realist, heat 13 ended in a 5 - 1 defeat and that cost the Witches a win as a 5 - 1 heat win would have made it 44 - 46 in Witches favour. Struth its not rocket science that Witches lack of a genuine no1 has cost any chance of reaching the play offs :t:

Very funny :lol: You know the point I was making!

I know exactly how you feel ;)

i just know your having trouble with anyone who holds a contrary view of your continuous monarch bashing

It is not continuous Monarch's bashing Dekks , sometimes he has a day off & I take over the mantle :t:

• Like 1