British Speedway Forum

I suppose we'd better quickly forget about this year and move onto the next, hopefully the set up will improve and the devils will be able to move forward............

within the 42.5 limit my ideal dream 2013 devils PL line up would be :

1. Ryan Fisher 9.05

2. Ritchie Hawkins 5.09

3. Cory Gathercole 6.51

4. Tyson Nelson 5.33

5. Ricky Wells 6.61

6. Todd Kurtz 4.80

7. Robert Ksiezak 3.58

Total = 40.97 (1.53 remaining)

thoughts ??

I don't care what the team is next year, i just want Bowden gone, whoever takes over can't do a worse job, if Lee can pick the team he want's then we will see a vast improvement, at the moment he don't have a say in it, the same has Garry Spiller when he was the team manager.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 2

if bowden doesnt move on i dont think thier will be a plymouth 2013

I agree lewy, to get the supporters to come back he must go, there is no ifs or buts, he must go, he said in the local paper that he would want to have a position in the new set-up if someone else takes over, i think he needs to walk away, far far away.

if bowden doesnt move on i dont think thier will be a plymouth 2013

totally agree this is why the fans have left as they are fed up with putting money in that grasping b******* hands especially when he doesne even pay the dam riders the money they are owed. Very professional. Good Luck next year Lee and Seemond and good riddance all the Bowdens

• Like 2

Indeed I can only echo the thoughts, whilst Bowden's name remains in any way in the club people will always be put off. If he wants his name down as the 'Founder' of the new Devils then fine but that is where it ends as far as I'm concerned. I feel in some respect for some of his family associated with the club because I personally have found some to be fine and those on the gate have always been pleasant. Sadly they have now been tarnished with the same brush.

As for the team next year, well if we are running and we are in the PL then of this years team I'd be surprised if any would want to return given the shambles! Barker (surely FT elite) and Fisher (can't see him back in a million years) will move on regardless I would think. As for the rest well if possible Cory on 6.51 is decent value and Kurtz on 4.8 as a reserve would be a solid start. I'd want Glanz back personally but only if it meant Kurtz with him at reserve or someone in that mould.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Hawkins, he is on the way down and is only a reserve these days at best. I have a feeling Wells will stay at Sheffield and Nelson probably in Australia. That leaves Ksiezak who I haven't seen enough of to comment that much, he wouldn't be in my 'Dream Team' but maybe at reserve if we can balance the side out nicely.

Now tell us your team for this big one on Friday night, please!

Not too bothered, frankly. I guess that we can only hope that whoever rides for the Devils gets paid. :mad:

With a bleak outlook for some existing PL clubs like Workington, Glasgow and co, it seems there's some positive news for Plymouth fans today. The local rag is reporting that a consortium has agreed a price to buy Plymouth speedway...

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Devils-takeover-course-say-consortium/story-16936138-detail/story.html

• Like 1

Well since the 2012 season is now over and this thread already exists I thought I'd bump this thread in the hope that we have speedway in 2013 at Plymouth, besides the 2012 thread was getting boring!

So NL or PL, Bowden or no Bowden, speedway or no speedway? These are all the questions that remain unanswered and hopefully in 2 weeks (post AGM) we'll have some kind of news on the way forward for the club.

So following today's article in the Speedway Star it seems this thread should perhaps be moved to the NL section following Bowden's comments that he's looking to drop down to the NL as it's more 'viable'. Or basically that he makes more profit in the NL.

I'm not going to go into the article because quite frankly I don't believe one single word of it and it will just infuriate me.