British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick Bandits 2013

Who really cares about form away from home?

A fair number Bandit fans spend alot of money travelling the country to support the Bandits, if you saw the support the Bandits received on the away tour this season, you'd realise quite alot of fans care passionately about how the Bandits do away from home.

To put on an entertaining, thrilling show for locally-based spectators every week you need home-track excitement.

For which purpose Lee Complin ticks all the boxes.

I agree with this part of your post though, nothing more exciting than watching Lee pull off stunning passes around Shielfield, which sadly not many other riders can do, which makes him special to watch around Shielfield.

I'm very undecided on whether I'd retain Lee, if it were my decision to make.

Who really cares about form away from home?

Let's face it, Gjedde was pretty good at away fixtures -- so indeed was Willie Lawson.

To put on an entertaining, thrilling show for locally-based spectators every week you need home-track excitement.

For which purpose Lee Complin ticks all the boxes.

If you dont have form away from home you are never going to get anywhere i would much rather we picked up four or five away victories and had closer matches at home rather than hitting 55 or 60 points at home .

If you dont have form away from home you are never going to get anywhere i would much rather we picked up four or five away victories and had closer matches at home rather than hitting 55 or 60 points at home .

Agree,my worry is though that we will build a team to win at home only,if we are to be successful thens its important we pick up points in away meetings.I get the point that the vast majority of our fans see home meetings only,but wouldnt it be nice to have a team that was compeditive in away meetings.

• Like 2

I bet we made more money losing at home to Edinburgh than beating Ipswich at home

Enough said, its about money, we put duff teams out for a reason. Berwick don't want to be winning by 20 every home meeting and having Facu Albin scoring 18 points at Ipswich, Worky and Unia Tarnow next season. But we'll happily win at home by a few, and be at best competitive on the road. We were told it was about the infastructure and we wont do an Ellsmere Port. I believe that is the truth, I don't expect a change in our fortunes in the current climate

I bet we made more money losing at home to Edinburgh than beating Ipswich at home

Enough said, its about money, we put duff teams out for a reason. Berwick don't want to be winning by 20 every home meeting and having Facu Albin scoring 18 points at Ipswich, Worky and Unia Tarnow next season. But we'll happily win at home by a few, and be at best competitive on the road. We were told it was about the infastructure and we wont do an Ellsmere Port. I believe that is the truth, I don't expect a change in our fortunes in the current climate

Do you want us to be doing this every home meeting?

No I wouldn't, some fans want to win by as many points as possible though.

Promoters luckily as buisnessman would possibly rather win 46-44, its not about winning and losing its about surviving from one week too another gettign as many through the gate as possible

Edited by RobinH88

Crikey!

So, when we were getting beat at home some Bandits posters are shouting that it is not good enough and that crowds are falling because of this.

Now some of that same are saying that it is more economically viable to be less competitive at home.

This really backs-up that most of the stuff posted on here is nonsense.

The sad reality, as mentioned on this thread, is that British Speedway is on a shoogely peg.

There really is only one bottom line when it comes to it surviving and that is for the fans to turn out in numbers.

It is expensive, but a number of Promotions have slashed their prices and made it much more affordable.

Let's not be sitting here in 12 months' time wishing we had not gloated about low crowds, and being expert armchair promoters: because there is no use coming on here and attempting to talk authoritatively, but not dipping into our pockets to go through the turnstiles every meeting that we can make it to.

It is beyond belief that being positive about our club being run very, very well is seen as "brown nosing".

That type of comment is immature, missing intelligent thought, and borne out of insecurity.

Fans throughout the sport need to step up to the mark the rest of this season, and next season, or we'll really have something to greet about.

:rolleyes:

Edited by bigeddiechek
  • Like 7

Crikey!

So, when we were getting beat at home some Bandits posters are shouting that it is not good enough and that crowds are falling because of this.

Now some of that same are saying that it is more economically viable to be less competitive at home.

This really backs-up that most of the stuff posted on here is nonsense.

The sad reality, as mentioned on this thread, is that British Speedway is on a shoogely peg.

There really is only one bottom line when it comes to it surviving and that is for the fans to turn out in numbers.

It is expensive, but a number of Promotions have slashed their prices and made it much more affordable.

Let's not be sitting here in 12 months' time wishing we had not gloated about low crowds, and being expert armchair promoters: because there is no use coming on here and attempting to talk authoritatively, but not dipping into our pockets to go through the turnstiles every meeting that we can make it to.

It is beyond belief that being positive about our club being run very, very well is seen as "brown nosing".

That type of comment is immature, missing intelligent thought, and borne out of insecurity.

Fans throughout the sport need to step up to the mark the rest of this season, and next season, or we'll really have something to greet about.

:rolleyes:

At least theyve got fans like you willing to give them 20 quid every week, with fans like that, they cant go wrong can they.

At least theyve got fans like you willing to give them 20 quid every week, with fans like that, they cant go wrong can they.

What do you mean by that?

I see its still reduced admission for our next two matches. It really is now time to get that mate to come along to the speedway. I know the lad next to my daughter who started going with his young lad a few weeks back was saying to me last night he did not have a clue what to do this Saturday night since he has no Speedway to go to. I know I have said it before and been shot down by certain forum members as an arse licker but these people in charge at Berwick really do care about the supporters. They have put their hard earned money into this. Now its our turn to try and help out by bringing a mate and tell that mate to bring his kids remember they go FREE bring two mates if you can. This promotion have turned Berwick Speedway into a club we can all be proud of. Everyone wants success but success comes at a price and we the supporters have to pay our share of that price by turning up and spreading the word. Speedway is struggling all over the country that is why supporters not only from Berwick but all over need to do their bit. I know I would not like to be a Workington supporter at this time but heres hopeing they can pull things around. I know we have rivalry with our local clubs but we need them and they need us every bit as much. I await the usual name calling .but I hope not as we all need to pull in the same direction...

• Like 6

I see its still reduced admission for our next two matches. It really is now time to get that mate to come along to the speedway. I know the lad next to my daughter who started going with his young lad a few weeks back was saying to me last night he did not have a clue what to do this Saturday night since he has no Speedway to go to. I know I have said it before and been shot down by certain forum members as an arse licker but these people in charge at Berwick really do care about the supporters. They have put their hard earned money into this. Now its our turn to try and help out by bringing a mate and tell that mate to bring his kids remember they go FREE bring two mates if you can. This promotion have turned Berwick Speedway into a club we can all be proud of. Everyone wants success but success comes at a price and we the supporters have to pay our share of that price by turning up and spreading the word. Speedway is struggling all over the country that is why supporters not only from Berwick but all over need to do their bit. I know I would not like to be a Workington supporter at this time but heres hopeing they can pull things around. I know we have rivalry with our local clubs but we need them and they need us every bit as much. I await the usual name calling .but I hope not as we all need to pull in the same direction...

Who would have thought we would be agreeing a few years back!

This is absolutely spot on. The Promotion have put a lot of money into Berwick Speedway, delivered us our first trophy for 10 years, and greatly improved the club.

It's time for folk who whinge to show if they actually support the club, or are just insecure, insignificant little people who come on here to try and feel just that little bit more important in life.

If they do go every week that they can and spend their money, then they are very important, and - as you point out - are really valued by the Promotion which has shown great goodwill by slashing prices over several meetings now.

Time to step up and show your our true support.

• Like 2

show if they actually support the club, or are just insecure, insignificant little people who come on here to try and feel just that little bit more important in life.

If they do go every week that they can and spend their money, then they are very important

Time to step up and show your our true support.

Is this aimed at Wjm?? Lol :)
  • Like 2

Is this aimed at Wjm?? Lol :)

He's stood with us on the 3rd bend plenty of times this year.

He goes to every meeting that he is able to: so, not to your answer.

It is aimed at people who choose not to go, and those who revel in low crowd numbers.

Of course it is their choice. If they are not happy, either do something about it, or don't come on here and whinge.

You can't call yourself a supporter if you do not support your club, irrespective of what relationship you have with the owners.

A recent example of how to support your team through good and bad is - it pains me to say - all the Rangers fans who are still turning out to support their club, even though the guys in charge have royally (no pun intended) screwed them and their club.

Speedway fans seem incapable of doing that and, sadly, I can't see the support surviving in this country unless they change.

At Berwick we have had brilliant people take over the club, yet people still find things to complaint about, and people who support their club get accused of brown nosing.

It makes no sense at all. They then hide behind pathetic excuses like "I pay my money, so I have a right to complain".

Sorry, but if you don't like something, yet keep paying for it, then you are rather dull.

Watch the telly then write in to Points of View. It doesn't cost anything, and you will get plenty of things to greet about, you might get your complaint published, so you will get the opportunity to feel important too.

If you are a stay away by choice, then you are not a supporter, and can't be counted upon.

• Like 4

lol

Still can't explain yourself?

I wonder why...