British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick Bandits 2013

Before the announcement was made official i thought i had weighed up the little clues to a couple of the riders. i even thought i could give Sherlock Holmes a run for his Guineas it was all so obvious...

A couple of returning riders to Berwick = 2 riders coming back to Berwick + Riders who the fans could talk & write home about = ..............

So i guess my answer of Charlie Gjedde & William Lawson was close then B) ...

Strength in depth and well balanced team with room for potential. Looks a very good team and will hold its own.As a rival fan i have to of course have at least

one dig as to why you wont win the league though.... :o ....this team will be a crowd pleaser and should finish challenging, only obstacle i can see is experience or

of lack of it but that can very often work in favour of teams as well.Young riders will often make moves senior riders have 2nd thoughts about.

My guess for above teams finishing position come end of season..4th.

Hope you were pleased with what you heard

Hnmmmm I'm a little bit worried - smith may not be on top form, Edberg injury prone, bareltt should of signed for Glasgow, he's a quality rider there, would of like to have seen albin given a chance, but apart from that thumbs up :)

No obvious weak links in that side, an out and out number 1, sure he will be a great captain too.

Two good reserves, the ultr-reliable Aspegren, entertainer extraordinairre in Kozza, raw talent in Bellegeo, and Wethers who can ride a lot of our bogey tracks.

Very happy when this was announced :)

P.S.

We should have a separate thread called "I knew before you knew", so all the insecure folk who feel important posting on here can boost their self-esteem even further.

Edited by bigeddiechek
  • Like 4

No obvious weak links in that side, an out and out number 1, sure he will be a great captain too.

Are you sure the No 1 will be captain? Website says he will lead the team, but I took that as meaning his scoring. Was it announced last night?

The captain of the side was not announced last night. Razir said he had not made the final decision aa ti wgom it would be,as of yet

Cant find fault with team. Always said find heat leader then two strong reserves and then fill rest of places. Well ricky definetly a heat leader and nikki and alex possibly the strongest reserves in league. The rest of team nicely balanced

Roll on march.

I like the look of this side. Aspegren impressed me last season and could develop into a heat leader as could Smith once he gets his fitness back.

Solid middle order and potentially a very strong reserve pairing. Could be a real dark horse next year the Bandits if they get some luck with injuries.

Anyone else find this team solid, but a little bit boring??

Two good reserves, the ultr-reliable Aspegren, entertainer extraordinairre in Kozza, raw talent in Bellegeo, and Wethers who can ride a lot of our bogey tracks.

Very happy when this was announced :)

P.S.

We should have a separate thread called "I knew before you knew", so all the insecure folk who feel important posting on here can boost their self-esteem even further.

Come on Eddie there are no secrets in the speedway world only people who would like there to be.

At the end of the day we have as always on paper a team which could do very well and listening to Matty Wethers speak last night we have a rider who I hope will go on to show he has a point to prove as did Ricky last year and if Kozza is in the same frame of mind then it may well be that they will produce what is required to get the numbers through the gate. At the end of the day there are fans then there are the fans that want to be associated with winners but they all pay their entance fee.

Ah well, I quite like being alone in my opinions - but I add I am pleased we are having speedway in 2013 :) and as I said the team is solid, just a little bland that's all- but I'm not complaining ;) just opinionating my opinion :)

• Like 1

Anyone else find this team solid, but a little bit boring??

Can you explain what you think is boring cos having done all the matches I did last year... And seeing who our 1-7 now are... I'm truly struggling to understand why you think that?!

I like the look of this side. Aspegren impressed me last season and could develop into a heat leader as could Smith once he gets his fitness back.

Solid middle order and potentially a very strong reserve pairing. Could be a real dark horse next year the Bandits if they get some luck with injuries.

Aspergrens average is 6.40!!!! Is he a heat leader???????? :|