British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow 2013

An assessed average of 5 is always hard to hit and if forced to ride in the top 5 that is always going to be difficult.
Unless you are Sam Masters who did it in 2010 and ended on a season average of 6.72! So chin up, it is possible. I'm sure there are many many more.

P.S. Funny how you are all saying about James Wright what we were all saying last year. Good luck.

Edited by Willowman

James wright is undoubtably the key man in the team, but realistically the two 5.point men,are going to have to ride very close to that figure in.order for the Tigers,to have a successful season. But, its only.year 1 of the new promotion, its early days

James wright is undoubtably the key man in the team, but realistically the two 5.point men,are going to have to ride very close to that figure in.order for the Tigers,to have a successful season. But, its only.year 1 of the new promotion, its early days

I suspect the success or failure of the Tigers in 2013 lies more on whether Joe Screen and James Grieves can hold their starting averages..........

Here's another name to throw into the mix: Joey Ringwood.

You heard it here first!

Good shout, Lulu!

Unless you are Sam Masters who did it in 2010 and ended on a season average of 6.72! So chin up, it is possible. I'm sure there are many many more.

P.S. Funny how you are all saying about James Wright what we were all saying last year. Good luck.

Would I be right in saying that Rohan Tungate was the only first year Aussie to average in excess of 5 in 2012? (6.55)

I extremely doubt that these 2 Aussies will achive their 5 point averages at all look at campton last year far better rider than both of them and he didn't manage to hold his

I extremely doubt that these 2 Aussies will achive their 5 point averages at all look at campton last year far better rider than both of them and he didn't manage to hold his

How do you reckon he's a "far better rider"? Have you seen Horwood and Ringwood riding in a British team? Last spring Campton arrived under very much the same conditions as the new guys will. All three (Mason C after a British season) contested the qualifier for the Australian Title last weekend, and all three missed out.

Back to the House Party, Blob!

How do you reckon he's a "far better rider"? Have you seen Horwood and Ringwood riding in a British team? Last spring Campton arrived under very much the same conditions as the new guys will. All three (Mason C after a British season) contested the qualifier for the Australian Title last weekend, and all three missed out.

Back to the House Party, Blob!

Pretty sure horwood didn't even qualify for the qualifier as he didn't ride in the meeting, ringwood finished dead last and campton just missed out on qualifying on a countback to Micky dyer.

Think screen will do more or less the same although alot of the number 1's last year gave him a run for his money at ashfield i just watching screen when hes chasing down someone the way he rides the boards he should take up surfing.

james G could up his hes got it in him and is in superb shape hard to pass when out in front and having him and screeny in 13@15 could seal the points at home but away well maybe or hopefully.

Henning was showing a liking for ashfield and looking solid like a matty wethers type such a likeable guy and a crowd pleaser love it when he wins or helps with a 5-1 his celebrations are top quality and we all love it and him at ashfield.

James W should score or a least up his average and praying that with getting backed up and everyone behind him up here he goes on and finds his form again hes bound to hopefully at ashfield this year. Good foundations but risky with the others.

• Like 2

It is a team that relies on the young his basically hitting their averages. An assessed average of 5 is always hard to hit and if forced to ride in the top 5 that is always going to be difficult. But the bright spot or glimmer of light that I can find us that any young rider getting to ride with an ex Grand Prix rider like joe screen, or a premier league old stager like James grieves who knows every British track inside out and has amazing track craft and guile. Any young rider is always going to learn from these too.

O'Malley had that opportunity last year and never improved. The senior guys like Screen, Grieves and Sean Courtney can offer valuable advice and direction, but they cannot turn Fiat's into Ferrari's, the riders must already have the desire and potential to be unleashed. Both assessed riders are a couple of years older than O'Malley and hopefully that extra maturity will help them adapt to living over here. However until we get to see them ride here, they cannot be considered anything other than 3.00 pointers, and along with Jacobs gives us a long tail to start, assuming work permits are granted.

That puts the pressure on the top end of the team, and with James Wright widely being regarded as a confidence rider and needing time to settle, those are perhaps not conditions he will thrive in. I will be there to watch week in week out to support my team and the new owners, but I do worry about whether we will see the wavering supporters.

• Like 1

if they turn up equipped like mason campton and show the same professional side he had will do me just fine

• Like 1

if they turn up equipped like mason campton and show the same professional side he had will do me just fine

And if they turn up equipped like Jayden O'Malley?

I have to say the pressure is going to be on henning and james wright the most because both the aussies are presumably going to drop down to an average of 3.00 when they get real averages so that give the management an extra 4 points and will probablly go down the same route as last year and make some early changes

Listen I am no Glasgow fan but hey a risk may work, it may not but Sean Courtney is no fool and he must know something. If not then there are always guys put there.

The point about grieves and screen is that they can help young guys settle in the pits with set ups etc...

Must admit i'm a bit jealous of the Joey Ringwood signing, he will surprise quite a few people next season. For those who have not seen him ride - he is capable of awesome outside blasts, riding the boards is his speciality, a "never say die" rider. Also recall him pushing Darcy Ward all the way for four laps, then flattening Damien Koppe in his next ride. Also recall him completely smoking tyson nelson - by riding the boards and reeling him in!.

Enjoy him Glasgow fans, you have a decent looking line up, Joe Jacobs is also an amazing signing.

• Like 4

Very very vulnerable bottom end.

My guess is plenty of points to play with when the first lot of averages are released.

If the good old boys don't hold there averages...oh dear.