British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Yeah but did not half put the cat amongst the pigeons. :lol:

Unfortunately there is always gullible fans to believe it, and folks that want to start rumours.

BTW What would your definition be for 'paying on time'.

Unfortunately there is always gullible fans to believe it, and folks that want to start rumours.

BTW What would your definition be for 'paying on time'.

I would say anything up to a week after the meeting.

So there could be an element of truth in what Dave Massey Harris might be saying.

Next home meeting including all the away fixtures, this fellow knows that Sheffield and Rye House pay their riders before they've been paid themselves. He did say that Scunthorpe were very good but hadn't had too much to do with them as he and RG had a disagreement. Is that convincing enough?

I would say anything up to a week after the meeting.

So there could be an element of truth in what Dave Massey Harris might be saying.

Next home meeting including all the away fixtures, this fellow knows that Sheffield and Rye House pay their riders before they've been paid themselves. He did say that Scunthorpe were very good but hadn't had too much to do with them as he and RG had a disagreement. Is that convincing enough?

No, actually.

When did 8.18 ever make a 3rd heat leader in March?

Never, except for Workington when they used to have 3 big hitters and fill the rest of the team with Charles Wright, John Branney and the like.

No, actually.

What about a Sheffield team of.

(1) Kauko Nieminen

(2) Joe Haines

(3) Cory Gathercole

(4) Ricky Wells

(5) Stuart Robson :shock::lol:

(6) Simon Lambert

(7) 3 point rider.

• Like 1

Ben barker

When did 8.18 ever make a 3rd heat leader in March?

Fair enough, I will bow to your superior memory. Still maintain that an out and out number 1 should have an average of over 9. My opinion, end of.

An 8 plus average may entitle many riders to ride at number 1, but to my mind doesn't make them an old fashioned no.1.

old fashioned number 1s were not subject to averages and as to how a team should be made up.. one more reason why speedway is failing as a spectator sport in todays modern era.

• Like 1

Theres been quite a few teams over the last decade or so that have started with three riders with averages higher than 8.18 .

Newport in 2003 started with Iversen as third heatleader on 9.00 with Smart and Watson both starting with averages over 9.00 .

Workington have done it a few times, and I am sure one year Arena Essex lined up with Lanham, Kylmakorpi and Tatum all on averages over 8.00

Granted it rarely happens and 8.18 isnt the norm for a third heatleader, it has still happened.

Berwick - Rymel, Makovsky, and Franc all made their debuts together, all on 9.00 averages.

A statement was read out on behalf of Kauko Nieminen at the Leicester dinner dance on saturday stateing that IF Leicester remain in the premier league (which seems likely with no elite teams droping down) then Kauko will return to captain the lions in 2013. So it appears the rumours last week are untrue.

• Like 2

A current PL number one told me yesterday he has asked his parent club if he can talk to Sheffield or Rye House reason being in his words they are the only clubs who appear to pay their riders on time. Watch this space.

Well, they are NOT the only PL Clubs who 'pay on time'

• Like 1

Well, they are NOT the only PL Clubs who 'pay on time'

They might not be but they are very much in the minority that do