British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Funny how he has been riding for Swindon on Thursdays.

Suggest you have a look through every Swindon thursday night meeting last season and tell me how many Alden rode in. Wont take long to count :)

Why would anyone not want Ricky Wells back! Young lad who got better and better as the season progressed. Came out of the reserve birth at Wolves and held his own at no2 then no4. Was our best performer away. On the way up.

Stead started at 4 for Swindon, struggled then dropped to no2, struggled then dropped to reserve. Still didn't score well until the play offs. Not sure how everyone thinks he's going to hold his 9.20 average.

Also look at other riders who also rode Elite and managed to stay or move into the main body who have lower averages than stead. Morris, Auty, Doyle, Roynon, Barker. All young lads on the way up.

We may also have to change to Sunday to fit him in. Looking at comments on here and Facebook we could stand to loose half the crowd doing so.

Screen tweeted today he may be looking for employment after the shocked phone call he had yesterday and Grosjczonez tweeted he hasn't had a call about a Premier league spot. Only rumours admittedly.

• Like 1

Suggest you have a look through every Swindon thursday night meeting last season and tell me how many Alden rode in. Wont take long to count :)

Okay, checked and does say that he was signed for the same club as Seb Alden Masarna, but checking all the Masarna fixtures Simon rode in none of the fixtures.

• Like 2

Okay, checked and does say that he was signed for the same club as Seb Alden Masarna, but checking all the Masarna fixtures Simon rode in none of the fixtures.

I wasnt on about Stead riding in Sweden, read the original post, my post was about Alden riding every thursday, and not having ridden once for Swindon on a thursday.

I wasnt on about Stead riding in Sweden, read the original post, my post was about Alden riding every thursday, and not having ridden once for Swindon on a thursday.

Apologies been a long day.

I am glad you two sorted the Alden situation out. So that means we can't sign him then lol.

Why would anyone not want Ricky Wells back! Young lad who got better and better as the season progressed. Came out of the reserve birth at Wolves and held his own at no2 then no4. Was our best performer away. On the way up.

Stead started at 4 for Swindon, struggled then dropped to no2, struggled then dropped to reserve. Still didn't score well until the play offs. Not sure how everyone thinks he's going to hold his 9.20 average.

Also look at other riders who also rode Elite and managed to stay or move into the main body who have lower averages than stead. Morris, Auty, Doyle, Roynon, Barker. All young lads on the way up.

We may also have to change to Sunday to fit him in. Looking at comments on here and Facebook we could stand to loose half the crowd doing so.

Screen tweeted today he may be looking for employment after the shocked phone call he had yesterday and Grosjczonez tweeted he hasn't had a call about a Premier league spot. Only rumours admittedly.

Agree about Wells. Should be good signing. Was annoying at times last year when getting higher scores in the elite league, but we can not change the past. Looking to the future, think he could improve his Sheffield average in 2013.

Whilst I would also like Stead back, if it means Sunday racing this could probably mean the end of Sheffield Speedway, if the crowd gets any smaller, so not worth the risk.

• Like 1

Hi all, Ive got a sneaky feeling that it isnt going to be stead. ive got a feeling that we could be in for Screeny to lead us next season. There is also a part of me that isnt ruling out Mason Campton being at Sheffield next season.

I would love to see Ricky Wells back at Sheffield in 2013

He started to put in some decent scores towards the end of the season, and he took a while to get dialled into the Sheffield track.

He also had to ride the more difficult number 5 position as well.

• Like 1

I would love to see Ricky Wells back at Sheffield in 2013

He started to put in some decent scores towards the end of the season, and he took a while to get dialled into the Sheffield track.

He also had to ride the more difficult number 5 position as well.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ricky at Workington on a 6.47 average that's a bargain

Wouldn't mind seeing Ricky at Workington on a 6.47 average that's a bargain

So you'd leave out Roynon? Wouldn't mind Adam at Sheffield! ;)

• Like 1

Not sure Adam wants to come back! I hope he does but if not Ricky would allow us 6.44 for the last rider

Edited by stemoc
  • Like 1

how is number 5 a difficult number for a heat leader? Your out with reserves for your first 3 rides!

Exactly. Number 5 means nicely spread out heats, you ride with your reserve 3 times and the oppositions once do can average 4 without beating anyone. A 6.5 average at number 5 is pretty poor.

Stead will be confirmed as comets number 1 at 9pm 2night

and :rofl: