British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Never known a thread move so quick down to one signing.

Okay not the 3 point rider that I would have gone for myself, would have been Nielsen or Jacobs for me.

But there was a clue last season that this could happen, and towards the end of last season both myself, Squall and SKJ all said that Jake could well be in the side for this season, so in a way I am not surprised to see him given a chance, and that what we have to do is give the lad a chance.

Nice to see the usual suspects coming out as soon as there is a signing that appears to be a bit suspect.

Friddy 75 who know every signing that the Promotion is going to make, seems to have all the inside knowledge on who is going to sign and who is not going to sign for Sheffield, maybe they can introduce me to who they get their information from.

Maybe Friddy is right but I am prepared to wait and see who the next three signings are and then I will make some sort of judgement on the team and how it will progress. .

I suppose I am down as one of your "usual suspects" Spinny ?

We have not only made one "suspect signing" though have we ?

Koppe undiscovered at 24 and beaten by second halfers this year is a big gamble and Knight who is not even an average NL rider is in our PL team , thats two "suspect signings" in my book !

Changed my avatar for you Squall, just to make your task a little bit easier.

Nice one Porky :wink:

• Like 1

Its so difficult to judge teams at this stage,for me the team looks like its going to be one built with the first changes in average in mind..assume your new No1 drops a bit off his average,koppe could easily drop two points(think hes a decent rider but most assessed guys drop back first) and all of a sudden you have got a lot of options.

I think you could be super strong especially at reserve with a change when averages allow and sometimes you have to build that way when you use assessed riders

• Like 2

small lively Argentinian heading your way. :wink:

Facundo Albin?

three 5 point riders in 1 team, surely not!?

I think Albin will be a 7......

A Uruguayan riding on an Argentinian license is part British?

small lively Argentinian heading your way. :wink:

Remember seeing him in the second half after one of the Berwick meetings last season. IMO he looked the business, had style, passed on the outside and with decent machinery could be a star of the future!

you got it plus as a bonus you get his mentor Dick Barrie :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Plus a translator for each of them
  • Like 1

Ooh hope he's a seven. That'll make him so much better than if he's a five and it'll fill the points used up!

• Like 1

Its nothing to do with building for the future ... like some said about Jacobson last season they will be dropped by the end of May ... all we are seeing now is Hoggy bumbling his way to another poor septet !

I've resisted commenting this year on team building as it just turns in to a negative bun fight. When all of the team are announced it may be possible to take a view; but you'll only know once the racing starts. However describing Hoggy as "bumbling" did make me laugh; I've meeting him on a few occasions at Owlerton and "bumbling" isn't a description that sprang to mind. Have you ever thought to have a chat to him one Thursday to suggest he's a bumbling individual?

• Like 1