Sheffield 2013

Is Spinny paying you. Or are you is dad lol

:D

No, he's mine. :o:D

Is Spinny paying you. Or are you is dad lol

:D

No, he's mine. :o:D

• Like 1

That depends how you define 'negative' To some on this thread it is questioning the team or promotion in any way - in other words, you can't be critical at all without being labelled with that tag.

To me, being negative is not having a good word to say at any point, being positive being the complete opposite. Both are almost certainly motivated by prejudice,are equally ridiculous and should equally be ignored.

Fortunately, there is a third way - being realistic. By that, I mean coming to a judgement about the teams prospects on what we actually know from past seasons and the rider performances. I don't think its difficult.

Spinny's excellent post above is both a typical example of that and a typical example of his contributions to this thread in that he says what he thinks (and, I suspect, what most think). You could do worse than simply read any posts he has made on this subject.

I raised the issue following the way I perceived the tone of the thead having waded through pages. Both you and SK are balanced throughout as with your replies to me, thank you. If both your inputs were removed from the whole thread it leaves a lot of negative comments and doesn't paint the posters in the best light. There is a minority who seem to have personal issues with the promotion and I wouldn't have thought this was the platform to get them resolved hence my conclusion that there is too much whinging. It just seems to breed more negative behaviour.

Im glad you are looking up to your elder's.

• Like 1

Am I Halifax Tiger's Dad.

Well if I am that some milk round that I had at about 3 years old. (Don't be fooled by the name Halifax is Southern lad) :D

And remember Halifax if I am your Dad SKJ is your little brother. :D

And the cheque is in the post. :D

• Like 1

A little piece in the Speedway Star - Sheffield Cubs/Prowlers have withdrawn from the MDL. Does this mean just free practice for second halves every week?

• Like 1

To all Tigers fans, the last STAARS social this winter will take place next Thursday (7th March 2013) from 8pm at the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5miles south-east of Owlerton Stadium.) All are Welcome!

To all Tigers fans, the last STAARS social this winter will take place next Thursday (7th March 2013) from 8pm at the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5miles south-east of Owlerton Stadium.) All are Welcome!

I am going to try and make a special effort to go to this gathering.

Jump on the tram to Hillsborough, quick pint in the Deep End, cut through Morrisons car park via Macdonalds to line your stomach, then round the corner to the New Barrack Tavern - not really much of a special effort required. :drink:

Jump on the tram to Hillsborough, quick pint in the Deep End, cut through Morrisons car park via Macdonalds to line your stomach, then round the corner to the New Barrack Tavern - not really much of a special effort required. :drink:

Very good mate, but you have taken me a long way round to get the Barrack Tavern, its about a 25 minute walk from my home. :D

No the special effort is down to the fact that I have to be at work for 4.30am the next morning.

So there won't be so many. :drink:

Otherwise I will be :blink: the next morning. :D

• Like 1

A little piece in the Speedway Star - Sheffield Cubs/Prowlers have withdrawn from the MDL. Does this mean just free practice for second halves every week?

Maybe they'll link up with the less-demanding Northern Junior League instead?

• Like 1

hope facu albin get to the country soon to get used to the weather at start of season or i can hear a excuse coming it taking time to get used to the climate

. There is a minority who seem to have personal issues with the promotion

I think that's true but their remarks can be ignored. Equally, though, there are those who won't hear a word against the team or the promotion and who aggressively attack anyone who even questions any aspect of the line up or the running of Sheffield Speedway, however reasonable those comments might be. They even go on to suggest that fans should simply be grateful that the team is running.

To my mind, the latter is just about as low as a promotion (or its supporters) can get, because it implies that fans should just turn up whatever the circumstances and that they have absolutely no responsibility to attract paying customers. That's not just nonsense, its a disgrace.

And remember Halifax if I am your Dad SKJ is your little brother. :D

:o:blink:

All being well see you, Squall & Spinny Junior on the 11th April, when no doubt I'l put the mockers on your boys again :(

• Like 2

I think that's true but their remarks can be ignored. Equally, though, there are those who won't hear a word against the team or the promotion and who aggressively attack anyone who even questions any aspect of the line up or the running of Sheffield Speedway, however reasonable those comments might be. They even go on to suggest that fans should simply be grateful that the team is running.

To my mind, the latter is just about as low as a promotion (or its supporters) can get, because it implies that fans should just turn up whatever the circumstances and that they have absolutely no responsibility to attract paying customers. That's not just nonsense, its a disgrace.

:o:blink:

All being well see you, Squall & Spinny Junior on the 11th April, when no doubt I'l put the mockers on your boys again :(

Remember the Lucky Shorts. :D

• Like 1

hope facu albin get to the country soon to get used to the weather at start of season or i can hear a excuse coming it taking time to get used to the climate

I read that Facundo is due to leave Argentina tomorrow, along with Nicolas Covatti.

• Like 1

He apparently couldn't speak a word of English when he was here last year & spending time in Berwick wouldn't have helped that situation, but if he needs to make any excuses I'd guess he'll have a better crack at it than that

Still, don't let the rain spoil your parade, eh?

• Like 2