British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Riders go where their offered the best deals its as simple as that, anyone who thinks they chose their club because of "the benefits" are wrong.

You can be sure the SRBF meeting was sod all to do with any rider signing for Berwick.... otherwise you'd have the likes of Harris, Barker, Korneliussen etc on the phone to Anderson begging for a team place. Although I am sure the Berwick PR guru will find a paragraph or two stating they'd love to ride there if it was an EL club!

There is no doubt the Andersons have made Berwick a more attractive place to ride since Waite's reign but like the Malletts with Newport, are the crowds any better or even as good as when the previous promoter was in charge?

:lol: Still bitter he ain't at Somerset I take it? I'm sure if another club had approached Robin and he wanted to go then arrangements could have been made to accommodate his flights! Maybe, just maybe he is happy to be back with us!

Maybe he is, I haven't doubted that. But it's been well muted he's at Berwick because of convience of coming in and going out of the country.

We're very happy with our team down here in Somerset... You don't get called league favourites for nothing ;)

I refer back to another point made, but it's well publicised Robin Aspegren would rather be elsewhere than Berwick but due to flights in and out of the country, it doesn't allow it.

I refer to the AA Road Atlas 2013 which includes in some detail the road system in this country.

It was this network that allowed, amongst many others, both Bedermark & Lindgren to ride for Newcastle while regularly flying in and out if Stansted.

Maybe he just didn't fancy the country lanes of Scrumpyland with its slack jawed yokels holding things up, chugging along on their tractors.

So which part of the last post stating convience did you not understand?

None blinder than those who won't see.

Quick reminder the title of this thread does read;

Sheffield 2013.

• Like 4

Sheffield 2013.

Absolutely. I genuinely thought I had opened the wrong thread, closed it only to find that it was the Sheffield thread. Or is it the Shielfield thread?
  • Like 1

Sheffield 2013.

And of course,youve never gone off topic on a thread before?

And of course,youve never gone off topic on a thread before?

Who me?

Never. :lol:

There is no doubt the Andersons have made Berwick a more attractive place to ride since Waite's reign but like the Malletts with Newport, are the crowds any better or even as good as when the previous promoter was in charge?

They wouldn't have reduced the admission price towards the end of the season if crowd levels were decent

I reckon Facundo Albin & Damien Koppe will suprise a quite a few this season, under the leadership of Stead they can only grow. Very excited about the new season now :-) :-) :-)

I reckon Facundo Albin & Damien Koppe will suprise a quite a few this season, under the leadership of Stead they can only grow. Very excited about the new season now :-) :-) :-)

Hope Steady has brushed up on his espanol because if not Albin wont understand a word :D

Who's the team manager for next season. I can't remember if it's been announced yet. Also what do we think of the new bonus system for next year. Is it just a cost cutting exersize, or will it do anything for the racing. Will it make team mates ride harder for 2nd place with there being no bones point for 3rd ?.