British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Who's the team manager for next season. I can't remember if it's been announced yet. Also what do we think of the new bonus system for next year. Is it just a cost cutting exersize, or will it do anything for the racing. Will it make team mates ride harder for 2nd place with there being no bones point for 3rd ?.

I cant see it doing anything for team riding at all.

Dont think its a good idea scrapping the 3rd place bonus,wont do anything for team spirit when team mates are riding against each other.As for the manager,we need somebody experienced not the system we used last year.Cant see it changing though to be honest.

• Like 1

I can see a fair few points lost by team mates racing each other and inadvertently screwing each others race up and letting opponents through. The successful partnerships will be those that agree to take it in turns to come second I imagine

Trouble is you can never plan a race,efs ,falls etc. Personally i think its a bad move.It encourages back handers from the more unscrupulous promoters !!!!!!!!!!

I can see a fair few points lost by team mates racing each other and inadvertently screwing each others race up and letting opponents through. The successful partnerships will be those that agree to take it in turns to come second I imagine

I am sure most of the Sellafield team WILL finish second most of the time tee hee..

I am sure most of the Sellafield team WILL finish second most of the time tee hee..

Sellafield? This is the Sheffield thread, not Workington.

Edited by Cue Ball
  • Like 2

To me dropping bonus points for 3rd place is wrong but I can't see what you envisage happening.

Any promotion worth its salt will surely just pay both riders 1.5 points.

To me dropping bonus points for 3rd place is wrong but I can't see what you envisage happening.

Any promotion worth its salt will surely just pay both riders 1.5 points.

The trouble there is it throws up a rider scoring more points but getting paid fir less.

A pair with 3 rides together get 3 drawn heats with the same rider 2ndeach time. In the heats they are apart rider 1 is last so scores 6 and is paid for 4.5. Rider 2 picks up a 2nd scores 5 and is paid for 6.5.

Why has it been changed. Is it just to save money. I can't see any other reason.

Why has it been changed. Is it just to save money. I can't see any other reason.

In itself, that's not a bad reason.

The wrong way to go about it though.

The trouble there is it throws up a rider scoring more points but getting paid fir less.

A pair with 3 rides together get 3 drawn heats with the same rider 2ndeach time. In the heats they are apart rider 1 is last so scores 6 and is paid for 4.5. Rider 2 picks up a 2nd scores 5 and is paid for 6.5.

So what? I mean what difference does that make to anyone? How many pound coins a rider takes home is no-ones business other than the rider.

Chances are they're on different pay rates anyway.

In itself, that's not a bad reason.

The wrong way to go about it though.

So what? I mean what difference does that make to anyone? How many pound coins a rider takes home is no-ones business other than the rider.

Chances are they're on different pay rates anyway.

It makes a difference to the rider.

Would it be right for 2 riders on the same pay scale and for 1 to score more yet get paid less?

Just because their pay is their business doesnt mean it isnt a valid discussion point particularly when it could impact the team performance which is every fans business.

Dont think its a good idea scrapping the 3rd place bonus,wont do anything for team spirit when team mates are riding against each other.As for the manager,we need somebody experienced not the system we used last year.Cant see it changing though to be honest.

Is it any different ro both riders wanting the one point on offer when they are losing a heat 5 - 1?

Is it any different ro both riders wanting the one point on offer when they are losing a heat 5 - 1?

I think riders should be paid on the number of opposition riders they beat, not team mates.

It makes a difference to the rider.

Would it be right for 2 riders on the same pay scale and for 1 to score more yet get paid less?

Just because their pay is their business doesnt mean it isnt a valid discussion point particularly when it could impact the team performance which is every fans business.

Team performance didn't come into your first post, but feel free to change tack

Team performance didn't come into your first post, but feel free to change tack

No change of tack just an expansion.

The whole debate doesnt have to be in one post.