British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Is it any different ro both riders wanting the one point on offer when they are losing a heat 5 - 1?

Probably not because it didnt encourage our team riding last year.My thought was if say steady and jake were on a 3-3 then steady could protect him without losing money.If they were losing a 5-1 then you would just expect steady to be 3rd trying to pass the opponents !!!! According to hoggy steady is in the team to help the new lads so when on a 3-3 its not going to happen,he will just chase the win imo.

The trouble there is it throws up a rider scoring more points but getting paid fir less.

A pair with 3 rides together get 3 drawn heats with the same rider 2ndeach time. In the heats they are apart rider 1 is last so scores 6 and is paid for 4.5. Rider 2 picks up a 2nd scores 5 and is paid for 6.5.

That is true but if it is made clear to the riders what the score will be at the start of the season I don't see it being an issue.

To me, its better to do that than have home riders racing each other or destroying (to a degree at least) the concept of team riding.

Good opener. Ashworth booked as guest. I think he might like to beat Steady. Will be very interesting. Bit of pressure on Steady. But i think he is good enough. Roll on the 28th.

That is true but if it is made clear to the riders what the score will be at the start of the season I don't see it being an issue.

To me, its better to do that than have home riders racing each other or destroying (to a degree at least) the concept of team riding.

Tend to agree although plenty of deals were already agreed before the change was announced.

Seems that the ruling is being ignored already with riders deals still including bonus points as before, just depends on who you ride for.

Everyone must think it will be an easy win for the Tiger's.

Steady will clean up this season. Ill have a bet of £10 he finishes with a near ten point average.

As for the tigers team I've reserved judgement - looks exciting - looking forward to a few Thursday nights out.

Edited by speedway_dan

Steady will clean up this season. Ill have a bet of £10 he finishes with a near ten point average.

As for the tigers team I've reserved judgement - looks exciting - looking forward to a few Thursday nights out.

ill take your bet :)
  • Like 1

So that's a nine & a bit average. Out of twelve. Hardly cleaning up - I think your wife needs a new hoover.

how near is near to a 10 point average. i dont mind taking a tenner off you.

I think Steady can average 10.50 to 10.90 at home he will take some beating! Away he will do well loved watching him ride for the robins a nice bloke genuine and he is a very good rider no doubt about that.

I think Steady can average 10.50 to 10.90 at home he will take some beating! Away he will do well loved watching him ride for the robins a nice bloke genuine and he is a very good rider no doubt about that.

take your bet aswell Sid

Going by the updates, Mr Hall has rode an away track well. Let's hope he can do that in a Tigers race jacket now :wink:

• Like 1