British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

I thought Knight was doing well as sign as a club asset ?

Looks like Sheffield have scored an own goal in the "Richard of the week" nomination with todays post on the Sheffield Star webpage, seems Wells & Stead are getting another crack at the pairs this Friday !

" Joe will move to the No.2 position, which proved to be so successful for him last year, and partner Simon"

Joe was at either 6 or 7 ALL last season!

"And I am often reminded that when Neil first brought an unknown Australian rider called Steve Johnston over he couldn’t get round Sheffield at all for the first half-season. Luckily we stuck with Johno rather than discard him after a few weeks. "

Well Mr Machin may have recommended Jonno,but Cliff Carr was the promoter back when he debuted for the Tigers,so Mr Machin couldn't drop him.He did in 1993,but thats another story.

So our cunning plan is to track Facu ( with a green sheet average of 3.08) at number 5 alongside two reserves which are averaging 1.54 and 1.44 ....

• Like 3

I think B4E will be looking forward to our visit to Owlerton on Thursday. If Rye can win there anyone can!!

• Like 2

I thought Knight was doing well as sign as a club asset ?

He is doing well but unfortunately he is in a team that isn't doing well and the team needs match wins. If he was in a stronger team he would be great to keep as he would have time to improve without any pressure.

Edited by Harman

" Joe will move to the No.2 position, which proved to be so successful for him last year, and partner Simon"

Joe was at either 6 or 7 ALL last season!

"And I am often reminded that when Neil first brought an unknown Australian rider called Steve Johnston over he couldn’t get round Sheffield at all for the first half-season. Luckily we stuck with Johno rather than discard him after a few weeks. "

Well Mr Machin may have recommended Jonno,but Cliff Carr was the promoter back when he debuted for the Tigers,so Mr Machin couldn't drop him.He did in 1993,but thats another story.

So our cunning plan is to track Facu ( with a green sheet average of 3.08) at number 5 alongside two reserves which are averaging 1.54 and 1.44 ....

should be good on Thursday, how many will berwick get?

thank good i cannot go for the three weeks after thursday, at least i wont have to make excuses to myself for not going after this week

on hols this week so taking in match v Berwick,wife needs a chair as she has ms can she see the track sat down?

He is doing well but unfortunately he is in a team that isn't doing well and the team needs match wins. If he was in a stronger team he would be great to keep as he would have time to improve without any pressure.

if averaging about a point and half is doing well then im sorry i think im watching the wrong sport,how many teams persist with a rider producing this average,at first opportunity the changes have to be made for the credibility and future of the sport in the city, sorry damien and jake you have both had a fair run.

Lovely, looks like the promotion have now got it out for our fans! Threatening to sue fans for posting their opinions, no matter what they be, is just down right pathetic. Although that being said, I'd like to see them try. My other club Sheffield Wednesday tried to do this years ago over some posts on a Wednesday fans forum. All they got was a ton of bad publicity and thrown out of court.

Although I think it's just a scare mongering tactic. There's a good reason why they've only put the article in the speedway star and not in the local paper or website. The public backlash alone wouldn't be worth the sake of forcing a few fans to stop sharing their opinions...

• Like 2

Lovely, looks like the promotion have now got it out for our fans! Threatening to sue fans for posting their opinions, no matter what they be, is just down right pathetic. Although that being said, I'd like to see them try. My other club Sheffield Wednesday tried to do this years ago over some posts on a Wednesday fans forum. All they got was a ton of bad publicity and thrown out of court.

Although I think it's just a scare mongering tactic. There's a good reason why they've only put the article in the speedway star and not in the local paper or website. The public backlash alone wouldn't be worth the sake of forcing a few fans to stop sharing their opinions...

perhaps the fans could sue the Sheffield promotion for misrepresentation of a speedway team. threatening to put a good side together for 2013, taking the fans hard earned cash (with advanced season ticket sales etc) and failing to do honor their promise.. can some one get go to toys r us and get hoggy and co some toys as theirs have all been thrown out of the pram..

BETTER STILL, JUST STOP GOING FOR A MONTH.. SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT..

BETTER STILL, JUST STOP GOING FOR A MONTH.. SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT..

Complete rubbish which I suspect will rightly be completely ignored.

They won't like it. Nor will anyone else when the track closes at the end of the season.

The promotion might be damaging the club by such actions but there's no need for the supporters to help them.

It just gets worse and worse.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery - sounds a nasy one...

Good grief. How many injuries?? Best wishes to Simon for a full recovery (and a speedy one if at all possible)