British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

you won heat 2 if my (alcahol affected) memory of that night serves me correctly :o

our only race winner of that abysmal evenings showing!!!!!!! :oops: (hence the alcahol)

your alcohol affected memory is quite correct. In fact James and Andre were the only Tigers to beat a Rocket all night! I seem to remember we weren't so bothered about the result that night as none of us thought we were going to win. Seem to remember Edberg riding round in his Jock strap. Should have rode a bike . Boom boom! BTW didnt we finish second in the play offs in 2010 as well? With that fantastic comeback against the monarchs?, Edited by Sparky from Sheffield
  • Like 1

I find this so funny reading your posts u slate riders so much I would like to add the last time Sheffield were any good was in 2007 and they made the final against rye house which I also must add had myself Ben Wilson and Paul cooper in that team u have done nothing since that year enjoy ur banter peeps!

Taking it a bit far this time KKS.

• Like 1

Taking it a bit far this time KKS.

Nah, think this is actually Cockle.

The guy who has done absolutely sod all in over a decade in speedway!

Nah, think this is actually Cockle.

The guy who has done absolutely sod all in over a decade in speedway!

I think your right he was on the NL section trying to find aTeam,Although why would he not ring the Promotions rather that this Forum.Another rider trying to make an easy buck out of NL speedway IMO
  • Like 1

hope this is not true but apparently Klaus Jakobsen and Richard Hall are the final peices of our 2013 jigsaw.

Weren't these two the first signings for last years team?

Please don't start rumours like this - they sometimes come true!

I think when season starts up again from fans we should all chant theres only one neil machin! Can only feel for him losing spirit in the sport because many fans feel same but maybe we should appreciate what we have got and next season will be a big improvement on 2nd to bottom! Can tell hoggy has been left in charge though releasing stories that are old news.

• Like 1

http://www.thestar.c...-plug-1-5240939

SHEFFIELD TIGERS co-promoter David Hoggart has revealed how club owner Neil Machin considered pulling the plug on the club for 2013.

Hoggart represented the Owlerton side at the sport’s annual general meeting and says all efforts to bring costs under control have already gone out of the Premier League window.

And he says the middle tier of the sport in this country isn’t financially viable unless clubs are propped up by extra sponsorship or individual benefactors.

Tigers are run as a self sufficient business with Machin the sole owner with financial interests in the operation.

And Hoggart is warning of a bleak future for the sport in this country.

He said: ““Neil has put 20 years of his life into this club and after last season he was looking at the Premier League and considered pulling us out. The cost of running Premier League speedway far outweighs the return on investment and the business model is no longer viable. It is a situation that has arisen due to the cost of technological advancement and the deep pockets of some club shareholders or owners, who are able to offset their operational losses against other business interests.

“I don’t know of any current Premier League club that has funded its operation from a revenue stream generated from speedway alone” said Hoggart. “I owed it to the riders, our loyal supporters, sponsors, landlords and Neil to do everything I could to keep us operational in 2013 and while I gave every Premier League club clear warning of our difficulties, we did not achieve the sort of cost saving we need to be secure.”

SHEFFIELD TIGERS co-promoter David Hoggart has revealed how club owner Neil Machin considered pulling the plug on the club for 2013.

Hoggart represented the Owlerton side at the sport’s annual general meeting and says all efforts to bring costs under control have already gone out of the Premier League window.

And he says the middle tier of the sport in this country isn’t financially viable unless clubs are propped up by extra sponsorship or individual benefactors.

Tigers are run as a self sufficient business with Machin the sole owner with financial interests in the operation.

He said: ““Neil has put 20 years of his life into this club and after last season he was looking at the Premier League and considered pulling us out. The cost of running Premier League speedway far outweighs the return on investment and the business model is no longer viable. It is a situation that has arisen due to the cost of technological advancement and the deep pockets of some club shareholders or owners, who are able to offset their operational losses against other business interests.

“I don’t know of any current Premier League club that has funded its operation from a revenue stream generated from speedway alone” said Hoggart. “I owed it to the riders, our loyal supporters, sponsors, landlords and Neil to do everything I could to keep us operational in 2013 and while I gave every Premier League club clear warning of our difficulties, we did not achieve the sort of cost saving we need to be secure.”

Its was 99% because you built a poor team Mr Hoggart !

A better team and a couple of hundred more fans there and running costs are met , the main reason Neil was going to pull the plug was the hassle he got after the called off PLRC meeting !

the main reason Neil was going to pull the plug was the hassle he got after the called off PLRC meeting !

and the basis of that hypothesis is?

Ahhhh the old black mailing promotion technique, that old chestnut!

• Like 2

wtf does that mean ?

It means what makes you say that Machin considered chucking away 20 years of business over 1 meeting? Fact or just guesswork

Its was 99% because you built a poor team Mr Hoggart !

A better team and a couple of hundred more fans there and running costs are met , the main reason Neil was going to pull the plug was the hassle he got after the called off PLRC meeting !

You post such ill thought out drivel that if anyone took your views seriously I'd be staggered. From my perspective the sport is in major difficulties, we are potentially facing a triple dip recession, the demographics of the core support are those that are most affected by this Governments economic policies and cost all around are rising.

Yet you manage to scrape up the brain cell to post this tripe. I'm cetain that Machin and Hoggart would value a couple of hundred more fans; that would be an extra £3k or so a meeting. But the likes of you would expect that to be spent on team strengthening; the reality is that it needs to be spent on paying the bills or are you uanble to understand what was written; most owners support speedway as a tax break for their core business i.e. you and I are supporting every other club that has this strategy via our taxes. No better than Starbucks really.

• Like 1