British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

We are normally a lot quicker off the mark setting prices for new season and i am pretty sure we are sticking with Thursday so who knows what the hold up is.

Edited by AndyK

If we don't sign Wells I fear we are going to be so far away from being competitive with every other team. If we can't put a deal together for Wells we can forget other riders like North or even Poole and I would expect the last two to be Sanchez and Hall.

Although I don't know the ins and outs of each deal I'm struggling to understand why we have broke the bank and put together the biggest deal in Tigers history to get Stead to return. Have sent out a young asset in Skiddy and if we do get Wells, we will be losing out on a loan fee for Sanchez.

I'm also a little baffled why we have spent money buying or supporting new assets in a year when we have been warned things need to change or bust. Wouldn't it have been better to fill the team with the assets we have to save money and who we know can at least do a job at Sheffield.

Although not a team many would of liked but

1 Masters/Grajczonek/Doolan/Lemon etc

2 Skiddy

3 Wells

4 Sanchez

5 Hall

6 Haines

7 Knight

Wouldn't this have been a less risky team at a lower cost and on paper be more competitive at home which was one of the criteria for next season?

I am starting to worry now a little that the Promotion have gone about team building the wrong way, Knight should have been announced as the last signing once the other 6 were confirmed and knew what points they had left.

For me now and i know it is harsh on Knight but i would sign Poole and North, see what is left and find a new number 7, might leave us weak at top end but at bottom end we would be much stronger i'd hope.

Promotion are out of ideas and it all started so well.

it says in local paper they want ricky wells to take a pay cut now there is our ambition bike prices are going up and they want riders to ride for less money . perhaps thats why we have 3 new riders because they will ride on the cheap to get a theam place

This is a real worry regarding Ricky Wells failing to agree terms with the club.

We could look elsewhere and there is riders available but I cannot see other riders of the same standard but will they come for the same amount of money.

The Promotion obviously have a budget and that is fair enough, but why approach a rider who has said that he lost money last season and ask him to sign for less money it just does not make sense.

Hopefully Ricky and the Promotion can meet each other halfway, but it looks like this could be unlikely as Ricky states that he will only sign for the same money as last season.

Where do we go if Ricky Wells does not sign who knows, I just don't see any of the riders who are left out there riding for the money that appears to be on offer at Sheffield.

• Like 1

If Wells doesn't sign they could go for Jesper B Monberg!

Ricky Wells is based in the uk less than an hour away from track through the season. If they can't afford Wells on last seasons package I doubt they could afford an overseas rider who's average is higher.

Same for North or Poole, I can't see them coming over from Oz on a cheap deal unless they can top their income up with an elite ride.

at end of day if machin wants fans to turn up he needs to complete this 1-7 if not we might as well chuck towel in and ask for a spot in national league, how long ago since 2002 does it feel now.

Ricky Wells is based in the uk less than an hour away from track through the season. If they can't afford Wells on last seasons package I doubt they could afford an overseas rider who's average is higher.

Same for North or Poole, I can't see them coming over from Oz on a cheap deal unless they can top their income up with an elite ride.

I am not sure that I would want North.

I maybe would go with Poole, but we would need a top heatleader to go with him.

In my opinion I believe Ricky Wells is a must, I personally think he would challenge Stead for the number 1 position.

Just had a look through the remaining available riders and I can't see anyone who has the potential as Wells, and certainly no one who looks as though they'd come to Sheffield for the money being offered.

Think we need to start and prepare for the return of Sanchez and Hall as 2nd and 3rd heat leaders.

PLEASE SIGN WELLS!!

In my opinion I believe Ricky Wells is a must, I personally think he would challenge Stead for the number 1 position.

Stead would have to drop 3 points off his average for that to happen

Think we need to start and prepare for the return of Sanchez and Hall as 2nd and 3rd heat leaders.

PLEASE SIGN WELLS!!

that would save me £50 per week

Happy New Year to all Tigers fans. We will be having our January STAARS gathering on Thursday 10th January 2013 from 8pm at a NEW venue, the home of speedway drinking in Sheffield, the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5miles south-east of Owlerton Stadium)

Details of venue on attached website: http://www.castlerockbrewery.co.uk/site/?page_id=15 

As always it's a chance for Tigers fans to have a catch up and to talk about the Tigers and latest signings (if there are any???), all things speedway during the silly season and have a few beverages. All are welcome!

Regarding admission details: We were told at the last STAARS meeting that admission prices would be announced as soon as the 7 signings for 2013 were confirmed. (when that will be is anyone's guess at the moment :o)

Edited by Tigerite

Stead would have to drop 3 points off his average for that to happen

I guess you are basing that on his early season form, towards the end of the season Ricky Wells form really picked up and was riding far better.

Looking at the rest of the premier league teams announced so far, I do not believe any team, other than Sheffield can fit Wells in (unless they release another rider already signed). Would Wells be better off just riding Elite League only?

• Like 1