British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Hi all, not posted for a short while. For me, If Wells doesnt sign then i think the best outcome we can hope for is Hall & Nedermark IMO. Wasnt really convinced with Wells, had a few good rides towards end of season but the season as a whole was terrible.

I also apologise if this is a stoopid question but has Andre now fully retired ? I'd have him back, could come in on a low average and demolish riders at home.

• Like 1

I also apologise if this is a stoopid question but has Andre now fully retired ? I'd have him back, could come in on a low average and demolish riders at home.

Andre's finished up racing -- but fear not, Benji still wants to ride!

Thought Benji had retired. I was at Scunthorpe for what was announced as his last ever ride. He had engine failure at the tapes so not the finish he would have wanted.

Thought Benji had retired. I was at Scunthorpe for what was announced as his last ever ride. He had engine failure at the tapes so not the finish he would have wanted.

Was in last weeks Speedway Star that Benji is looking to make a comeback.

Ricky Wells has not asked for the rise, he has said that if he was offered the money he was on last season.

My question is why pursue a rider who has stated that he lost money riding for Sheffield and then ask him to sign for less money the following season.

Simple economics says that the rider will turn that the deal down, whether he a foreigner or British.

The club has a budget for a third heatleader and obviously Ricky was out of there price range so why pursue him.

Ah, bless... never actually had to negotiate for anything in the real world then.

Assuming the first sentence is meant to suggest that Wells would sign if he was offered the same as last year, here's a question:

If he made a loss last year, why would he agree to the same terms this year? "Simple economics says that the rider will turn that deal down, whether he('s) a foreigner or British"

Whatever the going rate was last year, it's different this year - for any number of riders - even run of the mill foreigners.

I was not aware North had a Polish team. And I wouldn't be shocked if Peterborough signed him this coming season, he was one of the top riders in the premier league towards the end. He also had a good guest ride for Swindon. If I had choice he would be signed along with Wells as our last two riders.

My point is if Sheffield can't afford to offer Wells the same deal as last year, what's the chances that North would sign for the same sort of deal on offer? (Sheffield being the only team he'll fit)

Like Spin king says, if we can't afford to sign Wells on a deal that he was never going to accept why even try?

As for people not wanting Wells because of this or that who do they think will sign for Sheffield for the same sort of deal?

I don't know.

But then again you haven't furnished anyone with financial details of "the same sort of deal". Or the demands of any of the available riders.

• Was in last weeks Speedway Star that Benji is looking to make a comeback.

Ricky Wells can not make it pay, but Benji Compton (unlikely to average 6.5 in the premier league) wants to make a comeback. It makes you wonder who can and can not make the sport pay.

• Was in last weeks Speedway Star that Benji is looking to make a comeback.

Ricky Wells can not make it pay, but Benji Compton (unlikely to average 6.5 in the premier league) wants to make a comeback. It makes you wonder who can and can not make the sport pay.

Of course, Benji might be just looking at NL, rather than PL, although, I have to admit, I haven't read the article in the Star.

Ricky Wells has not asked for the rise, he has said that if he was offered the money he was on last season.

My question is why pursue a rider who has stated that he lost money riding for Sheffield and then ask him to sign for less money the following season.

Very simple....increase your average---the name of the game---- and you may earn some money

Its certainly isnt the Sheffield promotions fault that his form for the biggest part of the season was Sh y te....,on the flip side,does any rider who average didnt increase deserve a rise in wages

Points win prizes!!!!

I saw him for Sheff against Worky and he was shocking unless he made a start,performances like that do not deserve a wage rise

Ah, bless... never actually had to negotiate for anything in the real world then.

Once bartered the price of shirt down on holiday, does that count. :approve:

Very simple....increase your average---the name of the game---- and you may earn some money

Its certainly isnt the Sheffield promotions fault that his form for the biggest part of the season was Sh y te....,on the flip side,does any rider who average didnt increase deserve a rise in wages

Points win prizes!!!!

I saw him for Sheff against Worky and he was shocking unless he made a start,performances like that do not deserve a wage rise

I think that you are missing my point.

I am not saying that Ricky Wells is worth more money than last season.

I am not saying that Ricky Wells is worth the money he is was on last season.

I am not saying that Ricky Wells is worth less money that he was on last season.

What I am saying is why do the club pursue a rider who stated last season that he lost money riding for Sheffield for one reason or another. Why do they offer him less money for this year. surely you know what the answer is going to be, why not look for alternative riders.

The club has budget fair enough but why go for a rider who yuo simply cannot afford.

And if reports are right Ricky Wells has not asked for a pay rise he has asked for the same money that he was on last season.

• Like 1

I am not saying that Ricky Wells is worth less money that he was on last season.

What I am saying is why do the club pursue a rider who stated last season that he lost money riding for Sheffield for one reason or another. Why do they offer him less money for this year. surely you know what the answer is going to be, why not look for alternative riders.

The club has budget fair enough but why go for a rider who yuo simply cannot afford.

And if reports are right Ricky Wells has not asked for a pay rise he has asked for the same money that he was on last season.

Presumably in the (unlikely) hope he might agree to sign? If they don't ask, they won't know.

• Like 1

What point are you trying to make Spinny? (sorry)

• Like 1

What point are you trying to make Spinny? (sorry)

Basically ..................................................................... :rofl:

If Wells wants to be at Sheffield as much as he says he wants to be then Id be hoping that he would see things from the clubs point of view and sign a contract,IMO he should think himself lucky that Sheffield want him,and he`s hardly likely to be on a pittance.

If Wells wants to be at Sheffield as much as he says he wants to be then Id be hoping that he would see things from the clubs point of view and sign a contract,IMO he should think himself lucky that Sheffield want him,and he`s hardly likely to be on a pittance.

Spot on screm, it's not Sheffields fault Wells mads a loss last year, he must have liked the deal they gave him last year, if not he would not have signed, once he was signed it's up to him after that, it's easy to work up, the more points you get, the more money you get, the less points you get, the less money you get.