British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Well that is it then Sheffield Speedway team starting 7.

Not the best starting 7, but better than the previous one.

The final signing Ricky Wells is a good one, I think he took time to get his set up right for Sheffield but certainly got that sorted towards the end of last season. But I think that he has proved by his Elite League form that he can beat good riders and I think that we will see have a far better season in Sheffield colours this season.

Of the rumoured riders that were set to take jump in place of Ricky Wells if he did not sign.

Stichauer, is more of a 2nd string than a heatleader.

Poole; Might have been worth a shot, but seems to fall of a lot and get injured fairly easily, but would have been exciting.

Nedermark; Not too sure if he would have cut it riding Sheffield week in week out, but Squall would have loved it.

I think we have gotten the best option left to the club with Wells.

The rest of the team.

Stead will lead the team well, and should score decent points

Hall will do it around Sheffield, but definitely needs to do the business away far more than he did last season and previous seasons, and this has too be his very last chance.

Haines, completed what was a bit of a rehabilitation season last season, and the winning of the British Under 21 title gave him loads of confidence and it was noticeable that he was a better rider after that meeting. I can see improving on his starting average, not massively but I think he will make improvements.

The other three will be unknown quantities nobody really know what is going to happen with them.

Albin has a riding style that I think will excite the Sheffield speedway public, but I think he will struggle on some of the smaller tight tracks.

Koppe, is the one that I have a feeling might be the better of the three.

Kinight, the one that I worry about, but he has good people behind him and this is big chance lets hope he takes that chance.

At present things stand we are probably looking at mid table at best, but how many times do we see teams finish with the team that they start with, a few changes in the riding personnel and things could be a bit different.

Agree with most of your post but hally must do more away and beat more of the opposing heat leaders at home.He had some decent scores at home last season but how many were topped up in heat 14 against lesser riders ? Hes rode more laps round sheffield than the rest of the team so should be beating the heat leaders that only race our track once or twice a season.I fear we could become a 4 rider team against the better teams and if any of the top 4 are having a bad night we could get hammered.
  • Like 1

Could you name them? The ones who have progressed like Wells but been dumped?

The whole point is that they don't get the chances to progress.

Agree with most of your post but hally must do more away and beat more of the opposing heat leaders at home.He had some decent scores at home last season but how many were topped up in heat 14 against lesser riders ? Hes rode more laps round sheffield than the rest of the team so should be beating the heat leaders that only race our track once or twice a season.I fear we could become a 4 rider team against the better teams and if any of the top 4 are having a bad night we could get hammered.

Would totally agree with what you say about Richard Hal.

The one thing that bugged me about last season was the fact that he rode the number 4 position last season.

For me he has to ride at number 5 next season at home.

My riding order would be.

Home

(1) Stead

(2) Haines

(3) Wells

(4) Albin

(5) Hall

(6) Knight

(7) Koppe

Away

(1) Stead

(2) Haines

(3) Hall

(4) Albin

(5) Wells

(6) Koppe

(7) Knight.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 1

The one thing that bugged me about last season was the fact that he rode the number 4 position last season.

Home

(1) Stead

(2) Haines

(3) Wells

(4) Albin

(5) Wells

(6) Knight

(7) Koppe

Away

(1) Stead

(2) Haines

(3) Hall

(4) Albin

(5) Wells

(6) Koppe

(7) Knight.

Wells will be knackered at home mate. :drink:

• Like 1

Wells will be knackered at home mate. :drink:

Wells spotted :rofl:

Now edited.

Wells spotted :rofl:

Now edited.

Blame squall....

• Like 1

The whole point is that they don't get the chances to progress.

Who though? Who do you have in mind? Granted Wells was a crap EL rider for Coventry & was lucky to get a PL place but he has improved since into a credible EL second string, albeit a white-liner!

Any similar British rider spring to mind; someone not given that second chance?

Home

(1) Stead

(2) Haines

(3) Wells

(4) Albin

(5) Hall

(6) Knight

(7) Koppe

Away

(1) Stead

(2) Haines

(3) Hall

(4) Albin

(5) Wells

(6) Koppe

(7) Knight.

That would be my choice at home too but away i would change it to suit the tracks.Hall and Albin paired at rye ? suicidal if albin leg trails.tracks not big enough for both in same race.!!! Probably switch joe.

Wells will be in a great frame of mind to ride for Sheffield , he has only signed because he cannot ride for Wolves if he didnt !

If you thought he was mardy last season whats he gonna be like in the coming season on reduced money ?

Yet Sheffield take 3 risks on the back of a dire season !

Look I'm very sorry that your personal friends haven't been employed at Sheffield (again) but get over it. The reality is that Ricky Wells has signed; he earns the bulk of his money (as they all do) on results, he will be motivated to race at his best for Sheffield. I would imagine his biggest issue is moaning G*ts like you! Do me a favour PM me if you ever post anything positive, I don't want to miss it.
  • Like 1

A rider can be as mardy or not smile at all as long as they get the points I don't care.

There was a rider in the 60's and 70's who never smiled and was mardy called Charlie Monk never did him any harm.

• Like 1

Well that is it then Sheffield Speedway team starting 7.

Not the best starting 7, but better than the previous one.

The final signing Ricky Wells is a good one, I think he took time to get his set up right for Sheffield but certainly got that sorted towards the end of last season. But I think that he has proved by his Elite League form that he can beat good riders and I think that we will see have a far better season in Sheffield colours this season.

Of the rumoured riders that were set to take jump in place of Ricky Wells if he did not sign.

Stichauer, is more of a 2nd string than a heatleader.

Poole; Might have been worth a shot, but seems to fall of a lot and get injured fairly easily, but would have been exciting.

Nedermark; Not too sure if he would have cut it riding Sheffield week in week out, but Squall would have loved it.

I think we have gotten the best option left to the club with Wells.

The rest of the team.

Stead will lead the team well, and should score decent points

Hall will do it around Sheffield, but definitely needs to do the business away far more than he did last season and previous seasons, and this has too be his very last chance.

Haines, completed what was a bit of a rehabilitation season last season, and the winning of the British Under 21 title gave him loads of confidence and it was noticeable that he was a better rider after that meeting. I can see improving on his starting average, not massively but I think he will make improvements.

The other three will be unknown quantities nobody really know what is going to happen with them.

Albin has a riding style that I think will excite the Sheffield speedway public, but I think he will struggle on some of the smaller tight tracks.

Koppe, is the one that I have a feeling might be the better of the three.

Kinight, the one that I worry about, but he has good people behind him and this is big chance lets hope he takes that chance.

At present things stand we are probably looking at mid table at best, but how many times do we see teams finish with the team that they start with, a few changes in the riding personnel and things could be a bit different.

Home

(1) Stead

(2) Haines

(3) Wells

(4) Albin

(5) Hall

(6) Knight

(7) Koppe

Away

(1) Stead

(2) Haines

(3) Hall

(4) Albin

(5) Wells

(6) Koppe

(7) Knight.

Just Curious. Why if Koppe is the best of the three would you put him at Reserve? Granted he could have more rides but you're giving Albin more difficult ones and Koppe easier ones. Of course you could swap them around and experiment until they get a proper average but If you're right about the relative ability you are potentially setting Albin up to fail

Just Curious. Why if Koppe is the best of the three would you put him at Reserve? Granted he could have more rides but you're giving Albin more difficult ones and Koppe easier ones. Of course you could swap them around and experiment until they get a proper average but If you're right about the relative ability you are potentially setting Albin up to fail

I think that once the team is declared I don't think that you can swap the riding order around.

Will be interesting to see who the Promotion decide to promote inot the msin body of the team.

Whether it is Koppe or Albin remains to be seen.

My personal preference is to go with Koppe at reserve, as I think he has the more potential to score more points than Albin and can take on the extra rides.

But lets see where the Promotion goes with this one.

Home

(1) Stead

(2) Haines

(3) Wells

(4) Albin

(5) Hall

(6) Knight

(7) Koppe

Away

(1) Stead

(2) Haines