British Speedway Forum
Derwent

Comets In Trouble

Well done trigger, up to speed now :-) Now if the rest of the Leicester fans could just catch up…

some of us are a bit slow dont forget this speedway thing is pretty much new to most of us,give us time we will catch up.

• Like 1

Hard to fathom when reading some of the comments on this topic.

think you will find keith denham is his own worst enemy he has no pr tact at all threatening people dosnt work Edited by scarra
  • Like 1

This forum is going down hill fast, i,m all for people having their opinion but to constantly have negativity amonst so called fans is doing no one or the sport any good.............. i despair, maybe some people do not want the sport in Cumbria to survive. :neutral:

Not the case at all, but does it REALLY come as any surprise that the toys have been chucked. Five years of inability to interact with human beings, whether its the ever lengthening list of riders who have jumped ship, to volunteers and fans that have been cleared out. Now it's all "lets get behind the promotion".

• Like 2

kd normally waits untill the close season to carry out his mafia tactics. looks like he has started early.

think he is having secong thoughts about his imature threats and silly coments to the mefia.

just how do thomas armstrongs make any money with him at the helm. beats me.

the number of people he has banned from workington speedway would put anorher 2/399 on the gate.

theres a lot of truth in jengas post

if jenga is the person i believe them to be they have more knowledge in running speedway than you give them credit for

what i cant understand is how come one day denham is trying to persuade the bspa to let rusty harrison come back in and a few days later wants to shut shop. is this not a case of denham throwing his toys out of the pram with the bspa with these threats was hoping to change their mind on the harrison saga and when it did'nt go his way this is the end result.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I agree, but really now is not the time to post negative comments against Workington Speedway, at the end if the day it is coming down to one thing and one thing only "Do you want Workington Speedway to close" ???? No if's and but's but its simple really . We have been given a lifeline as supporters to show that we want to keep speedway here in Worky and I for one along with many others and the guys with me this morning at the SOS rally round will not give up without fighting first :approve: .

So please do us all a favour and keep your comments for another time another place .

How did the derwent Park gathering go ? -any media turn up ?

It went well thanks, we had a talk from George our WSSC chairman , who had, had a meeting with Keith yesterday. And yes for all you knockers of Worky out there Keith is like us and doesn't want to close the doors !! A few photos and interviews and the crack was very positive .

We have had awful luck with the weather,injuries especially so far this season but theres still a chance . Now is the time folks lets work alongside Keith for once and if those gates rise over the next few weeks it could be a very happy winter .If we get to 1000 mark on Saturday every adult can take their entry ticket and get a fiver back. So come on get back Saturday we have everything to play for, the play-offs, 2 cup semis, and Kyle Howarth returns with possibly Tero and become the saviours of Workington Speedway :t:

SAVE OUR SPEEDWAY ---- SAVE WORKINGTON COMETS !!!!!!

Edited by davidj
  • Like 5

Not the case at all, but does it REALLY come as any surprise that the toys have been chucked. Five years of inability to interact with human beings, whether its the ever lengthening list of riders who have jumped ship, to volunteers and fans that have been cleared out. Now it's all "lets get behind the promotion".

well said the first thing he did when he took over was sack most off the staff ban a good number of fans and iff all of those took just 1 family member or friend with them thats the difference between making a healthy profit or making a loss

Or put it another way, the amount of riders who want to ride at DP, like the track and would get paid on time.

"Jumped Ship"......mmmm not really getting that one.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I agree, but really now is not the time to post negative comments against Workington Speedway, at the end if the day it is coming down to one thing and one thing only "Do you want Workington Speedway to close" ???? No if's and but's but its simple really . We have been given a lifeline as supporters to show that we want to keep speedway here in Worky and I for one along with many others and the guys with me this morning at the SOS rally round will not give up without fighting first :approve: .

So please do us all a favour and keep your comments for another time another place .

It went well thanks, we had a talk from George our WSSC chairman , who had, had a meeting with Keith yesterday. And yes for all you knockers of Worky out there Keith is like us and doesn't want to close the doors !! A few photos and interviews and the crack was very positive .

We have had awful luck with the weather,injuries especially so far this season but theres still a chance . Now is the time folks lets work alongside Keith for once and if those gates rise over the next few weeks it could be a very happy winter . If we get to the 1000 mark on Saturday every adult can take their entry ticket and get a fiver back !!!!.

So come on get back Saturday we have everything to play for, the play-offs, 2 cup semis, and Kyle Howarth returns with possibly Tero and become the saviours of Workington Speedway :t:

Good post :approve:
  • Like 1

if hes willing to drop the price down to a tenner if the crowd is 1000 + then why dosnt he put that to the press

thats a very good idea aslong as he meens it

cant say thats not fare if the crowd is big enough to pay the way we get a discount

maybe it should be offered as a insentive for the next meetings bring youre ticket to the next match and get a discount ?

We have had awful luck with the weather,injuries especially so far this season but theres still a chance . Now is the time folks lets work alongside Keith for once and if those gates rise over the next few weeks it could be a very happy winter . If we get to the 1000 mark on Saturday every adult can take their entry ticket and get a fiver back !!!!.

So come on get back Saturday we have everything to play for, the play-offs, 2 cup semis, and Kyle Howarth returns with possibly Tero and become the saviours of Workington Speedway :t:

So why has he threatened to do so? :blink:

And, according to some "if all you have is negatative comments" then people shouldn't say anything? I thought that was the whole point of an open forum. People have an opinion and they are quite entitiled to put their opinion on here.

• Like 2

well said the first thing he did when he took over was sack most off the staff ban a good number of fans and iff all of those took just 1 family member or friend with them thats the difference between making a healthy profit or making a loss

Call yourself a fan :rofl: , thats a joke

So why has he threatened to do so? :blink:

And, according to some "if all you have is negatative comments" then people shouldn't say anything? I thought that was the whole point of an open forum. People have an opinion and they are quite entitiled to put their opinion on here.

Because he can't keep funding out of his own pocket, would you ??? Mmmm exactly..

Edited by davidj

Call yourself a fan :rofl: , what an absolute joke

Because he can't keep funding out of his own pocket, would you ??? Mmmm exactly..

If I had the finances, yes I would.

It's the way that he's gone about it worries me.

People keep saying "how come he's such a great businessman with Thomas Armstrong and not Workington Speedway?" Running a business like Armstrong's and running a sporting business (whichever sport that may be) are completely different. It has become apparent (at least to me), Keith hasn't learnt that since he took over.

• Like 1

This is a forum,whatever the opinion of the people (positive or negitive) on it, it should be treated with respect (it it their opinion,right or wrong ) as most of the posters still attend meetings ,its the people who no longer go to meetings that you should be telling the gospel too .

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Call yourself a fan :rofl: , what an absolute joke

If KD has driven fans away then that is the reason why Workington Speedway is now struggling.

Most people don't realise the difference between running a business and running a leisure activity. People have to go to work, but they don't have to go and watch speedway. If you treat your fan base with utter contempt then that will come back and hurt you.

In essence KD has taken a thriving business and turned it into a loss making enterprise by alienating his customers. He is now blaming the fans for not turning up!

Query: Will all those fans he's banned be welcome to turn up at the next meeting?

• Like 1

Call yourself a fan :rofl: , thats a joke

if i quote the truth does that make me any less a fan than if i tell lies sorry but i only wrote what happened so maybe you want me to stop paying my money every week and stop being a fan

If KD has driven fans away then that is the reason why Workington Speedway is now struggling.

Most people don't realise the difference between running a business and running a leisure activity. People have to go to work, but they don't have to go and watch speedway. If you treat your fan base with utter contempt then that will come back and hurt you.

In essence KD has taken a thriving business and turned it into a loss making enterprise by alienating his customers. He is now blaming the fans for not turning up!

Query: Will all those fans he's banned be welcome to turn up at the next meeting?

he banned another only last week for coments posted on a forum says a lot dosnt it

This is a forum,whatever the opinion of the people (positive or negitive) on it, it should be treated with respect (it it their opinion,right or wrong ) as most of the posters still attend meetings ,its the people who no longer go to meetings that you should be telling the gospel too .

Agree with the first part of your post.

Perhaps they should be asking those who don't attend anymore, why they choose not to go. Providing their answers are honest and genuine, then maybe things could change to get them back and Workington Speedway wouldn't be in the situation it finds itself in.

The thing is though, there almost certainly isn't a quick fix, as I'm sure the problem is more deep rooted and doesn't only lie on the West coast, but with speedway in general.

• Like 3