British Speedway Forum

I got to last night's Q&A late-was it said that Magic was in contention before I got there?

In the Speedway star Chalkie ...now that he has no under 21 meetings he may be given a team place .

I got to last night's Q&A late-was it said that Magic was in contention before I got there?

Do not think any new riders for the 2013 team were mentioned

Got to take Magic on a 6pt. Zengota as well. I'm sure the Pole-a-phobics will be on saying they aren't reliable etc but that's nonsense with those 2. Both potential heat leaders, we will have Museli as well on a 4

So Magic is in contention for next year then...how about this for a side:

Hans - 8.18

Morris - 5.78

Magic - 6.13

Klindt - 5.68

PK - 6.98

Zengi - 5.57

Musielak - 4 (if he's a 4) failing that Robin Aspegren or Dak.

Comes in at 42.32

Plenty of room for improvement & will always have a decent reserve.

One of Morris - Zengi - or Klindt at deserve all year :-) realistically probably see Stead instead o one of those 3 but even so

So Magic is in contention for next year then...how about this for a side:

Hans - 8.18

Morris - 5.78

Magic - 6.13

Klindt - 5.68

PK - 6.98

Zengi - 5.57

Musielak - 4 (if he's a 4) failing that Robin Aspegren or Dak.

Comes in at 42.32

Plenty of room for improvement & will always have a decent reserve.

Thats a really interesting side hyabb17. Probably too many Poles for most of the guys on here.

I would have both Maciej and Gregorz as they are capable of adding a point on their averages. I would however include Steady at reserve. Him and Zengi at reserve would clean up. Moreover, i could foresee some different personel at reserve most months throughout the season. Kid Morris, Klindt maybe.

2013 is an excellent opportunity for the club to attract more sponsors and fans through the turnstiles. I am surprised they didn't hold last nights forum in a larger venue. Furthermmore, it was hardly publicised very well either. I am sure they could have made more money for the club last night.

The club must really push on with advertising the new season to the public of Swindon and Wiltshire. They should 'piggy back' on every commercial opportunity. Roadshows, School drop in sessions, Radio, TV, leaflet drops through as many letter bxes as possible. Give me a thousand or so and i will ensure households along the A4 know about our sport!! The ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS race most Thursday nights etc etc

What about staging some Sunday afternoon/evening meetings at the start of the season to initially attract the young children, prior to the Polish season starting? Once they are 'hooked' their parents can ease them into the later, Thursday evening start times.

Love the innovation showed with EXCALIBUR and the away colours/kevlars. So lets get the merchandise out early doors with the away colours, scarves and hats ready for the new season. Fans will spend money on that now! Christmas is coming!

Season tickets....lets give the monthly payment scheme another run. Sure it proved a challenge with the administion last time (mostly due to people not paying) but surely now with some more resilience, ths can be resurrected?

The club should be aiming for 1000 season ticket holders in palce before March.

I am rather disturbed by Roundabouts rationale behaviour and suggestions recently. I felt more comfortable when he was proposing teams with Darkin, Moore and Chrzanowski as heat leaders :-)

• Like 1

Would rather have a committed rider like Doyley over Magic anyday & don't go along with his average rising that much either as will always see Britain as 3rd best.

Team spirit is massive as was proved last season & worth more extra points than the enigma Magic.

Klindt would jump at the chance to come back but just hope we look to last seasons team first when the final decisions are made.

• Like 1

I heard Miedzinski is Swindons new number one.

Rumour is they're coughing up the 20k they need for Andersen :shock:

Edited by Crump99

Rumour is they're coughing up the 20k they need for Andersen :shock:

Money well spent in my eyes & just hope Troy, Nick & Doyley are to follow.

• Like 2

Would rather have a committed rider like Doyley over Magic anyday & don't go along with his average rising that much either as will always see Britain as 3rd best.

Team spirit is massive as was proved last season & worth more extra points than the enigma Magic.

Klindt would jump at the chance to come back but just hope we look to last seasons team first when the final decisions are made.

Surely the object of the exercise is to find riders that will improve their average. No disrespect to JD but I can't see his average improving. Janowski has proved at U21 level and in the World Cup that he has got what it takes. Poland's attitude to U21's means that he did what he was told not what he wanted to. I also take the reference in the SS re Friday night visits to Coventry, Peterboro and Lakeside to rule out Doyle.

If England was so 3rd choice....why would he bother? He doesn't need England and he isn't coming for the money is he! Would you travel halfway across Europe if you couldn't be arsed? Somehow I doubt it.

Amazingly, Klindt, who has been around for years, who admittedly did well for us last time he rode for us in a truly uncompetitive side, but previously had shown nothing for years at Blunsdon, you think is a better prospect. On what grounds, his average fits??? :blink: :blink:

Team spirit is an ingredient to a winning formula but not the overriding factor. Ability to improve averages (Kildemand/Doyle) was the main factor along with the ability to stay fit and not be ruled out for any length of time. Something the 2012 team managed except for JD who was injured right at the death.

• Like 1

Andersen

Janowski

Doyle

Kildemand

Harris

Pawlicki or Masters

Covatti or Palm Toft

Not fussed about Stead, Klindt, Zengota or Morris unless you want an Eastie team

Take it Seb not in your team ?

Surely the object of the exercise is to find riders that will improve their average. No disrespect to JD but I can't see his average improving. Janowski has proved at U21 level and in the World Cup that he has got what it takes. Poland's attitude to U21's means that he did what he was told not what he wanted to. I also take the reference in the SS re Friday night visits to Coventry, Peterboro and Lakeside to rule out Doyle.

If England was so 3rd choice....why would he bother? He doesn't need England and he isn't coming for the money is he! Would you travel halfway across Europe if you couldn't be arsed? Somehow I doubt it.

Amazingly, Klindt, who has been around for years, who admittedly did well for us last time he rode for us in a truly uncompetitive side, but previously had shown nothing for years at Blunsdon, you think is a better prospect. On what grounds, his average fits??? :blink: :blink:

Team spirit is an ingredient to a winning formula but not the overriding factor. Ability to improve averages (Kildemand/Doyle) was the main factor along with the ability to stay fit and not be ruled out for any length of time. Something the 2012 team managed except for JD who was injured right at the death.

Blueboy, Klindt scored around 16 for Wolverhampton at Blunsdon in 2009. He would be a decent signing i reckon.

Doyle's H & A averages were 6.69 & 7.23 so a half point improvement at home isn't beyond him & he's a match-winner away!

Not sure Steady, Morris or Zengota would deliver that next year riding at 3.

Got to take Magic on a 6pt. Zengota as well. I'm sure the Pole-a-phobics will be on saying they aren't reliable etc but that's nonsense with those 2. Both potential heat leaders, we will have Museli as well on a 4

One of Morris - Zengi - or Klindt at deserve all year :-) realistically probably see Stead instead o one of those 3 but even so

You were leaning over my shoulder when you posted this Odin...admit it!

Blueboy, Klindt scored around 16 for Wolverhampton at Blunsdon in 2009. He would be a decent signing i reckon.

o

He did...but what about his other scores ER? One swallow does not not make a summer tho'. I never thought to myself whenever Wolves were in town that Klindt was somebody I would like to see as a Robin

I am not saying I wouldn't have him in the team but Janowski has plenty more scope and has performed on the larger stage and coped pretty well. People have an aversion to him just because he is Polish. The fact is he is a better rider than Klindt already and he will continue to improve.