British Speedway Forum

Pretty sure Ash Holloway has done his engines for years. I could be wrong tho and im sure someone will be quick to correct me if I am! He was good for 3 matches at the end of the year but the fact is he has been in decline for 2 years and still cant ride most away tracks.

Zagar is the rider I would like to see most but its not going to happen. So what if Batch missed a fans forum. 95% of the average crowd dont go to these things and prob dont care about whether riders attend or not.

Apart from the fact that it was disrespectful to the fans who do go to 'these things', for me, it meant he won't be with us next season. Which hopefully indicates that we will have our captain back and that the Panthers will field Kenneth Bjerre and Batchelor in their side.

Steady can ride away tracks, and i have seen him post double figure scores at both Lakeside and Belle Vue in the past. However, when he is on poor machinery, which at best is sluggish, then he will struggle. Much like Korneliussen, Bjerre, Klindt, Kennett, and Shields, all who lost their way a little last season.

Steady showed exactly what he can do on decent machinery. Remember, he defeated the world champion on his own manor. He delivered when it really mattered. Discarding him now would make no sense at all.

Apart from the fact that it was disrespectful to the fans who do go to 'these things', for me, it meant he won't be with us next season. Which hopefully indicates that we will have our captain back and that the Panthers will field Kenneth Bjerre and Batchelor in their side.

Steady can ride away tracks, and i have seen him post double figure scores at both Lakeside and Belle Vue in the past. However, when he is on poor machinery, which at best is sluggish, then he will struggle. Much like Korneliussen, Bjerre, Klindt, Kennett, and Shields, all who lost their way a little last season.

Steady showed exactly what he can do on decent machinery. Remember, he defeated the world champion on his own manor. He delivered when it really mattered. Discarding him now would make no sense at all.

I was a big a critic of Steady last season but he showed when it mattered how much the Robins mean to him & hopefully with a place in the Premier League next season his lack of racing will be behind him & an average of 7 is well within his grasp.

I was a big a critic of Steady last season but he showed when it mattered how much the Robins mean to him & hopefully with a place in the Premier League next season his lack of racing will be behind him & an average of 7 is well within his grasp.

7?!! Haha are you in the pub early today mate?!!! No chance. I do agree though that he needs to double up more than anyone and I hope it works out for him if he does. Lovely bloke is our Steady and is defo Swindon through and through.

Can one of the stato's on here tell me Steadys Lakeside, Belle Vue and Eastbourne scores over the last 3/4 seasons. Thanks in advance.

7?!! Haha are you in the pub early today mate?!!! No chance. I do agree though that he needs to double up more than anyone and I hope it works out for him if he does. Lovely bloke is our Steady and is defo Swindon through and through.

Can one of the stato's on here tell me Steadys Lakeside, Belle Vue and Eastbourne scores over the last 3/4 seasons. Thanks in advance.

It seems immaterial now if hyabb17's post is accurate, but i can help you with the double figure score at Lakeside. Guesting for Lakeside against, ironically, Swindon. 10 points i believe. Can't recall the BelleVue match, but it was again whilst guesting for another club (BelleVue i think).

Sorry to hear about Steady from his tweet. I think he showed in the play-offs what he is capable of and he will surely come back and show us what a mistake we have made releasing him. I'm sure it wouldn't have been an easy decision to make for the promotion and I wish Steady all the best with his new club (just not at Blunsdon :wink: )

Now on Swindon website http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.1854.1

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

It seems immaterial now if hyabb17's post is accurate, but i can help you with the double figure score at Lakeside. Guesting for Lakeside against, ironically, Swindon. 10 points i believe. Can't recall the BelleVue match, but it was again whilst guesting for another club (BelleVue i think).

How long ago was that ER?!! Oh well like you say it doesnt matter now.

Cue the "im not renewing my season ticket now" replies!

I don't think people are quite that shallow thecoombdog. Steady was popular amongst the vast majority of fans, as was Korneilussen to a certain extent before him. Personally, it is sad to see him go, and i am sure he is going to make things uncomfortable for us when he comes back with his new side.

Time to move on, and i have faith in the current management that they have some 'irons in the fire' to continue what already looks like a decent team.

Personally I'm gutted he won't be back next season, but Rosco knows what he's doing.

I'm just so glad he managed to win the league with us - I could see after the meeting when he was amongst the fans, that it meant more to him than anyone else.

A fitting way to bow out I guess.

I wish him all the best, and will still support him where ever he ends up.

• Like 3

Would have wanted Simon back, especially if he is able to maintain the form he had after the arrangement with Ash. I wish him good luck where ever he ends up.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 3

Yep,sad to see Steady go but it's the right decision - he's just not good enough away.

Janowski, Zengota or Klindt with Morris should be the second strings behind Andersen, Harris/Schlein & Kildemand.

Would have wanted Simon back, especially if he is able to maintain the form he had after the arrangement with Ash. I wish him good luck where ever he ends up.

He thanks you all

Simon Stead@Simon_Stead

Wow,Mixed emotions for me today. Just been told Ive been released from Swindon,can't believe it.To the fans, thank u,u have been amazing.

I feel so sorry for Steady, he's one of the good guys. I hope he gets fixed up soon.. :t:

• Like 4

He thanks you all

Simon Stead@Simon_Stead

Wow,Mixed emotions for me today. Just been told Ive been released from Swindon,can't believe it.To the fans, thank u,u have been amazing.

I feel so sorry for Steady, he's one of the good guys. I hope he gets fixed up soon.. :t:

Nicolai Klindt it is then as similar average to Steady & leaves Simon to join Sheffield.

Good luck Steady.