British Speedway Forum

Have had a busy afternoon watching The 2012 Elite League Finals. Absolutely brilliant meetings. If we can build another team like this years we can do it again in 2013.

That reminds me I must watch the 2010 finals again sometime. They were absolutely brilliant meetings as well. :)

• Like 2

Nothing to do with 'lazy promoters' not scouting, its all about the ££££££££'s

I had personally never heard of this Madsen youngster or the Pawlicki chap either for that matter, I'm just glad Matt Ford discovered them from the wilderness and allowed peasants like me the chance to watch them ride.

• Like 1

I had personally never heard of this Madsen youngster or the Pawlicki chap either for that matter, I'm just glad Matt Ford discovered them from the wilderness and allowed peasants like me the chance to watch them ride.

Pawlicki wasn't discovered by Matt Ford and Madsen was cast back into the wilderness when he obtained a realistic average :rolleyes:

According to Swindon Link magazine North Swindon MP Justin Tomlinson believes detailed plans for the development of Abbey Stadium and the houses proposed for St.Andrews Ridge are not far off.

"I understand the legal issues to do with land values from the change of use for the site from light industrial to housing have now been resolved, now the developer can move forward. To ensure continuity the developers are required to build a new stadium before the old one is redeveloped..

Swindon Robins success becoming Elite League Champions for the first time in 45 years is absolutely fantastic news for our town. Only five years ago the Robins seemed set to lose their home. In my former role as Abbey Meads councillor I stood shoulder to shoulder with Robins fans, leading the campaign to not only save their home, but also to secure a new, modern and much-improved stadium as part of the proposed development.

The whole town rallied round to secure their future, and this victory showed that it really was worth it. We should all be very proud of the efforts of Swindon's speedway community, and congratulate the team who who have now secured their place in speedway history. A new stadium and a replacement covered market is central to the plan".

Steady in Adver today saying" I want to thank everyone for their fantastic support, sticking with me through thick and thin, they are very very special". He wanted to stay at Blunsdon and as a Robins asset hopes he can return one day. Sad to see such a loyal rider depart, great with the fans, and The Robins only Englishman.Great way to go out with the champions medal.

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 6

I well remember the efforts of Mr Tomlinson and every body else, this is great news and a welcome step forward.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

I well remember the efforts of Mr Tomlinson and every body else, this is great news and a welcome step forward.

You sure ? i would say it put's Swindon Speedway in danger ....Tomlinson been great but before we start the back slapping we best wait till the staduim is built and even then with houses built around it there is always going to be problems .

• Like 1

You sure ? i would say it put's Swindon Speedway in danger ....Tomlinson been great but before we start the back slapping we best wait till the staduim is built and even then with houses built around it there is always going to be problems .

Your glass is half empty is it ?

Your glass is half empty is it ?

When comes to dealing with Mr Clark etc it's empty ..are it will remain like that intill the staduim is build .

Never trust the words of a Tory!!

Is that Tory Batchelor?!!

When you say "and others", that is every EL team, as every EL team had the chance of signing any of the foriegners. Trouoble is some of the promoters just don't go out there and find them, so they would rather not have any enter the league.

The rule is a complete nonesense as will be proved over the next 12 months. All it will do is starve the EL of new riders and we will see riders from the PL being used all the time. Our league will become more insular and even further removed from the top European Leagues than it currently is. Just because some lazy promoters don't have the ability of going out and finding new talent.

And that's the truth of the matter.

I suppose it has absoloutely nothing to do with clubs getting told riders like Dennis Anderson etc were on 5 point averages until low & behold they sign for Poole on a 4 point average then Steve?.

• Like 1

Guess the new average for the young Pole will now leave an opening for Dakota North.

See it's working already, a Pole out and a gap appears for new young British talent.............oh hang on

See it's working already, a Pole out and a gap appears for new young British talent.............oh hang on

In North case it will someone who has been committed to British speedway unlike some Money grabbing pole who will be here for 5 mins .

I'm sure most tracks have had their fair share of money grabbing riders and not just Poles. One visiting promoter told me That,after last years points reducing and therefore supposed cost cutting measures voted in at the 2011 AGM,I wouldn't believe what he was having to pay a 5 pt rider who were in great demand last year.

However that wasn't the point of my post as you probably know;-)