British Speedway Forum

Could have had Eddie riding for the Brits and another Swindon asset riding for the Robins - oh hang on?! :D

ps, can anyone confirm the admission price for this challenge?

£17 Adults - £13 concessions - Child £5

• Like 1

I have no idea how these things work. If you are a much better knowledgeable position perhaps you could enlighten us what the protocol is following the March 1st ruling.

Not a sarcastic response by the way.

Not sure you need to tell anyone! :rofl:

Not sure you need to tell anyone! :rofl:

Bless.

• Like 1

Tonights meeting Swindon v British Lions has been called off. This is due to the awful weather forecast for this evening.

This is a great shame as the Swindon team will not have ridden together before our meeting with Poole next week, and Chris Harris has an article in the local paper stating that the Brits need to have meetings and a session like Denmark had the other week at Kings Lynn where they had a three day session on track.

Edited by A ORLOV

Tonights meeting Swindon v British Lions has been called off. This is due to the awful weather forecast for this evening.

This is a great shame as the Swindon team will not have ridden together before our meeting with Poole next week, and Chris Harris has an article in the local paper stating that the Brits need to have meetings and a session like Denmark had the other week at Kings Lynn where they had a three day session on track.

The forecast ive seen suggests it will stay dry till 9pm in the Swindon area.

Had changed my mind & was going to go tonite but yet again Wincey Willis gives the promotion a weather forecast & they bin it.

Wat a bloody joke this sport has become.

Is this a joke! are they worried about getting a crap crowd? i am amazed buggered my day up big time.

It better rain, or this is another own goal by the promotion, apparently there are showers due in April, better wait till may to start the season then. :o

Prefer May be a damn sight warmer .....anycase nxt weeks more important and better to get trophy out....Poole......;)

• Like 1

It better rain, or this is another own goal by the promotion, apparently there are showers due in April, better wait till may to start the season then. :o

What a load of tripe.

Even if it doesn't rain it will be bitterly cold and they'd be lucky to get 500 through the turnstiles.

Why should the promotion risk a heavy financial loss to please a handful of dap-wearers?

• Like 3

They're bound to re-stage it otherwise they'd be diluting the season ticket saving and that nice Midland Robin would never do that. :wink:

• Like 1

Not to worry A ORLOV, Poole won't have ridden together either - in fact in some cases won't have ridden at all competitively, so should even things up.

Chris and Darcy will probably still have jet-lag so I reckon you will have the definite edge on Thursday and maybe Friday too!! :wink:

What a load of tripe.

Even if it doesn't rain it will be bitterly cold and they'd be lucky to get 500 through the turnstiles.

Why should the promotion risk a heavy financial loss to please a handful of dap-wearers?

Then why put the meeting on the fixture list in the first place if they were worried about getting a low turnout?.

To be fair, every forecast I have seen on local ITV has been for heavy rain this evening, I am in Bristol and it has been raining since before 10 this morning. Patch said some of the riders were having to fly in for this meeting. Think he made the right decision.

Wise to call it off now...bleedin freezin/wet out there, would have attracted less than 1000 and lost money. The season should be run summer school holidays only..fit 9 EL home fixtures in then!!!

• Like 1