British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Ashley Jones Memorial Trophy, Norfolk Arena 26/09/12

some fans might have wanted a better line up but who is going to pay for it. the sport is skint and individual meetings are a thing of the past. i just hope lee richardson's memorial at lakeside tomorrow gets a decent crowd, i will be there to support it.

Ashley deserves better ? or you? are your comments completely altruistic or maybe an excuse for you to see top names. Once again how do you expect riders to get competitive meetings 'pricelss'. Although I wasn't aware of AJ and his prowess even he would have been scratching around for chances at some stage. Shame it was rained off !!!

well I'd have thought a rider that lost his life deserves a good line at least some top PL riders I,m not saying it should be a line up full of Gp stars I never said that but to put riders that can't even hold down a PL team place is taking the pee to Ashley memory I think .

Any one that knows me will tell I don't need any excuse to see top riders I see them regular not just at Kings Lynn but hey sunshine you don't know that lol lol

well I'd have thought a rider that lost his life deserves a good line at least some top PL riders I,m not saying it should be a line up full of Gp stars I never said that but to put riders that can't even hold down a PL team place is taking the pee to Ashley memory I think .

Any one that knows me will tell I don't need any excuse to see top riders I see them regular not just at Kings Lynn but hey sunshine you don't know that lol lol

If you knew me you would know that 'sunshine' does not describe me either :rolleyes:

RIP AJ

some fans might have wanted a better line up but who is going to pay for it. the sport is skint and individual meetings are a thing of the past. i just hope lee richardson's memorial at lakeside tomorrow gets a decent crowd, i will be there to support it.

Clearly the top riders didn't want to ride for less to rememember a fallen collegue. I'm sure a fair bit of the takings would go to charity. The Chapmans may have their faults but to cash in on a riders memory is not one of them so why is the onus not on the riders to ride

Well to me the line up was a mixture of some of the brightest PL talent around at the moment and some Lynn riders from our PL days, plus a couple of our most promising Young Stars. Would have been a good meeting and probably more entertaining than half of the GP's this year. Maybe some bigger PL names would have put a few more on the gate, maybe not but its difficult to get riders interested in individual events nowadays. In any case the weather must have put many off as it has for much of the season.

So is this meeting being run this season or not ?

I would assume not... to be honest, I assumed that when it first got rained off. But hey, maybe I'll be surprised.

Oi. Ash would have a laugh though - this meeting has been rained out in England, and put off because of bushfire here in Oz previously. Lucky we don't have speedway tracks at the base of volcanoes!