British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Somerset Double Header Sun 30/09/2012 @ 5pm

Right now, double headers are the only solution to the fixture pile up.

If remains a ridicularity that the League Cup semi-finals are only being ridden now. That competition should be done and dusted by the end of July.

It's been a little damp during the course of the season, you may have noticed.

The League Play Off cut off date has already been put back a week.

If it hadn't been and / or the League Cup Semis had been pushed through, the league cut off would have been chaos. Would that have been better?

It's been a little damp during the course of the season, you may have noticed.

The League Play Off cut off date has already been put back a week.

If it hadn't been and / or the League Cup Semis had been pushed through, the league cut off would have been chaos. Would that have been better?

Quite correct. It is imperative that all clubs take every opportunity to get all their meetings in early using any method, to get conclusions to the KO Cup, the PL trophy and the Play Offs before the end of October. Remember that there is now an increased chance of further rainoffs as we pass through Autumn to Winter. Mind you, during the season it felt as if Winter had not gone away.

I agree that the League Cup has gone on far too long but I guess the number of rain offs this year has been a real problem.

Don't see where some are coming from by criticising the decision to run a double header. I just can't see what alternative there is? There are 5 Sunday's left (assuming no more rain offs) and a potential 7 fixtures to fit in. Running two matches in the same week would mean double the admission costs for the fans and presumably double stadium rent for the promotion. Nobody can reasonably expect the promotion to run two meetings in one night for the same or similar admission costs when they have double points money to pay.

It is a big ask for the fans but £25 ain't that bad when you consider the cost of a PL game at St James' or a night out. We are only in this position because we have been so successful. Alternative would be season now over or a few matches in the Young Shield (or whatever it's called). I know which I'd prefer.

Really hope we can keep at least one of tonight's matches close. My main worry is that we lose both heavily in which case Sunday could be a costly one for the club.

After the Sheffield cup match no Diamonds fan should ever give up on a two legged tie ever again

• Like 1

I agree that the League Cup has gone on far too long but I guess the number of rain offs this year has been a real problem.

Don't see where some are coming from by criticising the decision to run a double header. I just can't see what alternative there is? There are 5 Sunday's left (assuming no more rain offs) and a potential 7 fixtures to fit in. Running two matches in the same week would mean double the admission costs for the fans and presumably double stadium rent for the promotion. Nobody can reasonably expect the promotion to run two meetings in one night for the same or similar admission costs when they have double points money to pay.

It is a big ask for the fans but £25 ain't that bad when you consider the cost of a PL game at St James' or a night out. We are only in this position because we have been so successful. Alternative would be season now over or a few matches in the Young Shield (or whatever it's called). I know which I'd prefer.

Really hope we can keep at least one of tonight's matches close. My main worry is that we lose both heavily in which case Sunday could be a costly one for the club.

The PL play-offs are on a group/league basis, so I presume it's the same system as used in PL matches (so 3 points for a narrow away win, 2 points for a draw, 4 points for a big away win, etc.).

Im lead to believe that the black n white helmet cover can be used in the league cup but not in the k.o. cup. :blink:

I think you should be able to declare a number 8 in a double header in case of an injury in the first match.

I think you should be able to declare a number 8 in a double header in case of an injury in the first match.

You are allowed to declare a number 8 in any match that you are using Rider Replacement, whether it's a single match or double header.

You are allowed to declare a number 8 in any match that you are using Rider Replacement, whether it's a single match or double header.

are we doing this then Abbott?? Home and away?? Do you know??

are we doing this then Abbott?? Home and away?? Do you know??

No idea.

Ben Morley guests for Steve tomorrow (source 'the Chronicle').

Im lead to believe that the black n white helmet cover can be used in the league cup but not in the k.o. cup. :blink:

anyone know??

The PL play-offs are on a group/league basis, so I presume it's the same system as used in PL matches (so 3 points for a narrow away win, 2 points for a draw, 4 points for a big away win, etc.).

I asked the same question, but nobody seems to know. Sounds about right for Speedway..

Ben Morley guests for Steve tomorrow (source 'the Chronicle').

Not too bad a choice really. Ben has ridden in the Rockets PL team and has a 7.81 NL average.

Adam currently has an average of 6.45 whilst Paul Starke 5.70 and Stef Neilsen 8.32 are not available due to Mildenhall's own double header against the IOW.

We need the big guys on their game, like they usually are at home, and Ludvig needs to return to winning ways. Both required results are very do able but we have not got to carry anyone. A bit of grip on a damp track should do the trick.

Best of luck boys.