British Speedway Forum

Think Lakeside may have picked him up cheap , swapping for Adam sheilds , yes adam was a good rider a few years ago but not sure he has the same potential as Bridger with a bit of M H s and others money behind him.Be interesting to see if he still doubles up?

Excellent move for both Lakeside and Bridger.

Lewis will no doubt revel in riding for the club that Lee was last at, and hopefully him and Mr Hagon have sorted out their differences and will be back on board with each other

• Like 3

Moving to another small track is yet another poor move by Lewis ..really needs to step outside his comfort zone , thou from a Lakeside point of view he will do a good job for them .

I`d like to think that Lewis and Lakseide will benefit from this move -He is soon due to become a Dad so hopefully than will help him grow up a bit , and show a bit of responsibility , together with the Lakseide link with Rico , somebody who Lewis had a lot of respect for , and hopefully he will have convinced Mr Hagon that he has a better attitude all round , therefore he will be well supported with Kit ,all in all a lot of positives imo

Bags of Potential , still untapped / unproven ................ upto you now Mr Bridger

Lucky

• Like 1

Moving to another small track is yet another poor move by Lewis ..really needs to step outside his comfort zone , thou from a Lakeside point of view he will do a good job for them .

Maybe so, but a year away at another small trakc just to get away then next season he can go to a bigger track. Small steps and all that.

Maybe so, but a year away at another small trakc just to get away then next season he can go to a bigger track. Small steps and all that.

Yes, I agree, although I would guess he maybe did not have many big-track options on the table after not really doing much at Peterboro and Cov. , In the short term it seems to be a good move to be somewhere where he can score some points, make some money and start to clear his debts so Lakeside seems to be a decent move. The problem will be if he does well and Lakeside want to buy him or do a straight contract swap with Eastie for Adam Shiellds, then what ? Big decision for Lewis if that happens. The thing is that PK and Davey won't be around for ever and all Lakeside's assets are second strings and reserves so they need to be looking for young riders like Lewis as assets who can step up to a decent heat-leader role.

• Like 1

Well said SCB.

Plus going to the club where his hero rode might just help to re-focus his ability.

Unlike some i wish the lad well.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 4

On hindsight, I'd actually prefer to have Lewis at Lakeside, rather than lose a talented Brit to the sport for good.

Hopefully, he has matured. Cookie could man-manage him no doubt and the Hagon sponsorship may just re-materialise.

But the crux of the matter is that he rode his nuts off to win Rico's meeting, and looked pretty exceptional. He DOES have a lot of ability and potentially still some untapped talent.

He may have made mistakes in the past, but come on! Were all of us on this forum completely 'whiter than white' during our youth? I know I certainly wasn't! Or did we all make mistakes, that we later regretted and learnt from as we matured?

So I take back what I said on the Lakeside 2013 post. If becoming a HAMMER gives Lewis a final chance, then good luck to him.

I'm beginning to think he wouldn't let us down after all, and may just be the sort of bloke we are looking for.

Looking like your crystal ball tells truth, maybe he will be helped from above by rico too, others must not keep dishing our own talented British Riders before they have the maturity , experience, money and backing to prove themselves.Sometimes to much is expected too early. You have been thrown a life line Lewis , Good Luck.

Taxi & a Ban for "emilali".

"JJR" - shut the door on the way out.

Yes, I agree, although I would guess he maybe did not have many big-track options on the table after not really doing much at Peterboro and Cov. , In the short term it seems to be a good move to be somewhere where he can score some points, make some money and start to clear his debts so Lakeside seems to be a decent move. The problem will be if he does well and Lakeside want to buy him or do a straight contract swap with Eastie for Adam Shiellds, then what ? Big decision for Lewis if that happens. The thing is that PK and Davey won't be around for ever and all Lakeside's assets are second strings and reserves so they need to be looking for young riders like Lewis as assets who can step up to a decent heat-leader role.

I can't see eastie selling him or doing a straight contract swap with shields but who knows with the eastie promotion

Well said SCB.

Plus going to the club where his hero rode might just help to re-focus his ability.

Unlike some i wish the lad well.

Lee was captain fantastic at Lakeside and as you say LBs hero if he can ride the track half as well as Lee and like he did

when just missing out too DW at Lees meeting.

Then I for one will be a happy Hammers fan and like you wish him all the best for the season

• Like 4

Now he is confirmed at Lakeside , there is still a chance he could double up at a bigger track in the Premier League. Should he want to.