British Speedway Forum

Good luck to Lewis at Lakeside, I'm sure he'll be a good signing for the Hammers and hopefully he'll mature into a top Team GB International. We all do some very stupid things when we are young and it sounds like he has grown up hopefully.

Edited by Beesveva1
  • Like 3

... he could double up at a bigger track in the Premier League...
...hopefully he'll mature into a top Team GB International...

Maturing into a GB International by doubling down into the Premier League? Interesting concept. Ask Ben Barker if it's one that works.

why do people think you become a good rider riding the fast big tracks? what track takes more skill lakeside or pboro? long as you got fast equipment your ok at the showground ask the poles how they find harder tracks. the true greats ride anything not just one track bullys

why do people think you become a good rider riding the fast big tracks? what track takes more skill lakeside or pboro? long as you got fast equipment your ok at the showground ask the poles how they find harder tracks. the true greats ride anything not just one track bullys

Ask Lewis Bridger what he would rather be able to ride, Lakeside or P'boro.

Peterborough's Polish duo are earning thousands over in Poland and Sweden.

Bridger struggles to turn the bike on the big Polish circuits and he got dropped very quickly.

Big tracks take more skill to learn and the benefits are higher in terms of finance.

Big tracks take more skill to learn and the benefits are higher in terms of finance.

Can't comment on the rewards financially, but your assertion that big tracks take more skill to learn is highly dubious and most likely complete rubbish.

Having spoken to some very good ex riders at Eastbourne they have all told me that the smaller tracks are technically much more difficult as you have to turn the bike, control the slide and use throttle control, whereas at the large tracks you can more or less keep it on the gas all the way round, with much less turning involved. I think Kelvin Tatum has also alluded to this in his commentaries, and I certainly notice the difference in engine noise and revs when attending tracks such as Swindon where it's full on most of the time, compared to Eastbourne and Lakeside where you can hear the throttle coming on and off.

• Like 1

So why do the skilled Eastbourne riders like Lahti,Gustafsson,Woodword and Bridger not get rides ahead of un-skilled big track riders in Poland and Sweden?

Bridger isn't an Eastbourne Rider.

Keep up........we're not waiting for you.

• Like 2

So why do the skilled Eastbourne riders like Lahti,Gustafsson,Woodword and Bridger not get rides ahead of un-skilled big track riders in Poland?

Maybe something to do with their nationality??

• Like 1

So why do the skilled Eastbourne riders like Lahti,Gustafsson,Woodword and Bridger not get rides ahead of un-skilled big track riders in Poland and Sweden?

Why do you keep spouting bullsh!t time and time again? The best thing for everybody on this forum would be for you to be banned permanently.

Bridger has just retired from racing as he has joined Lakeside and you don't need me to remind you about their track...

Stupid comment or is that cos P'boro got mullered at the arena at the end of last season?

Nothing wrong with our track just ask Darcy Ward, PK, Davey Watt Chris Holder etc they don't have any problems RACING on it. Maybe it's just that your boyfriend can't handle it?

• Like 4

Maybe something to do with their nationality??

No, It's called ability.

Check Lahti's scores in Poland, 0,0,0,0

Ty Proctor scored 0,0,0,0 in Poland and the fans were about to riot and he got dropped for the next meeting.

• Like 1

To be honest, I couldn't give a tuppenny toss about Speedway in Poland, nor how riders perform there.

My only concern is how they ride whilst wearing the claret & blue, within the UK.

• Like 5

Learn to ride a small track and u can ride any track

If what people are saying about big tracks why was Exeter riders so Crap away from home on small tracks

Learn to ride a small track and u can ride any track

If what people are saying about big tracks why was Exeter riders so Crap away from home on small tracks

Its simply not that clear cut otherwise Bridger and Kennet would be in the GP's.

I have never been a Bridger Fan - his early off Tack antics put me off. However - reading through this Thread it does appear that he has matured. If this is so - then British Speedway can ill afford to lose a talented young Rider that Bridger undoubtedly appears to be. I believe that he should be allowed to Double Down to the Premier League. By doing so, he can earn more money, hone his skills and improve as a Rider, which can only be of benefit to the Great Britain (hate TeamGB - rubbish name)set up. As has already been said - plenty of foreigners seem to do it in Sweden, Poland etc.

On a not unrelated point. WHY are we, Great Britain, the only Country to stick slavishly to the European Union Laws? France, Italy et al don't - so why should we?

I think its more about equipment on the bigger tracks really, Bridger never has had top notch bikes etc etc to be fair, living on the Eastbourne shoe string hasnt really helped.People often said he may end up a one track pony.I have no doubt he has the bike skills to ride Arlington but he hasnt served enough of his apprenticeship on the bigger tracks really. With better equipment / mech and bike set ups only then will we see what hes really made of or not for that matter. As with all? / most british sport our talent is not helped by the country to develope and improve . We just expect them to be good pay for everything themselves, and slag them off if they arnt or let us down............................................... :sad: . As for riding in the premier?? yes it would give him a bit more pocket money ,but he really needs to get more experience riding abroad too, especially if he wants to further his career.??

Edited by ronnieb